Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPINK FLOYD REFORM FOR LIVE AID?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 18:32

I know of the ITF incident you brought up, in 1999. My sources are from 2003. One is Rolling Stone, and the other is... I don't know, some German interview. Both took place for the DSOTM SACD release.

I knew you would cite RogerWatersOnline as your source denying that he attended, I have no idea why they did that. So a lot of sites took their word. But PFCO, who are in direct contact with David and company, confirmed that Roger was indeed there.

laztraz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 18:40

Has anyone heard a Pink Floyd cover band called Several Species.  Really good if you get a chance to see them.

s

transend View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 18:45

Back to the subject at hand, however.

Mr. Geldof has apparently said "over my dead body" about doing another live aid.

Shame, it would be good, would make so much more $$ and would likely be better sounding (the original had some seriously dubiuous sound mixes that were cleaned up in the DVD) and be better organized, since the original was very 'spur of the moment'.

Roger, is undoubtably a genious, but also a big head. That often comes with the territory of genius. Any PF reunion would COMPLETELY hinge on him. I am certain the others would do it in a heartbeat, because they have already opened themselves to him a bit. (Mason played with him, Rick met him, Dave invited him to play DSOTM live in '94) So I believe Mr. Waters has to shrug off the animosity himself. It seems unlikely but impossible, that pretty much concurs with what Nick Mason says in the final chapter of his new book. A great read, by the way.

My fave Floyd album:

Animals.

Then:

Any bootlleg of the '77 tour with Animals & Wish you were here played in there entireties with all the jamming in the songs! Wonderful.

Yeah, there will never be another PF. Hope they play together once more time at least.

koolboee cdmo87 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 18:51
Actually, Gilmour is keeping the post-Waters Floyd apart too. He's the one that doesn't want to get together with Rick and Nick and make another album, both Rick and Nick have said that.
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 18:53
Originally posted by koolboee cdmo87 koolboee cdmo87 wrote:

I know of the ITF incident you brought up, in 1999. My sources are from 2003. One is Rolling Stone, and the other is... I don't know, some German interview. Both took place for the DSOTM SACD release.

I knew you would cite RogerWatersOnline as your source denying that he attended, I have no idea why they did that. So a lot of sites took their word. But PFCO, who are in direct contact with David and company, confirmed that Roger was indeed there.

Because Phil knows that Roger wasn't there.. thats why he did it...Uh... I spoke to quite a few people who attended that funeral.. and believe me Roger was not there.

Whatever sources you have, I've got a feeling mine are better... and I know that Rick in not on good terms with Roger.  Also at the opening for Storms art show in London months ago, Rick showed up and when someone asked about a reunion with Roger, Rick laughed and walked off... his son-in-law, Guy Pratt said "Never happen".

THIS IS ELP
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 18:57

And yes, Nick would like to do a Pink Floyd album with Dave and Rick.. and Dave is the one who's not keen on that.  However, I've also heard that Rick is not keen on doing it also.. so basically its Nick that would like to do that.

When I asked Nick last month about the rumor that Dave may turn this solo album he's working on into a Floyd album... Nick said that he had heard that rumor also, but neither he nor Rick had been approached by Dave about it as of then.  Now I hear that Dave has hired some technicians from Poland to work on this album.  Personally I'm just glad he's working on something...

THIS IS ELP
Yams View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 21:09
Gilmour said he'd need to take two years out of his life to record another Floyd album, and there wouldn't be a tour without an album.

Instead of giving in to all these rumors, it's more safe to say that The Floyd aren't going to get back together any time soon.
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 04:58

A Reunion would be nice,

But at the end of the day unlikely to happen.

CYMRU AM BYTH
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 05:04

Floyd w/o Waters is a Gilmour solo act....and Waters w/o the Floyd is a nostalgia act.

Floyd is dead....long live the Floyd!

I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Harlequin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 17:59
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best...
Wizard/TRueStar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 19:42
Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

Floyd w/o Waters is a Gilmour solo act....and Waters w/o the Floyd is a nostalgia act.

Hell wrong.  David Gilmour as solo goes in a complete different direction.  Listen to FLoyd w/out Gimlour and his solo efforts.  It is painfully obvious AMLOR & TDB are indeed PINKFLOYD ALBUMS.

How come none of you guys argue Floyd is dead w/out Syd?  Like it or not something of value was lost when Gilmour took over (not to say Gilmour didn't bring his own brilliance).

Wizard/TRueStar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 19:47
Originally posted by laztraz laztraz wrote:

Has anyone heard a Pink Floyd cover band called Several Species.  Really good if you get a chance to see them.

Nope.  Heard of Wish You Were Here: The Sight & Sound of Pink Floyd"?  I'll be seeing them on saturday  I heard they have a seperate band that does Genesis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123