Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWelcome (To The Machine)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome (To The Machine)
    Posted: March 05 2014 at 11:14
Welcome, I'm new here. In fact i became prog fan nearly year ago after listening to Phideaux's Doomsday Afternoon which i still find very emotional to listen :)

My favourite genres are Prog Folk, Symphonic Prog and Eclectic Prog, but that's depending on my current mood, sometimes over all i love Tech/Extreme/Progressive Metal and sometimes RPI, Canterbury Scene and Zeuhl...

Some of favourite bands (which aren't so obvious like King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Genesis or Yes, these are things we all have in common i suppose :D ): Phideaux, Spirogyra, Bubu, Anglagard, Comus, Dead Can Dance, Echolyn, Fairport Convention, SBB, Riverside, Renaissance, Harmonium, Gentle Giant... Ok, now i see how this idea was stupid, i won't write down even these not-so-obvious bands. There's lots of them, i listen to music about 6-8 hours daily, just can't do anything wihout music.
Also i play guitars, piano and violin. And besides prog-rock i love classical music, from baroque to the XX'th century, my favourite composers are Rachmaninov, Lutosławski and Debussy :)

In fact i just love all kinds of art, but boring You with my favourite painters, writers and other artists (such as Jonathan Blow - game maker :D ) would be pointles ;)

So, that's all about my interests :) (Sorry for my english, i come from Poland and don't speak so well :/ )

PS
Why am i not allowed to add new topics in "Suggest New Bands And Artists"? :( I read in the FAQ that everyone should be...

Edited by Argor - March 05 2014 at 11:16
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 16:47
Welcome! With your background you'll fit right in ... and we'll have a lot to chat about! Approve

Once you post 40+ times (I believe that's the number) on the forum, you'll be granted the privelege to create polls and threads.

- Andrey.

PS: Who are you planning to suggest and do you have a bio and albums ready to be added to the artist's/band's page? (Don't answer in full; save it for your suggestion thread.)

Edited by Dayvenkirq - March 05 2014 at 16:53
Argor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2014 at 00:18
Thanks :) I wanted to suggest first albums of Polyphonic Spree for Crossover Prog. Unfortunately now their music changed into some kind of poor pop, but on Together We're Heavy they had some well constructed songs with wonderfull beatles'ish sound :) And their songs are rich instrumentally as the whole orchestra is already in the band ;)

Edited by Argor - March 06 2014 at 00:19
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2014 at 00:30
Alrighty then. I presume you've checked out the site's description of what Crossover Prog means. Hang on to that.

Keep posting.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - March 06 2014 at 00:37
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2014 at 12:57
^ Why are there responses in a single post on what seems to be the wrong thread?

Edited by Dayvenkirq - July 13 2014 at 12:57
lorenzo.sempio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2014 at 04:43
40+ posts?
it's a lot man!
Wink

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2014 at 05:05
^ Not a lot if you get into the habit of communicating with people here.
 Post Reply Post Reply