Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVangelis' "Blade Runner"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: What's Your Favorite:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [23.08%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
2 [15.38%]
1 [7.69%]
5 [38.46%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 20:51
It will not be easy to, er, replicate the atmo of the film for a sequel. Ridley will direct, but it absolutely needs Vangelis' music again or someone who can create a similarly evocative score without riding its coattails, as with Daft Punk's music for Tron Legacy. Of course, it needs a quality story and script. K.W. Jeter (PKD's protégé) wrote a direct sequel to the film, literally titled Blade Runner 2, in the '90s. I didn't read it, but I recall it was well-received. I don't think they intend to adapt it, though.
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 21:35
Why do they have to make all these dumb sequels. Anyway I went with Love Theme. It's a nice song to listen to when you're having a threesome with your dogs. Just kidding  Big smile having sex with your wife after you've had a big fight because you did something really dumb like Ralph Kramden would do.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 21:20
Oh, yeah! Song pick! I went with "One More Kiss, Dear" cuz it haunts me and has such a cool 1920's feel to it. (I think I would have really liked the 1920s.) I love all the other songs as well--especially the trumpet work on "Blade Runner's Blues," the synths etc. as Roy's death soliloquy plays, and the piano notes from "Rachel's Theme" Rachel and Deckard play before making love.
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 21:28
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Oh, yeah! Song pick! I went with "One More Kiss, Dear" cuz it haunts me and has such a cool 1920's feel to it. (I think I would have really liked the 1920s.) I love all the other songs as well--especially the trumpet work on "Blade Runner's Blues," the synths etc. as Roy's death soliloquy plays, and the piano notes from "Rachel's Theme" Rachel and Deckard play before making love.

I know an album just for you then: The Caretaker's An Empty Bliss Beyond This World. The entire album is streaming on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4

The Caretaker is actually Leyland Kirby - he named himself The Caretaker after the bartender ghost in The Shining (novel and film), in the ballroom where the dance never ends. The album has a very similar feel to "One More Kiss, Dear." My favorite track is the first one, "All You Are Going to Want to Do Is Get Back There."

Edited by jude111 - August 21 2013 at 21:39
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 00:18
Originally posted by jude111 jude111 wrote:

Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Whoa, ... two-disc version? I don't have that.
Now if you limited it to just the one-disc version, it would be easily (though originally it wasn't that easy) "Blade Runner Blues", the heaven a human mind doesn't deserve.

There's actually a 3-disc version LOL<span style="line-height: 1.2;">, but the 3rd disc is largely new music by Vangelis, and it's not really close to the Blade Runner sound. The 2nd disc is largely very mellow, most of it incidental music. What's missing (besides some great tracks) are some of the cool sound effects from the film, like that blimp with the Japanese woman, and that advert that goes something like, "</span>A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies, the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure..."

Yes. There certainly is.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 00:21
It was a tough one between Main Titles and Tears in The Rain but I went with Main Titles...
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234