Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUmm, hi.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umm, hi.
    Posted: February 23 2009 at 09:15
So.... Hello, from Finland. I'm not going to write a long text about my musical history like my fellow Finn Firepenguin did, so I'm just gonna state that I've been listening to music since I was a kid, mostly because my father has told about good bands to me and he has also played some songs from them to me... And mind you, a big part of the music I have in my playlist is from his albums, the other songs being from my own CD's or CD's from library.

Anyways, I like music, playing it, listening to it. I think that I'm pretty open-minded in music-concerning things - I'm going to see Simply Red in April, but I'd like to see Metallica or Dream Theater, as well. So, I don't really like looking into the genre so much (this is prog - this MUST be very good! / pop = flop), I listen to what sounds good. Of course, the genres may show you a direction to go with and they usually also relate to the odds of you liking the music - if 90 % of the rap you've heard has turned out to be bad and 90 % of the rock you've heard has turned out to be good, the chance of finding a good band from rock bands is more likely, I think.

...and then I like video games, yes. Been playing them since I was a child, I suppose. They're awesome! (The good games, I mean. xP)

And umm, what else... books are ok, I don't read them much, but if I find a good book, it usually just drags me into it's world, like the book I'm now reading, David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas. An awesome book, read it.

Hmm... yeah, about what I play... Sax (my main instrument) and guitar (acoustic, even though I sometimes borrow an electric one from my friend, shoulda probably buy an own one, also)...

Yes, and, hmm... My Last.Fm -profile, yup... And if you want my Messenger, you probably have to ask it with a PM, I'm not gonna put it here...

So, hi, everyone.
June View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2009 at 13:05
Hi and welcome.

I gotta a feeling you'll find plenty of video games and DT fans around here...
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2009 at 23:39
Wow, there's a Finnish invasion happening Clap At least two people. I think I saw a third one with less than ten posts some day now. So yeah, welcome and enjoy your hopefully long stay! Smile
Petrovsk Mizinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 00:42
Hey, welcome aboard.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 06:22
Hello, welcome.
And I wanna say Finnish prog is awesome.
I love especially Pekka Pohjola's "Harakka Bialoipokku". 
Tzibo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 09:02
Originally posted by Keppa4v Keppa4v wrote:

Wow, there's a Finnish invasion happening Clap At least two people. I think I saw a third one with less than ten posts some day now. So yeah, welcome and enjoy your hopefully long stay! Smile

Yeah, well, Firepenguin and me registered about the same time, he told about this forum to me... :P

Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Hello, welcome.
And I wanna say Finnish prog is awesome.
I love especially Pekka Pohjola's "Harakka Bialoipokku". 

Hmm! I'd certainly hear about Finnish prog-scene more, I haven't really delved into the abysses of Finnish prog - mostly I've heard one album of Circle and two albums of Kuolleet Intiaanit (seriously, what the f--), a few songs of Kingston Wall and that's about it, unless CMX is prog too.

Even though I know that Pekka Pohjola died some time ago... But well, his children make music, too, Verneri Pohjola's some kind of a jazz artist and his other kids play something too, I think... What kinda music Pekka Pohjola's music is?

Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 14:31
^ Go and have a listen, here's a good song from his best album in my opinion: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=781
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 15:17
Welcome, welcome! A fellow gamer. Very cool. Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply