What the H3ll was that all about??

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements
Forum Name: Report bugs here
Forum Description: Help us improve the site from a tech standpoint
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=131632
Printed Date: May 09 2024 at 15:36
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What the H3ll was that all about??
Posted By: JD
Subject: What the H3ll was that all about??
Date Posted: September 12 2023 at 16:47
Most of the day without access, and now, 6:47pm EST, live again.
Whew !!

-------------
Thank you for supporting independently produced music

Replies:
Posted By: Gordy
Date Posted: September 12 2023 at 17:21
Still can't access the Administrators' portion of the website:

"Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 error '80004005'

Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53].

/admin/includes/inc_connectDB.asp, line 6"

Posted By: Necrotica
Date Posted: September 12 2023 at 17:28
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Still can't access the Administrators' portion of the website:

"Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 error '80004005'

Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53].

/admin/includes/inc_connectDB.asp, line 6"

Same, I'm getting an error as well Ouch

-------------
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: September 12 2023 at 17:33
Had a quick email exchange with Max this morning regarding all 3 of his sites being down, the problem was with the 'hoster'.

Posted By: Frets N Worries
Date Posted: September 12 2023 at 17:36
Ha, I thought I got banned, just checked Facebook to see what people were saying, very glad to see we're all back.

-------------
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: September 12 2023 at 17:44
 ^ You thought you got banned---  with my obnoxious & belligerent behavior I'm stunned to still be here.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Date Posted: September 12 2023 at 22:32
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Had a quick email exchange with Max this morning regarding all 3 of his sites being down, the problem was with the 'hoster'.

That's good to know, but the admins are still essentially locked out of our duties hours later. There's an artist I'm trying to add to the database, for example, but I'm seeing the same error message.

Posted By: Octopus II
Date Posted: September 13 2023 at 01:48
I really missed the forum yesterday! Unhappy

Posted By: MikeEnRegalia
Date Posted: September 13 2023 at 01:50
Sadly nobody took me up on my offer Wink  https://awesomeprog.com/forum/topics/26" rel="nofollow - https://awesomeprog.com/forum/topics/26

-------------
https://awesomeprog.com/users/Mike" rel="nofollow">Recently listened to:

Posted By: yarstruly
Date Posted: September 13 2023 at 06:25
Glad it's back up and running today!

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: September 23 2023 at 06:38
PA was down again yesterday, I couldn't get in for several hours then gave up.

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while connecting to the database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_db_connection
File Name:- database_connection.asp
Forum Version:- 11.01

Error details:-
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Server Error in Forum Application
An error initialising Global Variables from database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_getForumConfigurationData()_read_global_variables
File Name:- global_variables_inc.asp
Forum Version:- 11.01
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78'

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

/forum/includes/global_variables_inc.asp, line 355

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: September 23 2023 at 07:00
Signs of a failing website that refuses to take care of biz

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: September 23 2023 at 07:39
I would heartily recommend that all serious music reviewers ensure that they have a backup copy of the reviews and material they have painstakingly plonked on here over the years.

As an aside, I would happily have him going back to adverts on the site if it meant it continued as a resource for music lovers.  A website such as mine is a little bit different as regards ad-free because it is patently a labour of love, something I choose to do and protect. PA website I don’t think is viable without an income stream, and I wonder whether the voluntary payments stack up to much.

Just a thought.

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Date Posted: September 23 2023 at 08:43
^ i've been saving my reviews since the beginning and backing them up on Rate Your Music.

The reason this site isn't economically profitable is because of the pisspoor maintenance and neglect of the site. Prog has never been more popular and if this site was attended to by a few paid staff members it could be hugely profitable. My guess is the webmaster is not a good business strategist in this department. Whatever the case i do hope the site exists at least at this minimal level because it is a great resource even if not perfect. It just seems the inevitable collapse is beckoning.

-------------

Date Posted: September 23 2023 at 09:35
^ Your profile doesn’t say how old you are, but I can assure you that progressive or art rock was infinitely more popular 50 years ago, and even when bands such as Marillion and Pendragon started.

There is more progressive music about now, but much of it is commercially unviable. For no better examples, see the interviews on my website.

I can’t think of one prog rock website which would make a decent amount of profit.

-------------

Date Posted: September 23 2023 at 10:01
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

^ Your profile doesn’t say how old you are, but I can assure you that progressive or art rock was infinitely more popular 50 years ago, and even when bands such as Marillion and Pendragon started.

Let's dissect that notion for a moment. Perhaps prog and art rock were perceived as more popular at its peak due to the fact that its popularity was concentrated into a few years from the late 60s to the late 70s but in terms of sheer numbers that attracts a GLOBAL audience that can transverse the annals of both geography and history through the miracles of the internet, i would propose that prog is more popular now in those terms. Gentle Giant for example hit the top 40 in the UK a couple years ago with its album OCTOPUS and prog bands that were utterly ignored during the heyday are seeing reissues selling healthy numbers of albums.

There is more progressive music about now, but much of it is commercially unviable. For no better examples, see the interviews on my website.

If you're thinking terms of superstars that dominate the entire scene then you are correct but as a collective, prog rock and art rock are bigger than ever especially when you find prog seeping into everything from post-punk to hip hop sampling. The nature of the entire decentralized music business has shifted the dynamics which allows the many to release their music and thus denying the ascent of manufactured superstars such as Yes, ELP or King Crimson. Obviously there are positives and negatives to these developments. So in effect if a million bands sell a thousand albums each, that's still more albums than the bigwigs sold during its heyday.

I can’t think of one prog rock website which would make a decent amount of profit.

That's because all these sites lack vision and creative fortitude. That however does not preclude the possibilities of making it so. To focus exclusively on a database without other endeavors limits the scope of the user's attention. This site for one could expand its techniques exponentially and profit handsomely if handled properly and with the right amount of zeal.

-------------

Date Posted: October 11 2023 at 11:45
PA has been down again - just managed to get in after about an hour of getting errors from Cloudflare.

Date Posted: October 11 2023 at 12:32
I notified Max when all 3 of his sites went down. He had everything back up in about an hour.

Posted By: Snikle
Date Posted: November 11 2023 at 08:56
I'm able to load the main page and the forum pages, but clicking on any other links to read reviews or look at subgenres causes an unending loading screen. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: November 11 2023 at 09:00
Originally posted by Snikle Snikle wrote:

I'm able to load the main page and the forum pages, but clicking on any other links to read reviews or look at subgenres causes an unending loading screen. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Yeah, same here. But it's nothing new. PA goes to "unavailable mode" very often, even if the forum is running fine.

Posted By: kenethlevine
Date Posted: November 11 2023 at 20:05
is this the beginning of the end?  The last couple of days I can't get into the database more often than not.  It just times out  I gather the platform is in need of a major upgrade which might not happen

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: November 12 2023 at 14:50
I've been getting a lot of "524" timeout error codes today. It's keeping me from updating my personal files of albums/groups/purchases which I've let slide for a couple of months.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 10:06
Have I been so naughty to get all these timeouts? Seems to happen more often.

Anything users can do, or is this the future of PA?

Posted By: Gentle and Giant
Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 11:09
For the last few days I've struggled with this site. It's a shame as it seems to be fine then it suddenly times out and lasts a quite a while too - up to an hour.

-------------
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 11:11
I‘d love to know what hardware the site runs on and how many page visits there are per day 😊

-------------

Posted By: projeKct
Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 13:57

I notified Max when all 3 of his sites went down. He had everything back up in about an hour.

Hi John, since you seem to be able to contact Max easily, can you do it one more time ?

The main site is down since 2-3 days and I just can't do my work. Cry

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 15:27
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Hi John, since you seem to be able to contact Max easily, can you do it one more time ?

I'm not sure what you mean about the site being down. I've been on here several times in the last couple days.

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:18
I am monitoring the page availability on a continuous basis, and for the last couple of days the pages (releases, artists) were usually timing out, where only occasionally a page would load at all. Of course this could be different in other geographical regions, depending on how the servers are set up.

-------------

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:21
 ^^ I think he means he can't access his Reviewer Page.  I haven't been able to either.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:24
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^^ I think he means he can't access his Reviewer Page.  I haven't been able to either.

Okay, I will tell Max that some people can not access their reviewer page. I will send that tonight after work.

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:38
getting into the reviews database in general is a crapshoot, one that is tipped heavily in the house's favour  :)

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 16:41
These last few months have been really sketchy on even just trying to access the homepage for me.

-------------

Posted By: tempest_77
Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 17:29
I seem to be able to access the forums fine, but I'm having the same issues with the rest of the site. The homepage loads on rare occasions and I have not been able to access the charts in over a week. I somehow managed to get more than one artist page to load today.

-------------
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on https://tempestsounds.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - my bandcamp !

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 18:00

I'm not sure what you mean about the site being down. I've been on here several times in the last couple days.
I mean that nothing works, except this forum. The main site, the admin panel, discography, etc. It's a real bummer. "A timeout occurred", "Error code 524" everywhere...

Sometimes it works for a few seconds, then it's blackout again.

Thanks for your help!

Date Posted: November 13 2023 at 18:19
^ I just sent him a message, we'll see what happens.

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 00:31
Wow, logged in this morning and saw that for the first time ever, both the main PA website and the forum are now being served via HTTPS. Nice! Clap

-------------

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 05:39
In fact, M@x has apparently installed some anti-crawling techniques which prevent any access to the website for "non-human" visitors. Which has kept me busy adjusting how I monitor the content Evil Smile

-------------

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 13:06
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

Wow, logged in this morning and saw that for the first time ever, both the main PA website and the forum are now being served via HTTPS. Nice! Clap
Saw that as well. She seems to be purring like a kitten, at least for now.

-------------

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 13:40
Yeah seems to be much faster touch wood.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 15:06
I've had another timeout on the https site.

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 15:17
The new setup is really paranoid - try to browse the website with Chrome and the Developer Tools open, it won't work. Looks like a really pricey service by Cloudflare - only available for Enterprise customers and you only get a price tag when you ask for a quote.

-------------

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 15:24
I'm so tired of all of this. Can just Max explain what is happening? Does he even care? I mean... we all depend on his actions. Why not just say "Hello, here is why the site is broken, I'll fix it when I have time."

What a strange situation!! Confused

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 15:51

In fact, M@x has apparently installed some anti-crawling techniques which prevent any access to the website for "non-human" visitors. Which has kept me busy adjusting how I monitor the content Evil Smile

Yea, I even saw a captcha that I had to click to confirm my human nature on entering this site this afternoon.
I hoped we got rid of it forever after the period when forum members got flooded with it,so it recalled some bad memories.

-------------

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 19:03
Hey, I just noticed one more thing :

The star ratings are gone... everywhere !!! Shocked

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 19:31
after a brief period of improvement it's as bad as ever now, same problems as before

Date Posted: November 14 2023 at 22:46
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

after a brief period of improvement it's as bad as ever now, same problems as before

Interestingly, the main page is running super smoothly for me today, but I seem to have an invariably hard time reaching my main profile page, which ends in a time-out.

Date Posted: November 15 2023 at 02:22
Really slow today for me, took about 3 minutes to load the index page, and then another 3 minutes for opening a release page.

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2023 at 02:39

I'm so tired of all of this. Can just Max explain what is happening? Does he even care? I mean... we all depend on his actions. Why not just say "Hello, here is why the site is broken, I'll fix it when I have time."

What a strange situation!! Confused

Hear hear. I realise i spoke too soon, as I struggle and fail to add an album.

Date Posted: November 15 2023 at 05:22
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Saw that as well. She seems to be purring like a kitten, at least for now.
DAMN...spoke WAAAAY too soon. The site is running more like my old 1970's Pontiac Ventura than the 2023 Jaguar we all hope for.

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2023 at 05:39
I'd love to know more about what is going on on a technical level ... too bad that M@x is never participating in these discussions. None of our business, I guess.

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2023 at 10:54

too bad that M@x is never participating in these discussions.
I'm wondering if he's participating... at all !!! Ouch

Date Posted: November 15 2023 at 12:09
I can get onto the forum as normal on my iPad, but it is a mass of jumbled words and shapes on my laptop.

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2023 at 22:02

Hey, I just noticed one more thing :

The star ratings are gone... everywhere !!! Shocked

Truth, can't rate anything anywhere for at least a day.

Date Posted: November 16 2023 at 08:35
I wonder what you all have done wrong that the all knowing provider has seen fit to punish you Wacko

Date Posted: November 16 2023 at 15:31
^ Not sure to understand, Ken. Do you mean you can see star ratings??

Date Posted: November 16 2023 at 16:45
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

I wonder what you all have done wrong that the all knowing provider has seen fit to punish you Wacko
I'm using too much bandwidth.

Date Posted: November 16 2023 at 17:09

^ Not sure to understand, Ken. Do you mean you can see star ratings??

just kidding Smile

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: November 17 2023 at 02:35

I'd love to know more about what is going on on a technical level ... too bad that M@x is never participating in these discussions. None of our business, I guess.

Well I suppose that if M@x still intends to sell this site for 0.5M USD, he'd better do some serious investing in terms of reliability >> this means time & money.

Right now, he won't even get 1/500 of that amount. 

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8276fc4f6d9a06bc',t:'MTcwMDIxMzc0Ny40NTIwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< height="1" width="1" style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: none; visibility: ;">

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Date Posted: November 17 2023 at 02:55
^ Well, it's good that some of us are doing this for other reasons than money. Having said that, I am accepting donations Wink

-------------

Posted By: tempest_77
Date Posted: November 20 2023 at 17:10
I can load charts but artist and album pages just give me a white page.

-------------
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on https://tempestsounds.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - my bandcamp !

Date Posted: November 21 2023 at 00:51
The last 48 hours or so I haven't experienced any problems - seems to be stabilizing, and the pages are loading quite fast. Had to adjust my code substantially though, the archive pages are now actively resisting any attempt to crawl them. Apparently these days enterprise websites have a way to get their pages into the Google index without being open to conventional crawling. Brave new world indeed ... there goes the open internet Smile

-------------

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: November 24 2023 at 04:50
Not worth opening another thread so I put this here:

Currently (last two days or so) for some reason I can't write on the forum from home (I can log in and read). I get some weird server connection error, and this happens only for PA, no problems of this kind with any other website, for which reason I suspect it has something to do with the site. It's on a Linux machine and a Mac, Firefox browser. At work I have pretty much the same Linux configuration and it works as you can see here.

Date Posted: November 24 2023 at 19:12
Besides, it seems the numbers of people on the site have been dropping steadily ever since this has all been happening

-------------
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Posted By: suitkees
Date Posted: November 25 2023 at 06:08
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Currently (last two days or so) for some reason I can't write on the forum from home (I can log in and read). I get some weird server connection error, and this happens only for PA, no problems of this kind with any other website, for which reason I suspect it has something to do with the site. It's on a Linux machine and a Mac, Firefox browser. At work I have pretty much the same Linux configuration and it works as you can see here.

I'm also on a Linux system and generally using Firefox. Other than the occasional server time-outs (last weekend/early this week) I didn't have any issues with the forums, however the PA main page, and in a very random way also the band and album pages return blank for me since the end of last week in Firefox, sometimes only showing the page in a flash before turning blank/empty. I don't have this problem with the Chromium browser. Again, this seems to be rather random: sometimes band or album pages (following a direct link) show up without a problem, when at other moments it returns a blank page. The PA home page systematically returns a blank page, and this since the end of last week.

-------------

The razamataz is a pain in the bum

Posted By: Tuzvihar
Date Posted: November 26 2023 at 12:10
^ Yes, I am also using Firefox and experienced the same as you when entering the main page (only showing the page in a flash before turning blank/empty). Firefox said that the connection isn't safe and when I turned off the protection for this website it loads fine.

-------------
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski

Posted By: rdtprog
Date Posted: November 26 2023 at 12:24
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

^ Yes, I am also using Firefox and experienced the same as you when entering the main page (only showing the page in a flash before turning blank/empty). Firefox said that the connection isn't safe and when I turned off the protection for this website it loads fine.

Thanks for that advice, I was looking for resolving this issue with Firefox for a week. Who need a protection against Prog Archives?...

-------------
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: November 26 2023 at 15:23
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

I can write on the Chromium browser, Firefox still won't let me.

Date Posted: November 27 2023 at 02:16

very different experiences from where I access the site.

I can read the forum from everywhere, but not necessarily access/read the DB (I don't even try entering the DB in the current state of affairs)
Posting on the forum is rather more difficult: 

From work, I get these scripts things interfering in my posted texts, but if I don't get rid of the square on the empty reply windows, I am allright in posting successfully. if I do get rid of it, nothing else can be typed it.
From my Dutch pad, I can even get rid of these scripts thingies by editing my posts from work.
From my Brussels' pad, with the same laptop and browser - Firefox), I wasn't able to post anything all w-eOuch

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Date Posted: November 27 2023 at 08:57
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Who need a protection against Prog Archives?...

You'd be surprised!

Posted By: Progishness
Date Posted: November 27 2023 at 09:45
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

You'd be surprised!

Browsers are probably giving screwy messages like that because PA has not yet converted to the https:// protocol as opposed to the older http:// - think of it as still being on AM when we really need to be on FM!

-------------
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2

Posted By: suitkees
Date Posted: November 27 2023 at 12:41
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

Thanks, this did the trick!

-------------

The razamataz is a pain in the bum

Date Posted: November 27 2023 at 16:07
Originally posted by Progishness Progishness wrote:

You'd be surprised!

Browsers are probably giving screwy messages like that because PA has not yet converted to the https:// protocol as opposed to the older http:// - think of it as still being on AM when we really need to be on FM!

PA works with or without https ... which is a bit odd and dated, since for many years the best practice has been to use HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) which makes the browser enforce an encrypted connection. 

What I find curious (totally unrelated to https/http) is that this url never resolves: https://progarchives.com" rel="nofollow - https://progarchives.com . LOL

-------------

Posted By: Mirakaze
Date Posted: November 28 2023 at 13:36

You'd be surprised!

THANK YOU!!! I'm finally able to post again; I was afraid I'd have to pull out Internet Explorer just to write any damn thing on the forums

-------------
https://mirasnelder.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - Freelance composer, accepting commissions | https://mirasnelder.bandcamp.com/album/altered-acuity" rel="nofollow - New album!

Date Posted: November 29 2023 at 00:01
Clearing all the PA browser cookies might help, tho you'd need to login again.

[No problems here on Firefox.]

-------------

Date Posted: November 29 2023 at 02:00
^ Good suggestion--  I hadn't done it in ages, like a nice enema.

-------------

Date Posted: November 29 2023 at 09:15
It's a bit of a stock suggestion, but it can work wonders. Also running a tool such as Ccleaner from time to time to get rid of all the redundant carp from your hard drive can also be beneficial.

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2023 at 17:20
I still have issues being able to post from Firefox ("error connection" when it comes to opening the posting box), but I just tried from Edge, and it seems to work fine.

However, if anyone knows how to fix things to be able to use Mozilla. 

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Posted By: Cristi
Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 06:26
New releases on the main page - no covers show. That's new. Stern Smile

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 06:30
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Because you can't upload album covers rn.

Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Yes, but now the cover art is no longer uploading again.

-------------
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 06:32
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Because you can't upload album covers rn.

I clicked on the album link and the covers show, so it's some kind of bug on the main page.

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 06:40
OK. That's some real oddball shіt going on!

-------------

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 06:46

Posted By: Mirakaze
Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 07:35
Album covers couldn't be uploaded while the admin page was down. I've since gone back and reuploaded the covers to the albums that were missing them because of that, but for some reason they don't get updated on the front page.

-------------
https://mirasnelder.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - Freelance composer, accepting commissions | https://mirasnelder.bandcamp.com/album/altered-acuity" rel="nofollow - New album!

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 07:37
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

Album covers couldn't be uploaded while the admin page was down. I've since gone back and reuploaded the covers to the albums that were missing them because of that, but for some reason they don't get updated on the front page.

ok.

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 10:02
Anyone know what happened to those 'Most popular artists (Last 24 hours)' thing on the home page?

-------------

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 10:08
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

Anyone know what happened to those 'Most popular artists (Last 24 hours)' thing on the home page?

What happened? I can see the album cover. Confused

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 10:08
The new releases covers are back, too. Smile

Date Posted: December 03 2023 at 19:07

No, under the 'Prog Subgenres' there used to be a 'Most Popular Artists of the Last 24 Hours'. I'm not crazy (I think Confused)

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 00:35

No, under the 'Prog Subgenres' there used to be a 'Most Popular Artists of the Last 24 Hours'. I'm not crazy (I think Confused)

It's still there. If the album cover does not show for you, then it's something wrong on your side. It works for me (and I imagine others). 

There used to be a problem with "Most Popular Artists of the Last 24 Hours" when an album would be featured there for too long. Confused It was funny (well, at least tome) when an Asia album showed up there for close to a couple of weeks, it bothered a few people. LOL

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 01:12

It's still there. If the album cover does not show for you, then it's something wrong on your side. It works for me (and I imagine others). 

There used to be a problem with "Most Popular Artists of the Last 24 Hours" when an album would be featured there for too long. Confused It was funny (well, at least tome) when an Asia album showed up there for close to a couple of weeks, it bothered a few people. LOL

On my end the list is gone too.

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 02:06
oh, my bad, I thought the album cover "most popular album" cover could not be seen. 

Yes, that list is gone indeed. 

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 02:11

oh, my bad, I thought the album cover "most popular album" cover could not be seen. 

Yes, that list is gone indeed. 

been gone for a week in my case, but it reappeared a couple of days ago, but only temporarily (gone again)

only useful as shortcut (avoiding the alphabet search), AFAIAC.

I can post from Edge, but with Firefox (my preferred browser), the text posting window stil is invisible. 

Anybody else has got that experience? 

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 05:00
^I can post with Firefox, Edge, and Chrome. I'm not sure what is preventing you from doing it on Firefox.

Browsers are tricky things to debug when things go wrong for some and not others. I know clearing caches and cookies sometimes fixes things, but sometimes even that doesn't work (notably with Chrome).

I'm not sure updating the forum software would fix this. It is nine years out of date though:
https://www.webwiz.net/web-wiz-forums/kb/release-notes.htm" rel="nofollow - https://www.webwiz.net/web-wiz-forums/kb/release-notes.htm

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 08:40
I think the bottom line is that both the main site and the forum need updating - this forum software is positively ancient for one thing, tho I wouldn't advocate anything too drastic for the main database part of the site, just a bit of tinkering and spit & polish.

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 09:38

I find Two Weeks in Spain to be an enjoyable song.

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'830578645ae370c1',t:'MTcwMTcwNzgwNy42MTcwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< height="1" width="1" style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium; visibility: ;">

Oh no! I got infected by this too!
(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'830579bd2c0fbfd5',t:'MTcwMTcwNzg2Mi44OTgwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< height="1" width="1" style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium; visibility: ;">

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 10:58

On my end the list is gone too.

I was wondering if that was intentional, to help reduce the load on the server(s).

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 11:13
I never actually used the 'Popular Artists' all that much. Mostly I go straight the alphabet.

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 11:17
I find it to be basically useless too.

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 11:21

I find it to be basically useless too.

I would not call it useless, in recent months, new bands added appeared in the list, I do hope some people discovered new music to listen and enjoy. Smile

Date Posted: December 04 2023 at 11:35
I found it very useful, and would like it to make a return

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk