Topic ClosedScary music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2014 at 15:59
Antonius Rex, Jacula, Devil Dolls
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”

Dark Side Radio - Best new Prog 2015 mixed with good old stuff. - www.live365.com/stations/young_gun
Kentucky_Hawkwindage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2014 at 16:34
I used to think Black Sabbath's self titled track "Black Sabbath" & "Electric Funeral" were scary when i was like 13 years old.....
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2014 at 16:43
Not sure if Gates Of Paradise has been mentioned, a solo album from Robert Fripp but i've read a lot of people who feel this is beyond scary. I do have it and have it lined up for review in a week or two so i'll see.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2014 at 16:08
When I was 12 it was the Vanilla Fudge cover of Donovan's Season of the Witch. Scared the crap out of me.
Most of my more recent favourites are already covered here, but I would like to mention Cyclobe, in particular their album The Visitors. Which strikes me as what would happen if the BBC Radiophonic Workshop was taken over by dead-eyed cultists of a malign non-Euclidean entity who proceeded to broadcast the sounds that would reset all human consciousness to the wavelength of Carcosa.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2014 at 10:38
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

I'd like to recommend Sickness To Insanity: Electronic Horror Scores Realized by Vision Heat 1982​-​1988 by Vision Heat. 

"Vision Heat is a ficticious soundtrack and library music production company operating out of the Eastern Block between 1980-1988. "Sickness To Insanity" compiles some of the best synth based, B-Movie horror themes and incidental music it produced from the years 1982-1988. What makes Vision Heat so unique is the broad palate of sounds, styles and production between each track. From the catchy electro pop grooves of themes from "Hotel St. Croix" and "Campers" to the dark FM synthesis of "Ambush," "Hellen" and "Mother" all the way to the hard rockers from "Blood and Spirit"and "Witchkraft II." This album showcases Vision Heat's expansive and diverse back catalog. 

Some of the master tracks have been lost in the great fire of '91, leaving only the VHS transfers to remain; ultimately, giving those songs their timeless quality and feel. We hope you will enjoy this offering from Vision Heat." http://visionheat.bandcamp.com/album/sickness-to-insanity-electronic-horror-scores-realized-by-vision-heat-1982-1988

Thanks for posting this. Good music in the Frizzi-Goblin spirit of things.
Star-led Wisard View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 23:56
Bumping for Halloweek.

"Cygnus X-1" has some peppy and upbeat parts, but it's still pretty spooky. It serves as a reminder that the concept of the black hole is actually really creepy.

Spinning, whirling, still descending/Like a spiral sea unending!

Unlike most well-known scientific phenomena thought of as creepy, the black hole only gets creepier the more you read up on it. Not only is the concept itself unsettling, but also the scientific explanation behind the concept.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 04:27
Peter Hammill "The Fall of the House of Usher" in the 2nd version. especially the 6th act

also "Der Atommolch" by Guru Guru from the album "Hey Du!

especially if you understand the German lyrics.

translation of the lyrics:

"allow me, this is the German Atomic Newt speaking. I live in the neutron accelerator of the fast breeder at Kalkar. you brainless fools, turned down, dangerous is the cart you sit on. there will be more and more radioactivity. oh people, the things you are going to experience! first hundreds of thousands have to bite the dust before the financial fools will understand they have to change their minds, for else they will turn black at their own feet. but they build another nuclear plant in Frankfurt. and they build another three nuclear plants in Dortmund. and they build another five nuclear plants in Hamburg. and soon they will build a nuclear plant in your city. and they build, our smart ones - ha-ha-ha! fools, brainless fools, ha-ha-ha, ha-ha-ha, ha-ha-ha"

Edited by BaldJean - November 04 2015 at 06:50

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011