I gotta have more cowbell.
Bigger on the inside.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2011 at 13:23
Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

Do you have a fever, that of which the only cure is more cowbell?
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 21:35
I need to get more Captain Beefheart. Also some more early RIO - specifically, I'm interested in Henry Cow and SMM.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 21:37
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

I need to get more Captain Beefheart. Also some more early RIO - specifically, I'm interested in Henry Cow and SMM.

Start with Leg End and prepared to be all Shocked
Proletariat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 21:39
American Black Metal... Krallice and Liturgy being the top of my (long long) list
who hiccuped endlessly trying to giggle but wound up with a sob
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 06:37
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

Start with Leg End and prepared to be all Shocked

Personally I'd say start with Unrest. There's some killer stuff on Leg End, but Unrest is where they really hit their stride.
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 07:43
I need the new Animals As Leaders, Mastodon, and Machine Head albums. Also, I need some more Univerz Zero and Art Zoyd, both of whom I just can't get enough of.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 08:04
La Seconda Genesi - Tuto deve finire
Pierot Lunnaire - Gudrun
Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning
Et Cetera - S/T
Et Cetera - Knirsch 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 09:49
Tell you something I gotta get....my head examined for how much I spend on records.  Probably $30-$50 a payday for the past 25 years.  But, honestly, I can't think of anything outside of travel that I'd rather spend my dosh on.

There's always a list of records in mental file but I really dig going to record shop and digging.....only after years of unsuccessful bin diving do I break down and buy a title on-line. 

One record on the list that I scored over the weekend:  Chicago in Japan, got it for $8 at a used shop along with Alan White's Ramshackled ($1!) and Eric Gale's Touch of Silk, a Japanese print that I couldn't pass up at $12. 
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:07
Nice scores!

Right now I feel I need to get more Chamber rock. The aforementioned Univers Zero are still on my list, but I really should finally get the other Rational Diet albums, given how good their latest was, and I'm also interested in checking out Finnegan's Wake. I'd love to check out Art Zoyd, but man, $30 a pop is hard to swallow when there's so much music out there...
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 14:35
Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

tok tok tok tok tok, tok tok tok tok tok 
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Masvidalian View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 14:46
Good, musical electronic music.  I have a huuuge synthesizer fetish but very little music that properly implements it.  I like the way Animals as Leaders throws in the electronci curve balls in their music and like the way it sounds in general, but I haven't found electronic music, specifically EDM, that really grabs me ear and that is actually about something that I understand.  The closest thing I have to it is Daft Punk's Tron soundtrack, which is pretty cool. 
As far as prog goes, I want to find some more jazz that I'm into.  Newest bands I've gotten into are Esperanza Spalding and Tribal Tech, but I really dig Metheny, Coltrane, Weather Report, and Holdsworth.  I'm also looking for something new to get into on the heavier front, I'm willing to cull from any genre as long as its powerful and musical. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 15:51
My biggest want for some years is an album I used to have on LP, Majoie Hajary - La Passion Selon Judas.

Another I've really wanted to get for quite a long time is Sounds of Salvation http://thesoundofsalvation.blogspot.com/2010/03/xian-psychedelic-folk.html

I need a new record player.

Also, I want to get a lot more Ennio Morricone.

Edited by Logan - October 09 2011 at 15:54
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 16:26
Originally posted by Masvidalian Masvidalian wrote:

Good, musical electronic music.  I have a huuuge synthesizer fetish but very little music that properly implements it.  I like the way Animals as Leaders throws in the electronci curve balls in their music and like the way it sounds in general, but I haven't found electronic music, specifically EDM, that really grabs me ear and that is actually about something that I understand.  The closest thing I have to it is Daft Punk's Tron soundtrack, which is pretty cool. 
As far as prog goes, I want to find some more jazz that I'm into.  Newest bands I've gotten into are Esperanza Spalding and Tribal Tech, but I really dig Metheny, Coltrane, Weather Report, and Holdsworth.  I'm also looking for something new to get into on the heavier front, I'm willing to cull from any genre as long as its powerful and musical. 
As far as something heavy, i would recommend The Thrill Of The Kill! by The Hunt, if you can find it
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2011 at 09:05
I need to get.......the original soundboard tape of King Crimson live at the Fillmore East in 1969 that Pete Sinfield misplaced after his plane landed in Morocco.

I need to get......a live concert recording of the Jeff Beck Group in the early 70's. An entire show and not just 2 tracks.

I need to get.....a recording of Wishbone Ash and Camel in 1972 during their magnificent tour of the Southern United States.

I need to get.....the original recording of Tangerine Dream's "Haunted Heights" which was originally released on a German import LP box set.

I need to get......A live concert of YES with Bruford,Anderson, Wakeman, Howe, and Squire during the Fragile tour. There is 1 track available on Yessongs and this was the prime line-up for me ..so I'd still liked to hear a concert of them.

I need to get....The Guitar Album originally released on Columbia records in the 70's and was available for purchase through the Columbia Record Club. Features live performances by John McLaughlin, George Barnes, and Bucky Pizzarelli.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12