Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpastic Ink/Watchtower/Ron Jarzombek

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spastic Ink/Watchtower/Ron Jarzombek
    Posted: April 25 2004 at 06:37
I'm actually quite disturbed about not finding them here...Spastic Ink are quite new, but the other two (guitarist Ron Jarzombek is the link between the three) has been around for quite some while. It's all about ultra-progressive stuff, I don't know if they're metal or rock or something else, but a truly unique bunch of people they remain. Check Jarzombek's/Spastic Ink's website at spasticink.com, it's a thrilling experience! I guess that this Jarzombek fellow might very well agree to put up an mp3 here as well.

I hope to see these three artists around soon!
www.geocities.com/joelbitars
lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2004 at 14:51

I already asked Max to add these bands to the progarch'files. I am pleased to see that I am not the only one to enjoy the fantastic work by Ron Jarzombek (is he a native of Poland like me ?). Spastic Ink is probably the most original jazz-fusion band I ever heard. You can't find another band that sounds the same. It's truly mind-blowing, sort of Holdsworth meets LTE. Watchtower is much more thrash-oriented like were groups such as Coroner or Cynic. But "Control and resistance" is a must-have for any prog-metal afficionado. BTW, did you listen to John Arch's solo album (it features Mike Portnoy and members of Fates Warning), another mind-blowing work. People in this forum should really put an ear to Spastic Ink (especially "Ink complete").

Spastic Ink - Ink Complete

"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
 Post Reply Post Reply