Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSaving Unfinished Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saving Unfinished Reviews
    Posted: March 16 2009 at 13:40
Well I`m resolved to the fact that I`ll never be able to post pictures Sleepy. How about this one. I don`t have that much time to spend on the site anymore but when I do it`s usually in an office which is not at home and I`m usually doing a few other things at the same time. If you`re halfway through a review and you`re interupted is it possible to save the review and continue it later on? This happened to me this morning when I thought I had enough time to write a Trace - Birds review and had to cut it short because I had to leave the office for an hour. Now I`m going to have to go back and fix it up.
progismylife View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 13:59
I usually type my reviews in a program like Microsoft Word. It's really easy to save unfinished reviews there.

Then I copy and paste it over.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 14:01
I'd suggest you never write the review on line Vibe. The risk is that you'll lose your hard work due to connection problems etc.

I always write mine in a word processor and save them, then copy and paste them into the review submission form. If you need to transport them to and from home, use a memory stick or e-mail them to yourself.

To answer your question though, you cannot save a work in process draft on the site, you have to post the review. As a prog reviewer, you can of coure go back and edit it later.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 14:08
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

I always write mine in a word processor and save them, then copy and paste them into the review submission form. If you need to transport them to and from home, use a memory stick or e-mail them to yourself.

I do exactly the same.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 14:10
Another vote for word processing your review first.  Might even be well advised to do the same for long forum posts.

If for some reason you don't have word processing software, here's a freebie you might be interested in:

http://www.openoffice.org/

Edited by Slartibartfast - March 16 2009 at 14:12
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 09:48
I guess I`ll have to just have to do what I`ve been doing all along. As Easy Livin`said, go back and edit them later. But the thing that irks me is that they go up on the home page uncorrected untill 50 reviews come along. I figured it was a long shot. Thanks anyway.

I`m still living in the age of the abacus and slide rule. My 5th grade teacher actually taught us to use an abacus and I remember her saying that the knowledge might come in handy once the planet was pretty much destroyed. In Japan where they are still manafactured they still teach students to use them in  primary school. Got through high school with a slide rule and the air force with manual flight navigation computers ( I had a human navigator with me most of the time ) .
Diaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 11:51
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Another vote for word processing your review first.  Might even be well advised to do the same for long forum posts.

If for some reason you don't have word processing software, here's a freebie you might be interested in:

http://www.openoffice.org/

I simply use Notepad. Great software!
yeah
 Post Reply Post Reply