Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMiasma & the Carousel of Headless Horses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miasma & the Carousel of Headless Horses
    Posted: July 31 2005 at 10:43
Salaam alaikum travellers,

The new Miasma & the Carousel of Headless Horses album entitled "PERILS" is out now on Web of Mimicry Records.

"Boasting members of Guapo, Alabama 3 and Amal Gamal Ensemble, Miasma & tcohh have joined the ranks of Web of Mimicry (home to Secret Chiefs 3, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, etc) to bring their own unique brand of apocalyptic chamber rock to the table.

Miasma & the Carousel of Headless Horses are, to say the very least, a striking sounding ensemble. On the Perils recordings, with their harmoniums, autoharps, violins, violas, pianos, organs and glockenspiels added to a top of the line rhythm section, the band very deliberately adheres to a Faustian melodrama of the angelic. Their dark, harrowing visions of some dense hellish musico-psychological dystopia shapeshift frequently before your eyes (ears), and become a very capable and Elizabethan sounding prog-baroque meteorite at the drop of a hat. Armed with these anachronistic tendencies the Miasmic vision never deviates, deriving its vocabulary exclusively from alchemically lined volumes in their arcane library of musical ideas.

It's instrumental music that would perhaps find a happy home in a Jan Svankmajer or Fritz Lang film, and will find a prominent place on the shelf of any connoisseur of occultist highbrow, right next to his/her John Dee volumes."

To listen to soundsamples and for biographical minutiae, visit:

http://www.myspace.com/headlesshorses
http://www.webofmimicry.com/label.php?band=miasma
"Ham, pigs, tongues, sides of beef seen in the butcher’s window, all that death, I find it very beautiful. And it’s all for sale—how unbelievably surrealistic!"

Francis Bacon
Spanky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 11:24
Are you from the Web of Mimicry boards?  Because if you are, you probably already know me.  Oh yeah, I really like that album too.  I hope they come to America at some point.
Coalinga knows how to party.
 Post Reply Post Reply