Print Page | Close Window

A to Z of Classic German Prog

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
Forum Description: Discuss specific prog bands and their members or a specific sub-genre
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=123882
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 09:53
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A to Z of Classic German Prog
Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Subject: A to Z of Classic German Prog
Date Posted: August 24 2020 at 18:05
The somewhat derogatory-sounding genre of Krautrock has always been a big favourite Between prog fans here at ProgArchives. Not surprisingly, German musicians tend to reject the term "Krautrock" as being a subjective British phenomenon, although the term is generally used in an affectionate way to describe the German music we love. Bearing in mind what Logan mentioned in his Message below - about no longer being allowed to embed full albums here - I've decided to give this interactive thread a total revamp and change it into a classic German prog blog instead. I'll post a link to each full album (if available) from the list of artists below, as well as featuring a favourite track from every album. I'll also be using the same A-Z format here as my Prog Britannia channels, in Between running my Out of Focus Dutch prog blog, and for fans of Tangerine Dream, I've also included Edgar Froese and Klaus Schulze in the first A-Z list (see below). Also, I just HAD to include Eloy in the list too, after seeing how highly regarded they are here at ProgArchives. This is your Passport to Krautrock Utopia, so feel free to Message me anytime without hesitation if you want to see any other classic German bands included here as I'm always friendly and Agitation FreeSmile

Krautrock A-Z - Part One

Agitation Free
Between
The Cosmic Jokers
Dom
Eloy
Edgar Froese
Guru Guru
Hoelderlin
Ibliss
Jane
Kraan
Lucifer's Friend
Out of Focus
Passport
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Rufus Zuphall
Klaus Schulze
Triumvirat
Utopia 
Virgin's Dream
Wallenstein
Xhol Caravan/Xhol
Yatha Sidhra
Zomby Woof

Here's a handy link to the PA Top 100 Krautrock Albums:- http://www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=17&top=100" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=17&top=100

Replies:
Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: August 24 2020 at 18:18
They're actually Swiss, but what the hey.

BRAINTICKET – Psychonaut (1971)

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Date Posted: August 24 2020 at 18:23
^ Good Choice! I was thinking Brainticket too. Smile

THE COSMIC JOKERS - The Cosmic Jokers (1974)

There are also four other great albums available by The Cosmic Jokers, all released in the same year of 1974. Smile

Date Posted: August 24 2020 at 23:47
DOM - Edge of Time (1970)

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 06:16
I changed the title of this interactive thread from "The A to Z of Krautrock" to the subtly different "An A to Z of Krautrock" because this thread isn't intended to be a definitive A to Z of Krautrock. It's just a bit of fun. Smile

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 07:50
Hi,

The letter A has a problem ... I would never consider/vote for Agitation Free over Amon Duul 2.

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 10:16
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

The letter A has a problem ... I would never consider/vote for Agitation Free over Amon Duul 2.
You can post an album for Amon Duul 2 when we come back 'round to the letter "A" again, if we ever get that far. Smile

Posted By: BaldFriede
Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 10:59
"E" for Embryo, of course.

Great drumming by Christian Burchard. I love the album cover, by the way.

-------------

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 11:21
^ I'm glad you came along Friede now we've reached the letter "E" because you're much more familiar with the music of Embryo than I am. I've never heard any of Embryo's albums before, but I'll definitely give "Rocksession" a listen now you've kindly posted it. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 12:06
At one Embryo concert Jean and I were at the band played extremely complicated rhythms, but everybody was dancing to them. You certainly won't find that often.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 12:32
I can't think of any Krautrock bands beginning with "F", so I'll probably need to take a look at the Krautrock Top 100 if no one else comes up with an album first. Smile

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 13:37
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I can't think of any Krautrock bands beginning with "F", so I'll probably need to take a look at the Krautrock Top 100 if no one else comes up with an album first. Smile

A Krautrock band with "F":

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 14:26
^ Ah, of course, Faust! It's so obvious now. Smile

I have a band called Gila lined up for the letter "G", although I just need to check that they're listed as Krautrock. Smile

It's going well so far. I wonder which letter we're going to get stuck on?

Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 16:52
I suggest Guru Guru; they have been around for 50 years and are still alive and kicking. Their leader and only constant member Mani Neumeier will turn 80 on the last day of this year.

-------------

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: August 25 2020 at 17:59
I wouldn’t exclude the letter X, Xhol Caravan is good and in Pa’s Krautrock category. I like Electrip.

Of course PA’s Krautrock category has an alphabetical list, though I think it might be more fun if people only post albums they already had heard/are in their collection. Though then that sounds like a Just For Fun type of topic.
http://www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=17" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=17

For me there is too much focus at PA on lists and list making rather than ideas.

Anyway, I’ll do H, but we are supposed to avoid linking to full albums, especially discouraged from embedding full albums, samples or a track or two is okay I think, unless that is the whole album. People can always search for the whole album on YouTube if they want to (we especially make exceptions when it comes to suggesting bands).

For H, Hanuman. Here is a track from the self-titled album:

By the way, there are plenty of “Proggers” who are not big on Krautrock. It is one of my very favourite categories.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Date Posted: August 26 2020 at 01:44
^ Hi Logan. Are you saying we can't post any more full Krautrock albums on this thread? Confused
By the way, I didn't realise Xhol Caravan were listed here under Krautrock. Smile

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: August 26 2020 at 03:33
It has been the expectation and request that people avoid posting full album videos (embeds) and significant material from albums (so not many tracks from an album) at the forums generally (not just this topic) without permission/allowance from the artists or labels. I would think that a hyperlink may be preferable (say to bandcamp, spotify or youtube) if wishing to exhibit more than a portion. This is partially out of respect for the artists, not just any risk of complaints, not all of which have approved of people sharing music this way. When it's come to formal evaluation for placement, full album embeds have been more common.

People who want to check out the music probably wouldn't mind clicking on, say, a youtube link anyway. I for one would rather just check out someone's favoured track from an album, and If I like that, then I will listen to more. I don't think that many people bother checking out the music in many of these topics anyway. I wish people did more because I like that kind of interactivity and to hear people's impressions of music. Of course with some albums they can only be found in full (and some albums have but one piece of music).

I guessed with Xhol Caravan that you didn't realise that.

By the way, I know that B was done, and I'm partially thinking of this because of your The Doors topic ("The End" by the Doors) but this is my favourite track off of one of my favourite albums in Krautrock:

Being the longest on the album, it is a big portion of the album.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Date Posted: August 26 2020 at 08:25
^ Thanks Logan. In that case, I'll let this thread fade gently into obscurity, and I think you're right about people not generally checking out the albums on these kind of threads anyway, especially considering I haven't even listened to the albums myself yet. Wink

Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 10:42
Bearing in mind what Logan mentioned in his Message above - about no longer being allowed to embed full albums here - I've decided to give this interactive thread a total revamp and change it into a classic German prog blog instead. I'll post a link to each full album (if available) from the list of artists below, as well as featuring a favourite track from every album. I'll also be using the same A-Z format here as my Prog Britannia channels, in Between running my Out of Focus Dutch prog blog, and for fans of Tangerine Dream, I've also included Edgar Froese and Klaus Schulze in the first A-Z list (see below). Also, I just HAD to include Eloy in the list too, after seeing how highly regarded they are here at ProgArchives. This is your Passport to Krautrock Utopia, so feel free to Message me anytime without hesitation if you want to see any other classic German bands included here as I'm always friendly and Agitation FreeSmile

Krautrock A-Z - Part One

Agitation Free
Between
The Cosmic Jokers
Deuter
Eloy
Edgar Froese
Guru Guru
Hoelderlin
Ibliss
Jane
Kraan
Lucifer's Friend
Out of Focus
Passport
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Rufus Zuphall
Klaus Schulze
Tangerine Dream
Utopia 
Virgin's Dream
Wallenstein
Xhol Caravan/Xhol
Yatha Sidhra
Zomby Woof

Posted By: tigerfeet
Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 13:03
Why don't you just edit your opening post where you say :

"The idea is that we run through the entire alphabet (excluding the letter "X") choosing one Krautrock artist (as defined by ProgArchives) for each letter of the alphabet and then post a TRACK FROM an album by that artist right here."

I was just getting into the thread and members suggestions were really interesting Wink

-------------
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.

Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 13:14
Originally posted by tigerfeet tigerfeet wrote:

Why don't you just edit your opening post where you say :

"The idea is that we run through the entire alphabet (excluding the letter "X") choosing one Krautrock artist (as defined by ProgArchives) for each letter of the alphabet and then post a TRACK FROM an album by that artist right here."

I was just getting into the thread and members suggestions were really interesting Wink
Good idea! I'll edit my opening post right now. Thumbs Up

Posted By: tigerfeet
Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 13:31
In any case, I had not seen this thread before so it perked me up. 

May i suggest for I - Ibliss - this track is quite lively. (This was the only Album they produced and the other tracks are a mix of prog/jazz fusion/kraut)

-------------
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.

Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 13:36
^ I like it. I've swapped Ikarus for Ibliss. Thumbs Up

Posted By: nick_h_nz
Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 13:58
I propose JeGong for J:

https://jegong.bandcamp.com/album/i" rel="nofollow - https://jegong.bandcamp.com/album/i

JEGONG is the amalgamation of two distinct forces within post-rock and heavy music, Dahm Majuri Cipolla, drummer of MONO (Japan) & Watter, and Reto Mäder of Sum Of R. Together the pair is readying their debut longplayer I for release on October 20th via Berlin-based Pelagic Records, helmed by members of beloved post-metallers The Ocean. Bursting with new ideas while tipping their hat to legends of yore, the duo’s energies focus on the crossroads between Krautrock, ambient and post-rock, bringing to mind acts ranging from Ash Ra Tempel, GAS, Cluster, Mogwai and more while blazing trails with their electronic-forward approach. 

JEGONG, named in tribute to a track by Cluster’s Dieter Moebius, was formed by shared musical influence and a friendship developed during a European tour when Sum Of R and Cipolla’s band Watter intersected during the former’s routing towards the highly respected European festival Roadburn. During their encounters, the pair bonded over the musical output of the early 70s, specifically the intersection of electronic music and boundary-pushing experimentalism found in Krautrock that gave rise to classic acts like Can, Faust, Tangerine Dream, Neu! and more. In this spirit, if not also musically, is where the soul of the JEGONG project lies– melodic, genre-pushing, fascinating and honoring the past while looking toward the future. 

The classic Krautrock movement may provide the bedrock for all that is JEGONG, but the project is far from a “worship” band. Instead of aping core elements of the movement, the duo used the style as a launch pad to move into uncharted realms– thereby conjuring the original, truly bold spirit of the style. The result is a record without inhibition– delving deep into psychedelia, ambient, repetition, post-rock and even elements of dystopian sci-fi soundtracks like Blade Runner and Metropolis during the LP’s 70+ minute runtime. "With JeGong we don't want to copy the Krautrock style,” reiterates Mäder. “We see our project more as a creative playground to celebrate the playful and experimental approach from earlier Krautrock using organic sounds and textures from analogue sounds to explore mood.” 

Created in the tail end of 2019, the LP was an exercise in social distancing with Reto Mäder recording all of the instrumentation at Hinterzimmer in Bern, Switzerland and Dahm Majuri Cipolla adding in the drums at BC Studio in NYC with Martin Bisi (Swans, Sonic Youth), where it was also partially mixed. With additional mixing and mastering taking place in Finland with Jaakko Viitalähde (Oranssi Pazuzu, Dark Buddha Rising), the wholly remote record presented a challenge in creating a collaborative effort while separated by half a world at every turn. “It was pretty interesting doing the tracks separated by many many miles between Switzerland and the U.S.,” recalls Cipolla. “For this particular collection of songs Reto would send me these ideas and I would come up with rhythmic patterns to fit. We wanted a combination of atmospheric sounds/progressions over rhythmic pulses and minimal, and sometimes repetitive, drumming.” And though the pair never shared a room, that also had it’s advantages as well. “You pay much more attention to sound as a common language,” explains Mäder. “Music takes on different forms according to the conditions in which it was recorded– whether that’s rooms, distance and time. We’re excited to also showcase another form of our songs– bringing them to the live stage." 

Consisting of 14 tracks, the debut effort from JeGong is emblematic of the adventurous spirit at the dawn of electronic music converging with the wide-eyed wonder toward experimentation found at the height of the psychedelic movement. Using processed guitars and heavily manipulated synths, Mäder creates vast atmospheric architecture in which Cipolla’s tasteful yet propulsive percussion adds a backbone and the unexpected twist. The combination pays homage to the greats of yesteryear while adding influence from artists ranging from Grouper to Sunn 0))) to Zombi. JEGONG not only tips its hat to the Krautrock era, but also reimagines the movement with new approaches and updated ideas. “To me, it’s about our mutual love for 70’s German music without being blatant about it,” comments Cipolla..”It’s a tribute but it’s done our way– honoring these heroes in the only way we can.”

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/nickhnz-tpa" rel="nofollow - Reviewer for The Progressive Aspect

Posted By: BaldJean
Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 16:27
Kraan for "K". suggested album "Andy Nogger"

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 17:08
Big "L" for Lard Free
They're From France
Not Germany

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Date Posted: March 22 2021 at 19:38
I suggest Liliental for "L"

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Date Posted: March 23 2021 at 11:04
Originally posted by tigerfeet tigerfeet wrote:

In any case, I had not seen this thread before so it perked me up. 

May i suggest for I - Ibliss - this track is quite lively. (This was the only Album they produced and the other tracks are a mix of prog/jazz fusion/kraut)

I just discovered today that Ikarus are on the Prog Line channel, so I'll still get to hear the album even though I've now replaced them with Ibliss on here. Smile

Date Posted: March 23 2021 at 11:11
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I suggest Liliental for "L"

Thanks for the recommendation, Jean. It's a pity they only made one album, as Liliental sounds like my kind of music and they're from the classic Krautrock era too, so I'll remember to include them in my second A-Z list. After all, I still have Lucifer's Friend still to look forward to in the first A-Z list. I've only ever heard their first album but that was donkeys' years ago. I remember it was a devil of a good album though. Smile

Posted By: Progmind
Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 02:51
For M i suggest Message, their sophomore album its a masterpiece!

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 03:31
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

For M i suggest Message, their sophomore album its a masterpiece!

Great recommendation! I've already included Message in the first A-Z list at the beginning of this thread. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 04:48
for "N" I suggest Necronomicon. good name for a band, by the way; I am a huge Lovecraft fan

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 04:55

for "N" I suggest Necronomicon. good name for a band, by the way; I am a huge Lovecraft fan
I like H.P. Lovecraft too, but according to Wikipedia, Necronomicon are a modern Thrash Metal band, so it doesn't sound like my kind of music. Tongue

Posted By: Spaciousmind
Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 05:06

I like H.P. Lovecraft too, but according to Wikipedia, Necronomicon are a modern Thrash Metal band, so it doesn't sound like my kind of music. Tongue

The Necromicon I have from 1972 Tips zum Selbstmord is not Thrash Metal.  That's a different Band referenced in Wikipedia.  The 1972 is a mix of Krautrock/Heavy Prog.

Sorry spellt wrongly by me its Necronomicon. Tips zum Selbstmord.

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 05:18
the band is in the archives under "Krautrock"; here a link to the entry:

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2130" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2130

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 05:40
^ Ah, thanks BaldJean & SpaciousMind for clearing up the Necronomi-confusion. Tongue

The 1970's Krautrock band IS my kind of music. I'll add them to my second A-Z list. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 08:17
Originally posted by Spaciousmind Spaciousmind wrote:

The Necromicon I have from 1972 Tips zum Selbstmord is not Thrash Metal.  That's a different Band referenced in Wikipedia.  The 1972 is a mix of Krautrock/Heavy Prog.

Sorry spellt wrongly by me its Necronomicon. Tips zum Selbstmord.

"Tips zum Selbstmord" means "Advice for Suicide". actually in the plural form in the original German, but in English "advice" does not have a plural. also mark that this album was made before the German orthography reform; after the reform took place "Tip" (for "hint, advice) is written "Tipp" (plural "Tipps") in German.

Friede and I actually don't follow the new orthography rules completely; it did in our opinion go too far. we are definitely not writing "Philosophie" like "Filosofie", as the orthography reform requires. we actually use the "ph" instead of an "f" for all German words with Greek origin. this even includes the word "Elefant", which stems from the Greek "ἐλέφᾱς" ("elephas") for "ivory", though the last time this word was spelled with a "ph" instead of an "f" was in the 19th century

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 08:45
^ I'll also be adding Amon Düül II (complete with umlauts) to my second A-Z list, following your earlier suggestion. Thumbs Up 

In the meantime, it's about time I made a serious start with adding album links to this revamped blog, so without further agitation, here's the first album from the first band. Smile

5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik

You Play for Us Today

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 09:03

"Tips zum Selbstmord" means "Advice for Suicide". actually in the plural form in the original German, but in English "advice" does not have a plural. also mark that this album was made before the German orthography reform; after the reform took place "Tip" (for "hint, advice) is written "Tipp" (plural "Tipps") in German.

Friede and I actually don't follow the new orthography rules completely; it did in our opinion go too far. we are definitely not writing "Philosophie" like "Filosofie", as the orthography reform requires. we actually use the "ph" instead of an "f" for all German words with Greek origin. this even includes the word "Elefant", which stems from the Greek "ἐλέφᾱς" ("elephas") for "ivory", though the last time this word was spelled with a "ph" instead of an "f" was in the 19th century

Hi Jean,

I am still fluent in German, unfortunately through lack of writing it much over recent years my written grammar has become worse and worse as the years pass.  So I am absolutely certain that you have me beat on the Grammar :)  I used to have that problem in reverse when I first moved to England using f's instead of PH's at school until I finally figured it all out.  You know sch's and sh's etc etc

Last time I was in Germany was 3 years ago visiting family and friends in Osnabrueck.

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 10:05

Hi Jean,

I am still fluent in German, unfortunately through lack of writing it much over recent years my written grammar has become worse and worse as the years pass.  So I am absolutely certain that you have me beat on the Grammar :)  I used to have that problem in reverse when I first moved to England using f's instead of PH's at school until I finally figured it all out.  You know sch's and sh's etc etc

Last time I was in Germany was 3 years ago visiting family and friends in Osnabrueck.

I am not a native speaker of German; I lived in the USA for the first 24 years of my life. but I have been living in Germany for almost 28 years now and had the best of teachers in my wife Friede who grew up bilingually

-------------

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 16:27

^ Ah, thanks BaldJean & SpaciousMind for clearing up the Necronomi-confusion. Tongue

Glad you were able to get a Necronomi-confirmation. LOL

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Date Posted: March 24 2021 at 16:46
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Glad you were able to get a Necronomi-confirmation. LOL
I'm just glad I don't have to say the name out loud, unlike this reporter who can't pronounce "Phenomenon" Smile

Date Posted: March 25 2021 at 02:37
 5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik
 5 stars 1973: Agitation Free - 2nd - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA

In the Silence of the Morning Sunrise

Date Posted: March 26 2021 at 00:57
 5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow -  1973: Agitation Free - 2nd - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA" rel="nofollow -  1974: Agitation Free - Fragments: Live - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA

Mickey's Laugh

Date Posted: March 26 2021 at 23:46
 5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1973: Agitation Free - 2nd -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1974: Agitation Free - Fragments: Live -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA
 4 stars 1976: Agitation Free - Last - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNd89fBIEm9ULD9XLlvulmwxetGtKIuDY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNd89fBIEm9ULD9XLlvulmwxetGtKIuDY

Laila, Part 2

Date Posted: March 28 2021 at 03:47
 5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1973: Agitation Free - 2nd -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1974: Agitation Free - Fragments: Live -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1976: Agitation Free - Last - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNd89fBIEm9ULD9XLlvulmwxetGtKIuDY" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1998: Agitation Free - At the Cliffs of River Rhine (Recorded Live in 1974) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_t_MEXiIHY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_t_MEXiIHY

First Communication

Date Posted: March 28 2021 at 09:20
 5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1973: Agitation Free - 2nd -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1974: Agitation Free - Fragments: Live -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1976: Agitation Free - Last - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNd89fBIEm9ULD9XLlvulmwxetGtKIuDY" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1998: Agitation Free - At the Cliffs of River Rhine (Recorded Live in 1974) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_t_MEXiIHY" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1999: Agitation Free - River of Return - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_llwNmNDfL9bztMFl6dhIVTMuyuFVfrhM4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_llwNmNDfL9bztMFl6dhIVTMuyuFVfrhM4

Susie Sells Seashells at the Seashore

Date Posted: March 29 2021 at 03:00
 5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1973: Agitation Free - 2nd -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1974: Agitation Free - Fragments: Live -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1976: Agitation Free - Last -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNd89fBIEm9ULD9XLlvulmwxetGtKIuDY" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1998: Agitation Free - At the Cliffs of River Rhine (Recorded Live in 1974) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_t_MEXiIHY" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1999: Agitation Free - River of Return -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_llwNmNDfL9bztMFl6dhIVTMuyuFVfrhM4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_llwNmNDfL9bztMFl6dhIVTMuyuFVfrhM4
 4 stars 1999: Agitation Free - The Other Sides of Agitation Free - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlevU2-yH0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlevU2-yH0

Atlantic Overcrossing

Date Posted: March 30 2021 at 09:24
 5 stars 1972: Agitation Free - Malesch -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mLZ0fS0X7zf4lVr2BOq4st6M9nKkXqjik" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1973: Agitation Free - 2nd -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fpXbxTydwdlp0ZHebK7v2TA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1974: Agitation Free - Fragments: Live -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HZG3ME9cA" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1976: Agitation Free - Last -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNd89fBIEm9ULD9XLlvulmwxetGtKIuDY" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 1998: Agitation Free - At the Cliffs of River Rhine (Recorded Live in 1974) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_t_MEXiIHY" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1999: Agitation Free - River of Return -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_llwNmNDfL9bztMFl6dhIVTMuyuFVfrhM4" rel="nofollow -  4 stars 1999: Agitation Free - The Other Sides of Agitation Free - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlevU2-yH0" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 2007: Agitation Free - Shibuya Nights: Live in Tokyo - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nmV8b19Ez9Eom6a4y8efkxy2BWpGpSKb4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nmV8b19Ez9Eom6a4y8efkxy2BWpGpSKb4

A Quiet Walk

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: March 30 2021 at 10:48
I have about a dozen from your list... fan of early Agitation Free, have the first 3 studio on cd....never picked up Fragments.
I like Utopia...an Amon Duul off shoot , ... and Lucifers Friend, the first 3 or 4 being good ,but the second my favorite...Banquet the 4th by them might be their proggiest though the sound changed with horns and sax added. (Strangely about 2 months ago at a small antique shop near me I found 2  mint copies of the first Lucifers Friend LP...one gatefold and one not..both on the small US Billingsgate label. The lady practially gave them to me...$3 each....Smile)

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: March 30 2021 at 11:17
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I have about a dozen from your list... fan of early Agitation Free, have the first 3 studio on cd....never picked up Fragments.

Agitation Free have always been one of my favourite Krautrock bands, especially Live. There's also a 3-CD box set available, which I'd buy without agitation. Smile

Date Posted: March 31 2021 at 12:48
That's the last of Agitation Free's albums added, apart from their 1st album, which is actually their last album, and their Last album, which is actually their fourth album, if that makes any sense at all. Wacko

Anyway, while we're in Between artists, here's an update on how the interactive A-Z is coming along. I've taken the liberty of adding Can myself because - in the words of Suzi Quatro - I couldn't possibly Can the Can from any self-respecting Krautrock list. Smile

A = Amon Duul II (added by Moshkito)
B = Brainticket (added by Verslibre)
C = Can
D = Dom
E = Embryo (added by BaldFriede)
F = Faust (added by Bald Friede)
G = Guru Guru (added by BaldFriede)
H = Hanuman (added by Logan)
I = Ibliss (added by Tigerfeet)
J
K = Kraan (added by BaldJean)
L = Liliental (added by BaldJean)
M = Message (added by ProgMind)
N = Necronomicon (added by BaldJean)
O = Orange Peel (added by BaldJean)
P = Popol Vuh (added by Moshkito)
Q
R
S = Sperrmüll (added by Spacious Mind)
T = Tangerine Dream (added for Verslibre) Wink
U = Utopia (added by DrWu 23)
V = Vinegar (added by Spacious Mind)
W
X
Y
Z

Date Posted: April 09 2021 at 07:47
4 stars 1971: Between - Einstieg - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCJyb0OYBM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCJyb0OYBM

Between: an international Krautrock band based in Munich with an intriguing blend of ethno-fusion that falls somewhere in Between ancient "serious music" and modern "popular music".

Katakomben (which means "Catacombs", at an educated guess without the aid of Google Translate) Smile

Date Posted: April 09 2021 at 08:05
Orange Peel for O

-------------

Date Posted: April 09 2021 at 08:43

Orange Peel for O
Thanks. I've added them to the list above. Orange Peel are a band I haven't heard of before, which is probably not surprising, seeing as they only made one album, but I look forward to hearing it with zest.  Smile

Date Posted: May 25 2021 at 13:32
4 stars 1971: Between - Einstieg - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCJyb0OYBM" rel="nofollow -  1973: Between - And the Waters Opened - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nb0uFG8AzGAwh_nKt0ykiNyeDRImN1dCg" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nb0uFG8AzGAwh_nKt0ykiNyeDRImN1dCg

A Turkish Delight that's full of eastern promise! Smile

Uroboros

Date Posted: June 03 2021 at 11:00
4 stars 1971: Between - Einstieg - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCJyb0OYBM" rel="nofollow -  1973: Between - And the Waters Opened - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nb0uFG8AzGAwh_nKt0ykiNyeDRImN1dCg" rel="nofollow -  1974: Between - Dharana - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoiO46LCtI" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoiO46LCtI

Another exotic album of middle-eastern magic, ideal for listening to whilst puffing away on a hookah pipe, although I didn't inhale. Tongue

Joy...Sadness...Joy

Date Posted: June 03 2021 at 11:42

Kraan for "K". suggested album "Andy Nogger"

Hi,

I like the double live album ... far out stuff and trippy as heck!

To add to the supplemental list: (and I have almost a complete Popol Vuh and Jane. Early Scorpions, some Wallenstein and no Xhol Caravan)

Jane
Popol Vuh
Scorpions
Wallenstein
Xhol Caravan

NOTE:
While Agitation Free has grown into a "proper" band, I don't consider them as more valuable than AD2. AF was a project that started out being PAID by various means to do something which included Eastern influences. By comparison, AD2 came out of the instrumental musical circles on their original commune, to put together some music they considered better and more important than the mindlessness of the drum circle by stoned folks and nothing else. That could have been channeled into a much better idea of music, but it wasn't ... and the intention was NOT to create "music" ... mostly it was to have fun while doing it. AD2 immediately tore that idea apart with "Phallus Dei" since these circles were an excuse to get stoned and many women getting plundered. This would make PD and then Yeti and then Dance of the Lemmings (their comment on the early commune?) ... a lot more important as a creative endeavor than what AF ended up doing, which was good ... don't get me wrong and I have all the early stuff ... but was mostly a medley using Eastern motifs and ideas that would "exemplify" what the Eastern feeling was with modern Western instrumentation.

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: June 04 2021 at 13:30
4 stars 1971: Between - Einstieg - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCJyb0OYBM" rel="nofollow -  1973: Between - And the Waters Opened - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nb0uFG8AzGAwh_nKt0ykiNyeDRImN1dCg" rel="nofollow -  1974: Between - Dharana - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoiO46LCtI" rel="nofollow -  1975: Between - Hesse Between Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiokW-Ob9E" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiokW-Ob9E

Mein Gott! Was ist das!?? This contemplative album of meditational music could have been so much better without the intrusive narration from the German guru, but at least the album above is the English version, so that's some small consolation. Ouch

Suicide

Date Posted: June 04 2021 at 19:31
Trying to fill some of your gaps:

Sperrmüll
Silberbart
Vinegar
Virus
Vita Nova

Y is tough.
Z is also tough but maybe this Space Rock Fits?  - Zone Six

Date Posted: June 05 2021 at 09:31
Hi,

So much for suggestions for the other letters ... I guess that PP is joining the club that Mosh can not say, or suggest anything.

Disappointing when you see that words mean nothing anymore! Smile

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: June 05 2021 at 09:35

Hi,

So much for suggestions for the other letters ... I guess that PP is joining the club that Mosh can not say, or suggest anything.

I think he just has not gotten round to it lol.... there are people who read you, you know :)

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 08:09

Hi,

I think he just has not gotten round to it lol.... there are people who read you, you know :)

Hi,

I know ... thx ... and it was written in jest, not with any meaning in mind.

The only thing that bothers me, is that I have heard almost all of those bands, and have some of the records for about 3/4'rs of them. I would wish to see more members be "aware" and "know" the bands, because it makes "krautrock" a much more impressive list all around. 

It is a "movement" that had its inception in many arts, and it developed like no other in music, not just rock, but it's not like film, theater and literature did not stand up either ... they both had a shine that defies any artistic scene in Europe in the 20th century!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 09:14

Hi,

No, I've never have been a member of the "anti-Mosh club". Your original reply was addressed to BaldJean/BaldFriede, so I didn't realise you were waiting for a reply from me too. Smile

There are some great suggestions in your list:- Jane; Wallenstein & Xhol Caravan are already included in the first A-Z Krautrock list at the top of Page 1, but I'll definitely add Popol Vuh (with your name attached)  to the second A-Z list on the previous page. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 09:17

Hi,

I know ... thx ... and it was written in jest, not with any meaning in mind.

The only thing that bothers me, is that I have heard almost all of those bands, and have some of the records for about 3/4'rs of them. I would wish to see more members be "aware" and "know" the bands, because it makes "krautrock" a much more impressive list all around. 

It is a "movement" that had its inception in many arts, and it developed like no other in music, not just rock, but it's not like film, theater and literature did not stand up either ... they both had a shine that defies any artistic scene in Europe in the 20th century!

I know, I was also jesting.  I completely agree.  There was a lot of good German Krautrock music which nowadays is almost completely forgotten other than the usual mentions.

I have a fair amount that I snatched up over the years, and whenever I find it I still grab it.

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 09:27

Sperrmüll
Silberbart
Vinegar
Virus
Vita Nova

Y is tough.
Thanks for the great suggestions. I've checked out Sperrmüll  & Vinegar (which sounds like a tasty flavour of crisps/potato chips) and added them both to the second A-Z Krautrock list with your name credited for the additions. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 09:30

Sperrmüll
Silberbart
Vinegar
Virus
Vita Nova

Y is tough.
Thanks for the great suggestions. I've checked out Sperrmüll  & Vinegar (which sounds like a tasty flavour of crisps/potato chips) and added them both to the second A-Z Krautrock list with your name credited for the additions. Thumbs Up

Thanks Paul, no need for the credit :) I post them in the hope that people will search and check them out.

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 09:38

Sperrmüll
Silberbart
Vinegar
Virus
Vita Nova

Y is tough.

Thanks Paul, no need for the credit :) I post them in the hope that people will search and check them out.
Everyone gets credited for any helpful artist additions to the Krautrock list, unless I've added them myself. Smile

I'm still listening to "B" for Between on the first list at the moment, but hopefully, I'll get around to listening to all of the Krautrock albums on the second A-Z list too, eventually. It may take me a while to listen to and feature all of Tangerine Dream's  albums though. Wink

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 09:44
Krautrock A-Z - Part One

Agitation Free
Between
The Cosmic Jokers
Dom
Eloy
Edgar Froese (added for Verselibre)
Guru Guru (suggested by BaldFriede)
Hoelderlin
Ibliss (added by TigerFeet)
Jane (suggested by Moshkito)
Kraan (suggested by BaldJean)
Lucifer's Friend (suggested by DdWu23)
Message (added by ProgMind)
Novalis
Out of Focus (suggested by BaldJean or Bald Friede, probably, although I can't remember when) Embarrassed
Passport
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Rufus Zuphall
Klaus Schulze
Triumvirat
Utopia (added by DrWu23)
Virgin's Dream
Wallenstein (suggested by Moshkito)
Xhol Caravan/Xhol (suggested by Moshkito)
Yatha Sidhra
Zomby Woof

Krautrock A-Z - Part Two
(update)

C = Can (not suggested by anyone, but an an absolute must for inclusion)
D = Dom
G = German Oak (added by Hiram)
I = Ihre Kinder (added by Spacious Mind)
J
K = Krokodil
M = Mythos (added by Spacious Mind)
Q
R
T = Tomorrow's Gift (added by Spacious Mind)
U = 
W = Walter Wegmüller (added by Gordy)
X
Y
Z

Posted By: Hiram
Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 11:01
How about German Oak for G? Creepy stuff in several ways. 

SUPER KUDOS for Paul and everyone else involved in making this list! Krautrock is such a brilliant genre that includes some of the very best and the very worst music ever. 

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 11:30
Try Ihre Kinder for I and Mythos for M.

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 13:23
Originally posted by Hiram Hiram wrote:

How about German Oak for G? Creepy stuff in several ways. 

SUPER KUDOS for Paul and everyone else involved in making this list! Krautrock is such a brilliant genre that includes some of the very best and the very worst music ever. 
Thanks! German Oak is a great addition for the "G"-slot, which has just become available when I realised I'd  included Guru Guru in both A-Z lists. Embarrassed 

Luckily, I've only heard the best of Krautrock so far, although there's still plenty of time left to hear the worst of Krautrock too. Smile

Date Posted: June 06 2021 at 13:26

Try Ihre Kinder for I and Mythos for M.

Another couple of excellent suggestions. Ihre Kinder is a band I haven't come across before, but I kinder like them. Smile

Posted By: Gordy
Date Posted: June 07 2021 at 01:06
Zweistein for "Z"

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: June 07 2021 at 01:16

Krautrock A-Z - Part Two (update)

Thank you, Moshkito!!  I was wondering where they were!  Clap

-------------
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!

Date Posted: June 07 2021 at 12:48
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Krautrock A-Z - Part Two (update)

Thank you, Moshkito!!  I was wondering where they were!  Clap

Hi,

Archie was threatening to come over and tinker with my invisible television!

Wink

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Gordy
Date Posted: June 07 2021 at 19:36
Walter Wegmüller for "W"

https://open.spotify.com/album/18D8AQSOf9CDkGwsCc3aj9" rel="nofollow - https://open.spotify.com/album/18D8AQSOf9CDkGwsCc3aj9

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 04:05
Tomorrow's Gift

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 04:19
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Walter Wegmüller for "W"

https://open.spotify.com/album/18D8AQSOf9CDkGwsCc3aj9" rel="nofollow - https://open.spotify.com/album/18D8AQSOf9CDkGwsCc3aj9
I like the sound of Walter Wegmüller's Tarot album, but Zweistein sound too weird and far out even for my psychedelic tastes. Smile

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 04:22

Tomorrow's Gift

A great suggestion! Thanks for today's gift to the second A-Z list. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 04:49

Tomorrow's Gift

Lol, can't help it Paul, but you make me smile at 5.00 am in the morning while drinking my coffee and thinking about getting ready to work!

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 07:33

Tomorrow's Gift

Lol, can't help it Paul, but you make me smile at 5.00 am in the morning while drinking my coffee and thinking about getting ready to work!
My pleasure. The letter "J" is still up for grabs if you have any suggestions. Wink

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 07:46

Tomorrow's Gift

My pleasure. The letter "J" is still up for grabs if you have any suggestions. Wink

Hi,

Jane ... ??? or is this another version of the list?

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 07:51
^ Jane are included in the first A-Z list, but the J-slot is still open for suggestions on the second A-Z list. Smile

Krautrock A-Z - Part One

Agitation Free
Between
The Cosmic Jokers
Dom
Eloy
Edgar Froese (added for Verselibre)
Guru Guru (suggested by BaldFriede)
Hoelderlin
Ibliss (added by TigerFeet)
Jane (suggested by Moshkito)
Kraan (suggested by BaldJean)
Lucifer's Friend (suggested by DrWu23)
Message (added by ProgMind)
Novalis
Out of Focus (suggested by BaldJean or Bald Friede, probably, although I can't remember when) Embarrassed
Passport
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Rufus Zuphall
Klaus Schulze
Triumvirat (added by me as a late replacement for Tangerine Dream)
Utopia (added by DrWu23)
Virgin's Dream
Wallenstein (suggested by Moshkito)
Xhol Caravan/Xhol (suggested by Moshkito)
Yatha Sidhra
Zomby Woof

Krautrock A-Z - Part Two (update)

C = Can (not suggested by anyone, but an absolute must for inclusion)
D = Dschinn
G = German Oak (added by Hiram)
I = Ihre Kinder (added by Spacious Mind)
J = Janus (added by Spacious Mind)
K = Krokodil (added by Spacious Mind)
M = Mythos (added by Spacious Mind)
R = Royal Servants (added by Spacious Mind)
T = Tomorrow's Gift (added by Spacious Mind)
U = 
W = Walter Wegmüller (added by Gordy)
Y
Z = Zarathustra (added by Spacious Mind)

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 08:02

^ Jane are included in the first A-Z list, but the J-slot is still open for suggestions on the second A-Z list. Smile

Hi, 

Thx ... sorry did not see that correctly!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: June 08 2021 at 11:32
4 stars 1971: Between - Einstieg -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCJyb0OYBM" rel="nofollow -  1973: Between - And the Waters Opened -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nb0uFG8AzGAwh_nKt0ykiNyeDRImN1dCg" rel="nofollow -  1974: Between - Dharana -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoiO46LCtI" rel="nofollow -  1975: Between - Hesse Between Music -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiokW-Ob9E" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiokW-Ob9E
4 stars 1977: Between - Contemplation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWpRouHV4s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWpRouHV4s

Contemplation

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 06:15
While I'm in Between albums, I just wanted to say thanks again to Spacious Mind for recommending Krokodil. I thought the recommendation was posted somewhere on this thread, but it was actually posted on the "10 Favourite Prog Albums of 1969" thread. Embarrassed

By the way, did you know that Krokodil is also the name of one of the most dangerous drugs in the world, giving the unfortunate user the appearance of a flesh-eating zombie. Dead

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 06:36

Tomorrow's Gift

Janus

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 06:46
Also for U - Udo Lindenberg

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 10:16

Tomorrow's Gift

Janus
Thanks. I've added the British band Janus and also your earlier suggestion of the Space Rock band Zone Six to the list. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 12:25
4 stars 1971: Between - Einstieg -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCJyb0OYBM" rel="nofollow -  1973: Between - And the Waters Opened -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nb0uFG8AzGAwh_nKt0ykiNyeDRImN1dCg" rel="nofollow -  1974: Between - Dharana -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoiO46LCtI" rel="nofollow -  1975: Between - Hesse Between Music -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiokW-Ob9E" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiokW-Ob9E
4 stars 1977: Between - Contemplation -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWpRouHV4s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWpRouHV4s
3 stars 1980: Between - Silence Beyond Time -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJiqpFCD6vo" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJiqpFCD6vo

This is the sixth and final album from Between, after which it's silence beyond time, at least until the next Krautrock artist comes along tomorrow. Smile

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 12:38

Tomorrow's Gift

Janus
Thanks. I've added the British band Janus and your earlier suggestion of the Space Rock band Zone Six to the list. Thumbs Up

Lol... I have them as German/British ... in that order since they got established Germany.  Zone Six is not a great choice really since they are much later..but can't think of much else for Z at the moment.

Posted By: Progishness
Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 12:59

Janus

Did they have a member called Hugh?

-------------
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 13:09

Tomorrow's Gift

Janus
Thanks. I've added the British band Janus and your earlier suggestion of the Space Rock band Zone Six to the list. Thumbs Up

Lol... I have them as German/British ... in that order since they got established Germany.  Zone Six is not a great choice really since they are much later..but can't think of much else for Z at the moment.
How about the German band Zyma, mentioned in the title of my Prog Line blog? Wink

Then again, there's also the German bands Zarathustra, Zebulon or Zweistein, all from the classic Krautrock era. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 13:45
Originally posted by Progishness Progishness wrote:

Janus

Did they have a member called Hugh?

They are list here under Crossover... fair enough but really 1972 is Krautrock time :)

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3410" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3410

No Hugh listed on Gravedigger which I would nominate - 1972

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 16:00

Then again, there's also the German bands Zarathustra, Zebulon or Zweistein, all from the classic Krautrock era. Thumbs Up

I just listened and went off and bought Zarathustra - Zarathustra 1972  remastered CD.  They sound a lot like Uriah Heep!!  Thanks for showing them!!  Better choice than Zone Six IMO.

Date Posted: June 09 2021 at 22:31

I just listened and went off and bought Zarathustra - Zarathustra 1972  remastered CD.  They sound a lot like Uriah Heep!!  Thanks for showing them!!  Better choice than Zone Six IMO.
I'm glad you like them. I've replaced Zone Six in the list with Zarathustra. Every time I see that band name, it reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Smile

Date Posted: June 10 2021 at 09:07
The most astonishing fact about the next Krautrock band, The Cosmic Jokers, is discovering their five spacey albums were all released in the same year of 1974. Apparently, the albums were all recorded together in one incredibly long jam session, lasting from February thru' till May 1973. The temporary band band line-up featured such notable musicians as Klaus Schulze and Manuel Gottsching of Ash Ra Tempel fame. Legend has it that the musicians were offered drugs in exchange for recording tracks for the five albums, which is very much reflected in the spacey, psychedelic freak out music contained within.  Enjoy! Thumbs Up

4 stars  1974: The Cosmic Jokers - The Cosmic Jokers -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJhoAXLmjM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJhoAXLmjM

Cosmic Joy

Date Posted: June 11 2021 at 03:43
4 stars  1974: The Cosmic Jokers - The Cosmic Jokers -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJhoAXLmjM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJhoAXLmjM
4 stars  1974: The Cosmic Jokers - Galactic Supermarket -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVo_cS_XdL8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVo_cS_XdL8

Kinder des Alls 1 (Children of Space)

Date Posted: June 12 2021 at 12:54
 4 stars  1974: The Cosmic Jokers - The Cosmic Jokers -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJhoAXLmjM" rel="nofollow -  4 stars  1974: The Cosmic Jokers - Galactic Supermarket -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVo_cS_XdL8" rel="nofollow -   1974: The Cosmic Jokers - Planeten Sit-In - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUh_kC28e0g" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUh_kC28e0g

Planeten Sit-In (Part 1)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk