Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKiss Me Deadly form NYC- Heavy or Crossover?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kiss Me Deadly form NYC- Heavy or Crossover?
    Posted: May 20 2013 at 09:22
I know of co composers. There's this Heavy Prog band call Kiss Me Deadly from NYC. 
Out of the 7 songs they released this year she was the vox melody composer and one track called the Wind was her composition. 

www.kissmedeadlynyc.info

There's also another band called Vsar- she sems to be the main composer. 
www.thevajratemple.com
Be well,

August Chill
AugustChill View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 09:37
So many different opinions are being posted. Some people even classify as Prog/ Goth- whatever that means.

Your thoughts?

http://www.kissmedeadlynyc.info
Be well,

August Chill
AugustChill View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 09:48
A heavy prog band just released their debut CD on May 18. 

Let see how this Billboard brainwashed nation reacts to new blood. 

Thanks for Prog Archives.

Write your reviews now.

Edited by AugustChill - May 20 2013 at 09:49
Be well,

August Chill
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 09:56
Are you a band member? I haven't listened to the samples, but if you mean to suggest this band for inclusion in the site you should post in a different forum section. It's called "Suggest New Bands And Artists". Just open a thread there.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 07:02
Welcome to ProgArchives, August. So just to check, you are comparing your sound to Vajra (in Crossover here)? Yeah, I can maybe see that working. I checked your facebook but it doesn't seem to be available but I've added the following link from your official site:

Edited by seventhsojourn - May 23 2013 at 07:02
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 08:27
"Born in 2012- this NYC based Art Rock Band offers dark, hypnotic works. Sometimes classified as Post Goth or even Alternative Prog Rock- this trio leaves it all out there. Reviving Concept Rock imagery from the 70's from such bands as Pink Floyd, Genesis and Yes- composer August Chill sets out to disengage the Seven Tales of Despair along with vocalist Roslyn Grey, Jeremy Nesse and Vic M.

Grey is one of the most captivating and hypnotic front persons out there today. Passionate and seductive, she embraces her role similar to post apocalyptic motion picture vixens, but uses a microphone- instead of a sword.

Chill seems right out of Venecian Masquerade Ball-similar to Robert Smith but with the Aztec locks..for now- he's a chameleon. His landscape approach to composing sets him apart as a audio painter rather than a guitar player. He utilizes a wide array of effects and loopers - leaving nothing to be missed on live performances- from killer delay/oscilation pedals to guitar synths. You'll hear a grand piano, oboes, trombones as well as a church organs come out of his Metal wall of sound.

Nesse . Ever the hunter-gatherer, he dominates the bottom end—via pluck, stomp and/or slap’. As a consummate musician, he embodies a stew of diverse genres that not only gets your heart anxsiously thumping but gets your feet stomping. While incorporating a variety of basses into his repertoire, he has also adopted the Chapman Stick, a 12-string tapping melodic bass. He has recorded and shared the stage with numerous bands such as LA-based Moving Picture Show, Humble Lion, punk rapper extraordinaire Hyro Da Hyro, and numerous other eclectic acts.

Finally, simply called Vic M​, this hard hitting drummer rounds out the theatrics rather well. Opening the way to hybrid players everywhere -incorporating traditional acoustic kits & e-Kits as well as obscure percussion. He will amaze you with his mastery of samplers & syths. Overall organic..he complements Chill's compositions with his vast knowledge of obscura soundscapes.

Many media offerings are in the pike. A full variety of art to be enjoyed. Their materials will be available only ​from the band direct website.You won't find anything on iTunes or related."

7 Song CD available now for MP3 download - $8, available through Paypal: http://www.kissmedeadlynyc.info/#!recordings-etc/c1yi7 (four tracks can be listened to here).

Certainly dark and gothic sounding music - it'll be Heavy Prog or Crossover if anywhere methinks.
Facebook links (but very little info there):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kiss-Me-Deadly-NYC/543043055713818

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 14:02
Received in the team thread, and added to chart: http://progfreak.com/Kiss-Me-Deadly-156508.html?path=pa/recent. Thanks Chris, we'll give it our due attention. Thumbs Up
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 18:37
Unfortunately this band was rejected. It was considered that there was too much of an alternative rock slant, and not enough prog content in their music. Sorry. Cry
LazInc View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 21:57
The Kiss Me Deadly project is a Rock Opera from band trickedEVE from NYC
 Post Reply Post Reply