Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQUEEN-ed out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: QUEEN-ed out!
    Posted: August 01 2005 at 06:29

It seems that a so called Progressive Music site, now receives more QUEEN reviews than the combined total of the rest?  Not meaning to knock QUEEN here, they have a place in the history of music, but...  where does it leave Jan Akkerman, Pierre Moerlen's Gong (with Allan Holdsworth!), Hendrix, Wishbone Ash or even Deep Purple neither of which are represented here? Canned Heat (as Dick Heath suggested before along with "Don" Sugarcane Harris wouldn't be embarrassing either?)  Somebody please assist! I don't have sufficient Internet speed to post album covers and the info to the site.

Are we going off-track here, or just broadening or horizons? On that account I'd even go for ACCEPT, a German metal band of a mixture of AC/DC and Ritchie Blackmore (on a good day).It's soooo bad, that it's good. So, where do we stop?  

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 07:04
It's an ongoing process
Frasse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 07:06
Hopefully its about broadening our horizons, even if some of the latest additions are arguable.

...There are many bands (mostly obscure) out there deserving to be added in the archives...

The Queen reviews will hopefully fade and in a month there will be few new reviews of Queen albums.

Edited by Frasse
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 07:12
Don't worry - there'll be a lot of interest in them as they're a new and controversial addition. Give it a few weeks and everything'll be back to normal. Of course, if you're really that bothered then you could always review all those groups/albums you mention yourself?
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 07:33

Originally posted by Trouserpress Trouserpress wrote:

Don't worry - there'll be a lot of interest in them as they're a new and controversial addition. Give it a few weeks and everything'll be back to normal. Of course, if you're really that bothered then you could always review all those groups/albums you mention yourself?

Exactly. I think it would be a good thing to mark newly added albums as such in the review list, so that people understand why there are so many reviews about them in a short amount of time.

Tony Fisher View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 08:32
If Queen get in, then Wishbone Ash must for sure. Argus would be in the top 10 on the chart in a very short time, I suspect.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 08:34

Originally posted by Tony Fisher Tony Fisher wrote:

If Queen get in, then Wishbone Ash must for sure. Argus would be in the top 10 on the chart in a very short time, I suspect.

I agree, if Queen are in, the Ash should be as well. Argus is a prog classic IMO.

maani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 09:49

I am closing this thread because there are already numerous discussions going on re the addition of Queen and the reviews therefor, and discussions about who to add to the archives should be in the "Suggestions" category under "Bands and Albums."

Peace.

Post Reply Post Reply