Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRoger Water's The Wall Live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2012 at 10:15
   Last year (July 2011) I went to watch 'The Wall Live' in my hometown which is Athens, Greece.
The prices weren't sooo expensive I think. For the arena the general entrance was 60 euro if I remember well.
 The problem was that I'm not living in Greece anymore, so the whole cost was 60+ 160 euros for the airplane tickets. 240 euros in total. In probably insane, I know. Especially when I had watched Pink floyd live back in 1988, and Roger Waters performing 'Dark side of the Moon' + many other Pink Floyd songs a few years back.
   The thing that bothered me though was that was ONLY The Wall. No other songs! In 'The Dark Side of the Moon' concert was different. The band went on stage, played 1.5 hours a great collection of P.F songs (they played even 'Set the controls for the heart of the sun!), they had a 15 minutes break, and returned and played 'The Dark Side of the Moon'. Last year nothing. Only The Wall. Which means 1.5 hours with the 10 minute break.
Further than that, the show was super! Amazing sound (as usual), super visual effects, and in general a very expensive production! The 2 shows in Athens were filmed and they will be released in dvd. I have no idea when it will happen though! Cry

Raccoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2012 at 16:46
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

HI,

This is the review for the show in Portland, Oregon on 05/22/2012

I went to the Rose Quarter to see The Wall, and it's really like a Las Vegas act. Exciting, moving, a theatrical act!! And for Catcher, you don't want front row seats as you won't be able to see the whole wall anyways. It definitely was an interesting atmosphere in the Rose Quarter as puffs of smoke were contaminating the closed-in space of the stadium. You should've seen the room when Comfortably Numb came on!! <puff  >puff   ^puff  clouds of smoke.
      Check out my FREE album: A one-man project   The Distant Dynasty

https://distantdynasty.bandcamp.com/
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2012 at 19:12
I've read many things about Snowy White playing Gilmour's parts and so on... but as far as I know, the lead guitar player was Dave Kilminster, and indeed he did a fantastic job. I didn't really miss Gilmour (though of course I would love to have seen him live too)... as a matter of fact, I missed Gilmour's vocals more than his guitars (the other singer wasn't so good).
Theo_Green View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 04:12
Definitely the best rock show ever produced. I went to Gelredome, Arnhem to see the Wall. It was amazing, I didn't expect something like that. Few years ago I saw Roger Waters with his band performing Dark Side of The Moon, also in Gelredome but The Wall is more spectacular and very moving. I hope they will release a good DVD.

Edited by Theo_Green - January 23 2013 at 04:12
RedNightmareKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 22:08
This was my very first concert, attended the May 2012 performance in Denver. It was an extremely amazing experience for me, being a huge Pink Floyd fan and all. The rendition of "Bring The Boys Back Home" actually brought my mother (yeah, she came with me, not as big of a Floyd fan but still knows all the words to Comfortably Numb) to tears. I mean... it's spectacular for the money. I loved it so much. 
I consider drone metal to be progressive...
ShipOfFools View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 04:48
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^ That's a good question.

I just saw the tour is coming around again....coming to Seattle, it was in Tacoma late last year. I still cannot swallow the high ticket prices Mr Waters is asking for. I thought, Ok maybe he will come back to reality, but nope...Still over USD100.00 for a decent seat, and about USD150.00 for good seats.

I think I will pass again.....

This is why I didn't go.

"Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace" - Buddha
bonestorm View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 01:27
A mate of mine raved about the show.  He also said he paid AU$900 for a pair of premium tickets.  Yes, that's not a typo.  So for that type of coin I would hope he enjoyed it.
Hibernal http://hibernal.bandcamp.com
"This is a stunning work of art" - Muzik Reviews
"A precious gem" - Dante's Prog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12