Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWitt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Witt
    Posted: April 08 2010 at 19:59
Hey guys, i'm new to this website, and I just wanted to let you know about this fantastic band called Witt.

Witt is a three-piece math rock band from San Diego, CA, featuring Jesse Kranzler, Evan Backer and Henry Wessman. From what I've known, they've been together since 2008 or something along the lines of that.

Their songs feature a lot of time changing and key changing, but are able to put a lot of power into them. Their different licks and riffs are very unique, and complimented with very funky bass lines and drumbeats, they are able to play songs that seem complex, but are also natural at the same time. I personally love their style because it is very funky and fun to listen to.

You can hear their music at myspace.com/wittysn8. They also have 2 albums, Whip, from Young Optimist Records, and There's Blood EP, with the label unknown to me. They have available downloads at http://witt.bandcamp.com/. They are also going to be touring the west coast this summer, so for all you California kids, look up their schedule on Myspace and get going!

(For the record, this is not one of the band members, just one of their good friends)
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 05:02
Hyperlinked: http://www.myspace.com/wittysn8

Nice band member photos LOL

Good stuff!

The name of the label seems to be Young Optimists Records. I've googled it and it appears to be a one-man indie label. The website is down for the moment, but the MySpace is here: http://www.myspace.com/youngoptimistsrecords

I'll alert the Math-Rock team, thanks! Thumbs Up
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 07:17
i have just added them ti post rock charts for evaluation. i will check them, thanks 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 07:26
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Nice band member photos LOL

hahhaha... yeah...   what did Evan and Jesse share the same frickin sweater LOL

those pics look like they have a story behind them...

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 07:32
hahahha...   what's with the photoshopping...  a bad pic?? LOL

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 07:53
that's definitely math-rock if I've ever heard it LOL.  If an 'official' group should be a no brainer for inclusion.
jessedino View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2010 at 21:04
HEY
I just saw this on a brief search of the entire interweb. I play the guitar in Mr. Witt. Thank you for taking a listen to the music we make. You're nice. 

Anyways, the photoshop things are for this:
http://kck.st/b5Mnvd

We are going to be touring Europe this coming December-January and are pretty much self-funding the whole thing so I made this nice little video to get support from people. Seeing as though I go to school in New York and my other two children go to school in California, I had to find substitutes for them in the video, hence the photoshop.

Let me know if anybody has any questions. And if anybody would like to help spread the word, it would be much appreciated.

And if you like the stuff we're doing, here is a list of bands/composers I have been listening to lately that I really am in to:
Farmers Market (stian carstensen): I highly recommend the S/T particularly the track "Some Fag Rag" (http://farmers-market.net/albums/farmers-market/)
Extra Life: You should already know about them. If not, shame on you. One of the best live shows ever. Get the album "Secular Works" (myspace.com/extralifetheband)
miRthkon: great avant/art rock from the Bay Area, great broz, RIYL Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (myspace.com/mirthkon)
Totally Serious: ex-drummer/bassist from Upsilon Acrux (myspace.com/upsilonacrux) absolutely incredible live also the best guys. See them if you live near LA (http://www.myspace.com/totallyserioustheband)
Sleeping People: SD math rock (myspace.com/sleepingpeople)
I've also recently been listening to the Alarm Will Sound album A/rhythmia a lot lately, great album if you like minimalist/modern composition, Reich, Cage, Glass, etc...

THANKS
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 05:37
How is the fund-raising going, Jesse?
jessedino View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 17:11
the fundraising went well! we raised almost $3000 and i am currently booking dates for the tour
we just finished touring and played our last show until jan last night in LA
in the meantime, we will be playing in different projects and hopefully we'll come back with a vengeance on our next vacation

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 21:46
will look at for Math, thanks

Post Reply Post Reply