Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI'm new...where's the toilet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm new...where's the toilet?
    Posted: October 25 2008 at 14:53

Hello all,

I'm new here, just thought I'd introduce myself and say hello.

I post on the It Bites and Frost forums under the moniker Gman but some bugger had taken that on this forum so had to resort to something else!! I'm sure whoever it is is a lovely person Smile

Anyhoo, I've posted a message in the musicians area as I'm looking to join or form a prog band in the Midlands...there must be some talented persons in the area looking to do something???!!!

Have a lovely day/night (delete as appropriate),

Giles
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 15:40
Welcome here - noticed you were a fellow bass player. Thumbs Up

Oh, and the toilet: go to General Discussions, look up The Shed - it's right behind the door on the right. Wink
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 21:16
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Welcome here - noticed you were a fellow bass player. Thumbs Up

Oh, and the toilet: go to General Discussions, look up The Shed - it's right behind the door on the right. Wink

^^DOH, Angelo!!!! That's where Ivan takes his naps!!! Heads up, Ivan!!!! Big smile

Welcome to the PA. Love the new It Bites, and really looking forward to the new Frost* disc, too.

E
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 04:31
Hello. Is your username a Jefferson Airplane reference?
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 04:55
^^I think its a Monty Python reference, personally....Wink

Good to hear you're from the Midlands...whereabouts?

J
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
WhiteRabbit View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 08:04
"Oh, and the toilet: go to General Discussions, look up The Shed - it's right behind the door on the right. Wink

^^DOH, Angelo!!!! That's where Ivan takes his naps!!! Heads up, Ivan!!!! Big smile"

Cheers guys - don't worry I missed Ivan...I'm a good shot!!  I nearly went in the gear section and electrocuted myself!

WhiteRabbit is part of the name of my business WhiteRabbit Creative (web/graphic design, copywriting, ecommerce..that sort of stuff). Named after my dear white rabbit "Willow".

I live in Coventry (for my sins) - is was either a nice bit of Cov or a dodgy bit of Leamington Spa...so the nice bit of Cov won (yes, there are bits Wink )

Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to discovering some new bands via this site....and hopefully getting into a prog band.

G Smile
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 08:08
Originally posted by WhiteRabbit WhiteRabbit wrote:

WhiteRabbit is part of the name of my business WhiteRabbit Creative (web/graphic design, copywriting, ecommerce..that sort of stuff). Named after my dear white rabbit "Willow".

Oh. Shocked
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 11:53
Originally posted by WhiteRabbit WhiteRabbit wrote:

"Oh, and the toilet: go to General Discussions, look up The Shed - it's right behind the door on the right. Wink

^^DOH, Angelo!!!! That's where Ivan takes his naps!!! Heads up, Ivan!!!! Big smile"

Cheers guys - don't worry I missed Ivan...I'm a good shot!!  I nearly went in the gear section and electrocuted myself!

I live in Coventry (for my sins) - is was either a nice bit of Cov or a dodgy bit of Leamington Spa...so the nice bit of Cov won (yes, there are bits Wink )

Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to discovering some new bands via this site....and hopefully getting into a prog band.

G Smile

Do you have a website? Art Director here and would like to take a peek. Big smile

E
WhiteRabbit View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 14:05
Hello E-Dub...it's going to sound a bit lame, but I don't have a website (yet) - I've been too busy doing work for other people! I started freelancing in April this year. I've just designed one though and passed it on to my developer, so knowing developers, it'll probably be live sometime in 2020 Wink

Here are a few links though:
http://www.themusicalbox.co.uk/ (a site that I did for free for a mate)
http://www.esquebeauty.com/ (in need of an update)
http://www.esquebeauty.com/esque_brochure_2008_web.pdf (Esque's new brochure - I wrote 90% of the copy for that too)

That's just a very small portion of what I've done - there are other sites but they aren't live yet (pesky developers).

Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad!!

G Smile

Post Reply Post Reply