Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Master's Apprentices (and why are they in PP?)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Master's Apprentices (and why are they in PP?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Master's Apprentices (and why are they in PP?)
    Posted: November 27 2009 at 17:47

I apologize if this was already discussed, but I missed it when they got approved. Why are they in Proto-Prog? Based on the only album I have by them, Toast to Panama Red, I would think heavy prog would be their niche.

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 03:19
They were approved just over a year ago. They were considered for heavy prog and a number of other sub-genres, but rejected for them all. The general view of the teams was that they did have a place on this site, but that they did not fit well in their sub-genre(s).

Although some of their output comes from the early 1970's, they were approved for proto prog on the basis that prog developed at different rates and in different years in the various continents (per our definition).

The admin team would like to see them in a full prog genre, as the general view of the teams who evaluated them seemed to be that they are prog, but to date none of the teams have been willing to pick them up. 

Edited by Easy Livin - November 28 2009 at 03:20
AmericanProgster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 09:28
Makes sense, thank you for the explanation. Hope you guys find a proper home for them if they need it.
 Post Reply Post Reply