Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey
    Posted: May 16 2005 at 10:04

Hey. I am Sekkyoku. I found this site through the swedish web prog store The Missing Piece a couple of months ago, and for that I am truly grateful. Having listened to progressive rock for about seven years, I can now expand my world of progressive music even wider, thanks to the easy navigation, the reviews, biographys, links and music samples of this site.

I started with Kansas, after having got tired of Deep Purple, Who, Hendrix, Led Z and so on, and moved on with masters such as Kaipa, Yes, KC and Rush, and now I listen to many different groups within the genre of 'Progressive Rock' and it´s sub genres. Of course I also listen a lot to classical music, jazz, fusion, and folk music/rock.  
Occasionally, when there is time, I play music myself. My intention is to do so more often.

Some of the favourite bands at the moment are Isildurs Bane, Gentle Giant, Glass Hammer, and, of course, Kansas and Kaipa. 

I just discovered the page here with links to the online radio stations. Wonderful. Yet another reason to why this might just be one of the best sites of the net ever.

Btw, suggestions of prog bands that are really intense, highly technical and very 'progressive' are gratefully received.

Remember that everything is part of the universe.
All the best. /CJ Sekkyoku

Edited by Sekkyoku
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 11:14

Hi Sekkyoku,

Its great to have you on board... you will learn a lot from the directory of bands on the homepage of this website, with the reviews, but I might suggest a Swedish band for you to try; Pain Of Salvation... they are pretty well unique.  Try 'Remedy Lane' for starters.

In the mean time, enjoy!

Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Sekkyoku View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 02:57

Thanks!
Pain Of Salvation are more of prog metal, are they not? I have heard them, I think, but only very briefly. I´ll check them out some more, thank you for the tip!

Have you heard Spiral Architect? Great norwegian technical metal. Or Aghora? Both only made one album, but they are very good never the less. When it comes to metal.

Take care now.
/Sekkyoku

PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 10:03
welcome aboard
CYMRU AM BYTH
Velvetclown View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member