Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed help identifying a Pink Floyd song!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help identifying a Pink Floyd song!!!
    Posted: March 09 2009 at 08:42
Hi there,

I was just flicking through my iTunes library and came across an mp3 of Pink Floyd's 'Cymbaline' that I must have downloaded absolutely years ago (because I have since bought nearly every Floyd release on CD). It's not the version from More, it's a live version and it's 10:47 in length. It's NOT, however, the version from the bootleg live Smoking Blues album, it sounds somewhat different. Does anybody know of any recorded performances of this song that this could be?? I want to find out if it appears on any live album or bootleg that I haven't heard about before then proceeding to run out and buy that album straight away, it's a great version. However given the sound quality of the recording it is probably a bootleg. Anyway, any help would be appreciated!
Astrodomine View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 14:37
When searching the online Pink Floyd roio database I only found Smoking Blues containing Cymbaline. Maybe it's from the film version, maybe it's on the "A Tree Full Of Secret" underground compilation of rarities.

Edit: I also found it on the bootlegs "Electric Factory", "KQED TV Studios"  and "Complete BBC Broadcasts". All of the three are excellent sounding versions.

Edited by Astrodomine - March 09 2009 at 14:49
Luca Pacchiarini View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 14:50
There are hundreds of live bootlegs with Cymbaline (1969-1971), and each version is different, so it's very difficult to determine where and when that version was played.

Edited by Luca Pacchiarini - March 09 2009 at 14:51
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 14:58
I'm sorry guys - it is not site policy to discuss unofficial releases. I'm going to have to lock this thread.
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply