Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRarest prog album you own?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2011 at 07:28
vangelis original vinyl lp from sex power soundtrack and fais que ton reve soit plus long que la nuit+ a band called the end and produced by bill wyman in the sixties Wink
Lozlan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2011 at 09:10
Let's see...I've been collecting vinyl for a little over half a year, and I've definitely stumbled across some tasty gems. I found immaculate pressings of Ultimate Spinach's first two albums in a record store owner's back room - picked them up for ten bucks apiece. I've also got an original Japanese pressing of Rubber Soul (yes, I got a ludicrously good deal on it) and an LP by little-known Wisconsin proggers Sunblind Lion that's worth 30-40 smackaroos. Still, any vinyl is a treasure. Currently listening to a great early pressing of The Soft Parade I picked up yesterday.
Certified Obscure Prog Fart.

The Loose Palace of Exile - My first novel, The Mask of Tamrel, now available on Amazon and Kindle
Xaxaar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 14:38
Originally posted by NecronCommander NecronCommander wrote:

What's the rarest prog album you own?
For clarification: you must have the physical album, be it vinyl, cassette, or CD (does not count if it was downloaded), and for simplicity's sake, we'll say that it's rare if it's generally difficult to find hard copies of it.

For me, the rarest album I own is an original 2001 copy (not the 2005 reissue) of maudlin of the Well's Leaving Your Body Map.  I'm in the process of tracking down a copy of Bath, which is no easy task either.

Care to share?  I'm guessing that some of the rarest stuff out there are limited quantity recording demos and such.

knaweovngae;knav; SO JEALOUS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789