Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThis can't be just a coincidence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: This can't be just a coincidence
    Posted: August 27 2010 at 16:59
Ok, I was listening for first time to vanilla fudge's renaissance and around the fifht minute of the first song, The Sky Cried - When I Was a Boy , i heard a really familiar tune, the thing is that this tune is from a kindergarden song wich is really well known in my country the famous and glorious "La lechuza hace shhh"

so, i believe none of this songs got inspired in the other one, but there must be some kind of classical tune where they got that melody from.

here is the link to a web where u can listen to the tune of "la lechuza":

search for the play button, u can also search for the song on youtube and ull find people singing it.

I couldn't find vanilla fudge's song on youtube, but i hope u can get to listen to it and tell me what you think and if you know where did that tune came from do so!! pleaseee =)
TheOppenheimer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 17:32
que temazo el de la lechuza papa...

mmm back to topic, i think that tune roots from some early-century fanfare (or earlier), just like "twinkle twinkle little star", "happy birthday" (payaso plin plin), or "for he's a jolly good fellow".
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
A veces es cuestión de esperar, y tomarte en silencio.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 17:58
I learned this melody as "Frere Jacques" in elementary school in the states, but I don't know where it originally came from, or whether it was some folk or classical melody (or even a folk melody used by some composer).
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Epyros View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 18:02
jajaj que campeon

Well then the melody is not only played in my country, so vanilla fudge maybe got it from some other song with that same melody... interesting =P
Mike_Zed View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 20:25
Poland's also got their version of this tune (or rather - nursery rhyme) - "Panie Janie" (roughly translated as "Mister John"). So I think it's a rather commonly known thing. It's also an etude taught to elementary-level piano students, so maybe that's the main reason for its inclusion?
The Problems of the Future - Today!
 Post Reply Post Reply