Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy Dream Theater is the Best Prog band!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 10:22

Originally posted by barbs barbs wrote:

Done - good idea KoL

Joren
Do a search for 8live and you will get other sites to sign for other countries as well. Tony Blair has been one of the few leaders to actually support this concept so I think Britain will stand behind it. The US however is the country with byfar the greatest amount of wealth to give. If the world was only 100 people, 6 would own 61% of the world and they would all come from the US.

Thanks, now I understand

tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 14:04
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia
<P>All you're saying is true. I just think that all attempts to really change the situation will fail until the underlying problem is solved. If all the problems that you mentioned were solved, Africa would still be a poor continent, because there simply are way too many people living there, compared to their natural resources.</P>
<P>[/QUOTE MikeEnRegalia

All you're saying is true. I just think that all attempts to really change the situation will fail until the underlying problem is solved. If all the problems that you mentioned were solved, Africa would still be a poor continent, because there simply are way too many people living there, compared to their natural resources.

[/QUOTE wrote:

The underlying problem is poverty, mismanagement from their past governments, and some other things (Does 400 years of opression have nothing to do with the current situation).

One of them might be overpopulation, but to say, because Africa is overpopulated (which it isn't) we will not do what we ca

The underlying problem is poverty, mismanagement from their past governments, and some other things (Does 400 years of opression have nothing to do with the current situation).

One of them might be overpopulation, but to say, because Africa is overpopulated (which it isn't) we will not do what we can to stop poverty

Structural changes in Africa need to be made (education, health care, economic growth, utilisation of natural resources, which are abundant among other things).

But before these changes can be made, the African people need to be fed first, and taken out of the negative viscious circle they are in, which the current debt problem is one of the main reasons for.

Annie why I signed, and you don't have to agree with me, or anyone else, but poverty is not something that can be solved by standing on the side-line and saying it's theit own fault. For how can it be the fault of numerous five year olds, who are dying right this minute.
Of course if their parents never gave birth to that child, it wouldn't be starving

I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 14:05

Originally posted by barbs barbs wrote:

Done - good idea KoL

Joren
Do a search for 8live and you will get other sites to sign for other countries as well. Tony Blair has been one of the few leaders to actually support this concept so I think Britain will stand behind it. The US however is the country with byfar the greatest amount of wealth to give. If the world was only 100 people, 6 would own 61% of the world and they would all come from the US.

Perfectly stated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12