Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAny prog fans also into 80's US hardcore punk?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2013 at 15:24
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I love Saccharine Trust by the way.  They're actually being evaluated for addition to PA, if you can believe that.  "Pagan Icons" is among my favorite albums.

I made my own hardcore album on a 4-track back in the early 90s (under the name "Blasphart"), and I pretty much modeled my singing style after Jack Brewer and Jello Biafra.

Saccharine Trust on PA!  Wow!  It may sound crazy but I don't think it's that far-fetched.  The SST bands on that tour (SWA, Saccharine Trust, Meat Puppets, Minutemen, Husker Du) were all doing music far advanced for the hardcore genre...all exploring new things...dare I say, "progressing" Wink

Jack Brewer had a great and distinctive vocal style, I especially liked the way he sang "We Became Snakes".  I really became a SWA fan after the show and still listen to "Your Future (If You Have One)" (though like many SST albums engineered by "Spot" the sound quality isn't the greatest).

I recorded some hardcore songs too and Jello was always my style inspiration...speaking of the man, here's some shots I took on the Frankenchrist tour...enjoy!

East Bay Ray

Klauus and Jello

DH and Jello

Jello (gotta love that Shriners Fez!)

Edited by The.Crimson.King - July 30 2013 at 16:46
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12