Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreetings from Nebraska and a Quick Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from Nebraska and a Quick Question
    Posted: January 31 2014 at 20:42
Hi, all! I hail from Omaha, Nebraska, not exactly a prog hotbed to be sure, but that does have some advantages. After all, I was able to complete my ELP collection by finding good condition vinyl (even of Welcome Back My Friends...) for a dollar each! I ventured into prog from generic classic rock and just found myself further and further down the rabbit hole until it consumed me and began devoting a huge percentage of my time to listening to more and more great music. I started out with the basics of classic rock radio (Floyd, Yes, Tull, Rush, pop Genesis, etc.) and just expanded from there and never looked back. I've tried to start personal music review blogs before but sometimes it's hard to go through a complete discography, especially when my opinion basically lines up with general critical consensus, so I plan to write reviews here, and maybe I will compile them back into a personal blog one day with fart jokes and gratuitous profanity reinserted.

Which brings me to my question. No profanity or foul language--fair enough, I need to get better at not reverting to toilet humor when I have nothing of substance to say. That won't be an issue. My question is, if there is foul language in the actual lyrics, is it OK to quote it in the review or not? Just wondering what protocol was for that sort of thing. Thanks!
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 22:27
Hey there hughes, welcome to the site!
I'm probably not the best one to give advice about the profanities, but if you must, I say drop one in if necessary.   
 Post Reply Post Reply