Forum Description: Discuss any topic at all that is not music-related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=132707
Printed Date: May 13 2024 at 16:53
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Democracy is Teetering"
Posted By: suitkees
Subject: "Democracy is Teetering"
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 13:41
That is the headline of a rather thorough report/analysis in today's https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/16/arizona-election-denial-consequences" rel="nofollow - The Guardian about how extremist Republicans are trying to undermine democratic institutions and elections in Arizona, as just an example of a more widespread practice in the USA nowadays.
But it could be coming from within too, when a government - the French, i.c. - is undermining democratic procedures by abusing an old constitutional article - the infamous article 49.3 - to sideline parliamentary vote, knowing they wouldn't have a majority and despite the fact that a majority of the population is against those measures pushed through without vote. This has been done 23 times in less than two years.

Clearly, countries of "the West" don't need the be invaded anymore by aggressive other countries to see their democracies undermined and/or threatened. They're doing it from within. Where are we going? What can we do?

-------------

The razamataz is a pain in the bum

Replies:
Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 17:27
Vote.   

Beyond that, American Republicans are traitors.   There's no other rational conclusion--- not just the politicians, the registered Republicans, too, who continue to support a Fascist attempt at a criminal takeover of the U.S.   They should be prosecuted and imprisoned or expelled from the country.

Hey all American Right Wing conservatives out there: You think people don't see you for the sociopathic criminals you are ?   

We are coming for you.   All of you.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 17:50
Yeah, good question (@suitkees). I agree with you, but I don't have an answer.

Posted By: mathman0806
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 18:03
As an American, I feel uneasy about these uncertain times. The RNC has been taken over by Trump loyalists, and it's devolved into a cult of one personality. Actual policies no longer defining conservatism.

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 19:01
Democracy isn't working but then neither has anything else for a long time (or ever). The world is teetering. Wakey wakey time (or not).

Posted By: omphaloskepsis
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 19:08
For the most part, it's a DEM/GOP Uniparty.  Both parties are pro-war, avoid the 34 Trillion dollars in national debt, and work with large corporations to control everything.Wink

Posted By: mathman0806
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 19:47
No doubt corruption and greed cross party lines. It makes sense that most people don't go into politics to help others. They go in for the attainment of power and placating their egos.

Posted By: Valdez1
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 20:16
How do Soros, Klaus, Gates, The Crown, The Catholic Church, the
WHO ,CIA WEF AIPAC UN the European black nobility,,
The federal reserve and more represent Democracy???

Represent democracy? Both Republican and Democrat
Parties are beholden to these entities that would toss
Democracy and The Rebublic out the window for a
New World Order comprised of cameras, zones, digital
Currency, agenda 2030. It’s all about a central dictatorship..

Out with the old… In with the new .

Any one of these agencies or entities
Have more control over the U.S. than any President

Ask JFK. He knew

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 20:51
"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. . . .Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. . . . In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower, farewell address 1961

"They're heeeeeeere"

- Carol Ann from Poltergeist film, 1982

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 21:09
Eisenhower saw a thing…
He said this is sickening!

Iggy Pop.

Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 21:19
All of the left vs. right drama is designed to keep the angry divided frogs in the pot. So the chef can boil us up and not be blamed. I’ve had this opinion for many many years. The Trump vs. Biden thing has been working like a charm. Even Vivek was warning of this.

Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 21:54
Ah yes, when I want informed and thoughtful commentary I look to Vivek.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 22:34
I look to Iggy …

Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 23:03
^ Iggy is the man, it's true -

-------------

Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 23:17
For thoughtful commentary (seriously) look to Solzhenitsyn . Especially his later writings. I don’t debate politics online with music friends and only note opinions. Humanity has been hoodwinked since the beginning of time by very powerful and dangerous forces. We accept it as a means of survival. We tell ourselves all is well and it’s just normal. Pick a side… any side. Just be to work on time.

Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 01:09
^ Or fight extremism and criminality where and whenever you can.   

You "don't debate politics online with music friends and only note opinions"?   Well: You're debating right now, we're not friends, and if you want to make a difference than stand up and take a stand.

-------------

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 02:15
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

As an American, I feel uneasy about these uncertain times.

I don't think it is just Americans who feel uneasy.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Posted By: Mirakaze
Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 02:42
As a European who's part of a particular demographic that's a popular punching bag for the far right these days my thoughts tend to swing back and forth between "I must do my part in protecting Europe and its liberal democracy" and "f**k these hateful narrow-minded people, they don't deserve to be protected; I should either join my boyfriend in the United States or just go wherever things are relatively safe when the cataclysms start" but most often "everything is meaningless, nowhere is safe, nothing I can do matters, better to just not think about the future at all, have fun for as long as I can and have whatever happens happen to me".

-------------
https://mirasnelder.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - Freelance composer, accepting commissions | https://mirasnelder.bandcamp.com/album/altered-acuity" rel="nofollow - New album!

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 05:22
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

That is the headline of a rather thorough report/analysis in today's https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/16/arizona-election-denial-consequences" rel="nofollow - The Guardian about how extremist Republicans are trying to undermine democratic institutions and elections in Arizona, as just an example of a more widespread practice in the USA nowadays.

Hi,

I really don't know, and I think that we're going to know even less. So there was a primary here in WA and only about a third of all the voters bothered showing up or scratching a piece of paper. The disconnect is too much, though the local paper thought that it was because people were "forced" to designate their affiliation to a Democratic or Republican group, and it is believed that a lot of people that did not wish to explain and had more independent feelings, decided to not bother with that determination. Thus the "small" turn out! (less than 33%), But this is something that many unsavory states do to make it look like they are being more with it and looking more attentive than otherwise. Instead, they shoo people away .... just what Dr. T ordered!

It's the scariest of things, though ... and a writer once said that the place that has the most freedoms, is the one that uses them the least! And here it is ... and in some states, it has a 35% of certain folks, but they only get elected like 10% of the time if that ... it's like they don't have a voice at all ... hard to believe these days in America!

I think what bothers me more is the cynicism around it all ... when folks here don't realize that in more than half, maybe even two thirds, you can't even vote for your local representative. 

The whole matrix is really scary but I am inclined to believe that the proliferation of the riches in the country to pay less taxes and get richer is one of the biggest problems ... and many of them are going around saying ... let them eat cake and then buy everything so they look like the biggest and richest around ... and in the end, they are no different than ... the show that gave us a really poor example of a boss that only had one redeeming factor ... he could say "you're fired" louder than all of us! AND ... the craziest thing? We thought it was cool!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 06:32
^ There's an interesting special issue of Mother Jones on those https://www.motherjones.com/mag/2024/01/toc/" rel="nofollow - predatory plutocrats :
https://www.motherjones.com/mag/2024/01/toc/" rel="nofollow">

-------------

Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 06:38
What happens has, I think, a lot to do with us discovering more and more that democracy needs some trust, and that there are many reasons to not trust. Before or without democracy the average person only needs to trust the leader to the extent that the leader says "do this" or "do that" and if you do you're fine and otherwise there can be bad consequences. Regarding everything else, particularly statements of "facts", trust is not needed. 

If we're however asked to vote, we are asked to put some trust in the candidates, and it is possible to undermine trust in the candidates as a whole. Democracy had a lot of trust after WWII in the first place because the real existing alternatives were so obviously bad and also out there for destroying the democracies. Before WWII let alone WWI, democracy had a hard time to be credible in many places. So after WWII democracies were full of people who would for some "local" reason not trust one candidate or another, but would not question democracy as a system. 

One thing that has happened is that WWII is long ago now and few people now living have seen it. Even a new generation hasn't seen communist dictatorship either, at least not anywhere near their own country. But the world after 1990 isn't exactly a nice and peaceful place, and democracy has to take some of the blame (the bad experience of the Yeltsin years for sure plays a big role in many Russians being against the Western system of democracy). So there are more people around now who don't take for granted that democracy is the best system (or be it the least bad though still somewhat bad). 

And then "information" is spread very differently these days. There are many more sources of "information", and then also the algorithms will "help" people to create their own "information bubble" by showing them all kinds of things that confirm what they believe already, without much interaction with sources that promote other points of view. True, there has always been misinformation and manipulation, but still, at least within democracies different points of view would mostly clash on the same stages, for all to see. Now "information communities" build up with incompatible views, on each side believing that elsewhere there is only manipulation and stupidity - and of course if there is manipulation and stupidity everywhere, there is no point in having a democracy as whatever you vote for will not make a difference.

What to do about this I don't know. Personally, I still value to see many points of view - seeing arguments from one side and then seeing the best arguments from the other side against it, and I like to try understanding how everyone comes to their points of view and what the positive legitimation of it is. I do not like to look at side A of an argument only in the way that is offered to me from the side B, just to confirm how corrupt and mistaken side A is and how their followers are just gullible sheep. This makes decision and taking sides more difficult, but at least I can still appreciate people who try hard to understand matters and solve them rather than only spreading negativity, even if they get something wrong. This I think is crucial for democracy. We must not only be able to question and criticise, also to appreciate how difficult the problems are and what trouble comes with whatever attempt to deal with them. And hopefully have some trust in at least somebody to honestly try.

Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 07:00
^ Very interesting points, amongst which the question of Media literacy. I stumbled upon a book review of Barbara McQuade's https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/mar/16/attack-from-within-book-dangers-of-disinformation" rel="nofollow - Attack From Within - How Disinformation Is Sabotaging America in which she is apparently also proposing some solutions (for the more or less specific US context):

Quote McQuade offers solutions for countering disinformation and maintaining the rule of law, such as making domestic terrorism a federal crime, reviving https://apnews.com/article/local-newspapers-closing-jobs-3ad83659a6ee070ae3f39144dd840c1b" rel="nofollow - local journalism , criminalising doxxing (the act of revealing identifying information about someone online) and considering a ban on online anonymous accounts.

The former US attorney for the eastern district of Michigan urges politicians to get ahead of the curve of https://www.theguardian.com/technology/series/blackbox" rel="nofollow - artificial intelligence . “I hope that our Congress can do something which we failed to do with social media, which is get ahead of it, because if it can put things in place before they create havoc, it’s much easier than trying to react after the fact.”

Individual citizens, she says, can gain skills be critical consumers of social media. “We can educate ourselves and take responsibility by doing things like, when we read an article, don’t rely just on the headline; we should actually read the article before we forward it to someone else.

“We should look for second sources of a story; if there’s an outrageous story, someone else will be reporting it. If there is data in a story, we should look at that data. How big was the sample set? Was it a sample of three or a sample of 3m? That makes a difference. Were the results of this study a causation or just coincidence with an outcome? We need to do that.”

McQuade also calls for increasing media literacy in schools and a revival of teaching civics rather than focusing on test scores.

Media literacy is really an urgency. I'm teaching a course now on the history of fake in film and media and it is quite staggering to see the lack of analytical capacity, or just a critical look with our youngsters (and I'm talking about third year Film & Media students here!). There is a lot to do in this domain, but it is already 30 years that academics try to get this into the heads of those who govern us...

-------------

Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 09:07
%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/share/r/KDD4ms4FTGpjzpt6/?mibextid=wnNJl9

Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 09:33

Media literacy is really an urgency. I'm teaching a course now on the history of fake in film and media and it is quite staggering to see the lack of analytical capacity, or just a critical look with our youngsters (and I'm talking about third year Film & Media students here!). There is a lot to do in this domain, but it is already 30 years that academics try to get this into the heads of those who govern us...

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing most third-year Film & Media students don't take statistics, logic, advanced science, or critical thinking classes.  I wish these classes were required.  I'm not saying Film college students don't take a biology or chemistry class or two.  However, freshmen biology/chemistry/physics will not give you a foundation in Scientific Method.  Statistics, logic, and critical thinking are crucial to a deeper understanding of viewing the world around you.   Even so, if you don't apply the "lessons learned" to real-life situations, politics, and reality then multiple Science degrees won't help you.  A staggering number of Science degree folks don't apply logic or the scientific method. Wink

You can lead a horse to water...

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 15:53

You can lead a horse to water...

[/QUOTE]

But a pencil must be leadLOL

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 18:38
^ actually.....

Pencils never contained lead.

This may come as a shock to some people but lead pencils do not contain any lead.  Never did. The “lead” actually is a mixture of graphite and clay; the more graphite, the softer and darker the point.  The mistake in terminology can be traced back to the ancient Romans who actually used pieces of lead to draw lines on papyrus scrolls in order to guide them in writing with a tiny brush called a pencillus.  Lead is a very soft metal and pieces readily rub off.  The Romans never realized that lead was potentially toxic but today we know that even tiny amounts ingested can result in poisoning.  So it is a good thing we do not have “lead” pencils for children to chew on.

http://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/did-you-know/pencils-never-contained-lead" rel="nofollow - https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/did-you-know/pencils-never-contained-lead

((function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'866128d92c6c9661',t:'MTcxMDcyMjMwMi45ODgwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Posted By: Hugh Manatee
Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 19:11
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Or fight extremism and criminality where and whenever you can.   

You "don't debate politics online with music friends and only note opinions"?   Well: You're debating right now, we're not friends, and if you want to make a difference than stand up and take a stand.

That's right. It's not really about right or left, it's about the extremists on either end. The extremists on the left can be very annoying but the extremists on the right are downright scary. They seem to adhere to the proposition "do what I want or I'll kill you". Very fascist indeed.

It is the centrists who can decide this upcoming election and most of those seem to be underwhelmed by the choices on offer, so a lot of them I fear will just choose to disengage.

What a fine mess democracy has gotten itself into.

-------------
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas

Posted By: Tapfret
Date Posted: March 17 2024 at 23:46
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ actually.....

Not entirely true. Yes, the marking points were never lead. But up until 1971 a substantial number of pencils were painted with lead paint. So one could absolutely get some degree of lead poisoning from chewing on a pencil. 

-------------
https://www.last.fm/user/Tapfret" rel="nofollow">
https://bandcamp.com/tapfret" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp

Posted By: MikeEnRegalia
Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 02:27
What do we even mean by "democracy"? If we take it literally (meaning that the actual power lies with the people) then there is no democracy on this planet as far as I can tell - not in the West, and certainly not elsewhere.

On the other hand, if by "democracy" we mean the ritual of holding elections, then of course we have democracy all over the planet.

Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 05:07
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

^ actually.....

Not entirely true. Yes, the marking points were never lead. But up until 1971 a substantial number of pencils were painted with lead paint. So one could absolutely get some degree of lead poisoning from chewing on a pencil. 

Paint isn't a ubiquitous ingredient on pencils. ALL paint had lead up to a point. The word "contain" means "hold within" so an exterior visual finishing touch wouldn't be applicable. However of course you're right. There are many other pollutants including lead pain in and on pencils as well as other household items but that's also not relevant to the specific phrase "Pencils Never CONTAINED Lead." 

P(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8664bb484ce1cfbc',t:'MTcxMDc1OTc1OC4yMDIwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Posted By: Rivertree
Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 05:14
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

What do we even mean by "democracy"? If we take it literally (meaning that the actual power lies with the people) then there is no democracy on this planet as far as I can tell - not in the West, and certainly not elsewhere.

On the other hand, if by "democracy" we mean the ritual of holding elections, then of course we have democracy all over the planet.

ClapClapClap

-------------
https://awesomeprog.com/users/Rivertree" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 05:17

Of course there's no such thing as a democracy in the modern world. If such a thing exists it would mean that the people vote on EVERY single issue and not have representatives to do such things.

Most nations people think are "democracies" are really democratic republics. Republics are states in which supreme or executive power rests in the people via representatives chosen by citizens entitled to vote.

It has all been usurped by treaties and contracts and so convoluted that very few can trace where real power lies which is almost exclusively in the financial sector with many transnational corporations having more wealth than most nation states and fiat currency system reserves that literally manufacture revenue out of thin air.

If you break out a Black's Law dictionary and start reading definitions it becomes apparent very quickly that the legal definition of most words is not the same as the common vernacular and therefore contract law has crafted the perfect magical system to keep most "citizens" clueless about the true nature of governance.

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8664c8462dc422de',t:'MTcxMDc2MDI5MC4zNTcwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 05:28
^ Absolutely. What amazes me is the cognitive dissonance displayed by many when the on the one hand dismiss such statements as conspiracy theories, but on the other hand they know that they cannot really affect anything with their "democratic" vote. A perfectly square circle Wink

It all depends on how things are framed (portrayed). When you talk about the "deep state", most people are automatically rejecting anything that the person says. When you say "money makes the world go round", I bet many of the same people will say "yeah sure, but what can you do".

To shift gears, when it comes to democracy I always like to refer to this classic episode:
https://www.southparkstudios.nu/episodes/ndszwn/south-park-douche-and-turd-season-8-ep-8" rel="nofollow - https://www.southparkstudios.nu/episodes/ndszwn/south-park-douche-and-turd-season-8-ep-8

Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 06:18

Hi,

We had this issue in 1980 at UCSB, when I took a film class, not that I needed to since I was already (at that time) really well versed on all the major directors and their history. But the comments from the rest of the students were really poor ... "really stupid" (Citizen Kane) probably being one of the more extreme examples.

For me, the problem with all this is Hollywood, and (in general) the TV set, that has a mentality that is completely insane, and it is compounded even more by soap operas, complete with the same format, same camera angles and shots. 

IF, America was more receptive to World Cinema, this would not be such a bad thing, but it is a serious issue when the "cinemas" became all owned by the film studios, and then the delivery of video became owned with a different name by the same film studios ... and then to make matters worse, the FCC allowed a group to own more than one station in a metropolis, thus compounding the way of things.

And it is scary, although I will state that this Progressive Music board is far superior in that area, however, it still is way too much centered on top this and that ... instead of the art itself, and that is something that started in the 70's when the Republicans started taking money out of all the arts because they were "too liberal". To this day, all you get is material that is not fit for consumption, but since it is rated with so many stars, everyone thinks its great ... and it's crap.

I don't have an answer, but education would help ... IF it had the desire to do something valuable instead of turning the school kids into another brick in the wall, which is part of the problem.

Even worse, and related, is the way we look at politicians, and we allow all of those that have MONEY and are LAWYERS to get into government ... and mess things up even more ... there is no "variation" of what needs to be done, except to dismantle the constitution, because its words are too 250 years old and no one with a LAW degree believes in it at all. Even worse for some politicians playing dictator and formulating rules to intimidate education and the voting public ... and folks will still re-elect the goon!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 06:43

To shift gears, when it comes to democracy I always like to refer to this classic episode:
https://www.southparkstudios.nu/episodes/ndszwn/south-park-douche-and-turd-season-8-ep-8" rel="nofollow - https://www.southparkstudios.nu/episodes/ndszwn/south-park-douche-and-turd-season-8-ep-8

That's when democracy becomes turdmerdocracy. LOL

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 12:34
At least the right wingers stopped following Q Anon. But what's next?

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 17:58

Of course democracy is a gradual thing. Fair enough you can see it as an ideal that is never fulfilled, but for sure different systems go more or less in that direction. Maybe none of them far enough, which is fair enough. But the perfect is the enemy of the good, and I believe there is still something to defend, and to care for.
What amazes me is the cognitive dissonance displayed by many when the on the one hand dismiss such statements as conspiracy theories
Who does that?
but on the other hand they know that they cannot really affect anything with their "democratic" vote
Well what do people expect? If you are in a country that has 50 million inhabitants, say, your vote will count 1/50,000,000 of the whole. People get annoyed if politics doesn't do what they want but there are 49,999,999 others many of whom want something else I'm afraid. It is different for people who go into local politics and compete for votes. They can make a difference, and be it for a few issues that affect maybe 100,000 people. I know such people. Politics is hard and can be a dirty business, but you can do something if you try. For sure you can raise your influence beyond 1/50,000,000. Voting is not enough to make something happen.

Now I'm pretty sure that you guys want to allude to other things than introducing local speed limits (or stopping them from happening) and the like. I'm with you that there is much power that is not in the hand of the elected politicians, and this is a problem (even these are occasionally taken on by elected politicians if you vote for the right ones, but admittedly not often enough). But I still like to focus on the positives, on what is possible. And I like to defend the possibilities that are there rather than seeing even them threatened.  You may think there isn't much democracy around, but chances are you agree we don't need even less of it.

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: March 18 2024 at 18:31
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

They did? I guess I never got that memo.

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 02:07
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Of course democracy is a gradual thing. Fair enough you can see it as an ideal that is never fulfilled, but for sure different systems go more or less in that direction. Maybe none of them far enough, which is fair enough. But the perfect is the enemy of the good, and I believe there is still something to defend, and to care for.

Sure, no system is perfect. But I would argue that the "democracies" in the West are deeply corrupt. A far cry from "good".

What amazes me is the cognitive dissonance displayed by many when the on the one hand dismiss such statements as conspiracy theories
Who does that?

I was talking about the notion that we don't actually have democracy in the West. Most people I know would dismiss that as a way-out conspiracy theory.

but on the other hand they know that they cannot really affect anything with their "democratic" vote
Well what do people expect? If you are in a country that has 50 million inhabitants, say, your vote will count 1/50,000,000 of the whole. People get annoyed if politics doesn't do what they want but there are 49,999,999 others many of whom want something else I'm afraid. It is different for people who go into local politics and compete for votes. They can make a difference, and be it for a few issues that affect maybe 100,000 people. I know such people. Politics is hard and can be a dirty business, but you can do something if you try. For sure you can raise your influence beyond 1/50,000,000. Voting is not enough to make something happen.

That's not my point. Even in a group of ten people most decisions will not be representative of each individual. What I am objecting to is the rigging of the choices we are allowed to vote on. Just as in the South Park episode I linked to, it is not a "good" system when all the options are reduced to a douche and a turd by some people behind the scenes which the voters neither know nor can affect in any way. 

Now I'm pretty sure that you guys want to allude to other things than introducing local speed limits (or stopping them from happening) and the like. I'm with you that there is much power that is not in the hand of the elected politicians, and this is a problem (even these are occasionally taken on by elected politicians if you vote for the right ones, but admittedly not often enough). But I still like to focus on the positives, on what is possible. And I like to defend the possibilities that are there rather than seeing even them threatened.  You may think there isn't much democracy around, but chances are you agree we don't need even less of it.
I guess we'll get by with whatever we have ... after all, as individuals we cannot change the system. Not by trying to educate people (because the system controls education and information), not by violent action (even if it was an appropriate option to begin with - which it isn't - the system is too powerful) and certainly not by voting. We can try to name the problem, but it will likely only go away when it collapses under its own weight, and/or when it gets too big to handle. 

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 06:26

Yes, after they saw that Mrs. Clinton, Biden et al weren't arrested and that the military didn't enact a coup on Jan. 6th,  as Q Anon promised. 

-------------

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 07:05
The steps to dictatorship:

1) Convince people that your representative system is broken and cannot be fixed.

2) Concentrate on a colorful charismatic personality that appeals to dim wits and avoid any stated ideals, policies or solutions.

3) Ignore and even deride the suffering of others and find a segment of the population to demonize.

4) It helps if your charismatic leader is a narcissist with no sense of compassion or humor.

5) The dictator needs to convince his followers that they are powerless victims and he is here to give them a voice.

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 08:05
^ Sounds plausible. I doubt though that these are the only steps to dictatorship.

How about this:

1) Convince people that your representative system is good. Not perfect (we are all human after all), but good.
2) There is no step 2.

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 08:41
^ one only needs to ask what the true nature of a dictatorship. People tend to focus on the individual who serves as the charismatic distraction from where the true power lies. Nothing is new in that regard but it has always been the case and still is true that real power structures lie behind the average person's perceptions. 

True "dictatorships" result from the total manipulation of the systems that any given society implements for daily operation. It's long been realized that scientific discovers of energy frequencies and nanotechnologies hold the key to usurping freewill and cognitive perception.

The Operations Research Technical Manual TW-SW7905.1 or more colloquially known as a document called "Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars" showcases the covert techniques that have been researched and implemented to create the global dictatorship so long desired by those who seek world domination.

While dismissed as a hoax by some, deeper investigations reveal a correlation between this leaked report that emerged in the 1970s. Patents and legislative efforts correspond perfectly to the plans laid out in these documents. Until the average person realizes that the tactics of the 20th century have long been upgraded to the invisible mechanisms that have come to fruition then they will be completely lost in the brave new world that is upon us.

All one needs to do is watch one of the many lectures delivered by Dr James Giordano who serves as the Chair of the Neuroethics Program of the IEEE Brain Project, and an appointed member of the Neuroethics, Legal and Social Issues (NELSI) Advisory Panel of the Defense Advanced Research Projects’ Agency (DARPA). His university lectures are legendary for discussing all the wide ranges of mind control through technologies that are designed to manipulate human consciousness as they have deemed the brain is the battlefield of the future. Well the future is now so anyone focusing on a TV personality puppet running as a president is seriously missing a much larger picture to their own demise. In other words, without freewill and our ability to control our own systems, there is no democracy, just a shell of rituals designed to deceive everyone into thinking otherwise.

Smoking Mind Kontrol Gun. Dr. James Giordano The Brain is the Battlefield of the Future

http://www.bitchute.com/video/YItyvjRdmrgA/" rel="nofollow - https://www.bitchute.com/video/YItyvjRdmrgA/

Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09dKTRT89RDZ3Y5TEdWOG1SY0dWcEdOZ3pudTBzQQ/view?resourcekey=0-A_8BJ15xWtJUOSbid0ZFSg" rel="nofollow - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09dKTRT89RDZ3Y5TEdWOG1SY0dWcEdOZ3pudTBzQQ/view?resourcekey=0-A_8BJ15xWtJUOSbid0ZFSg

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'866e24cabde0cecd',t:'MTcxMDg1ODQ1MS43MjMwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 09:04
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

1) Convince people that your representative system is broken and cannot be fixed.

2) Concentrate on a colorful charismatic personality that appeals to dim wits and avoid any stated ideals, policies or solutions.

3) Ignore and even deride the suffering of others and find a segment of the population to demonize.

4) It helps if your charismatic leader is a narcissist with no sense of compassion or humor.

5) The dictator needs to convince his followers that they are powerless victims and he is here to give them voice.

America is an oligarchy.  An oligarchy is a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution:   

An unelected oligarchy avoids responsibility.  A dictator cannot avoid responsibility.  An oligarchy has the additional advantage of unlimited plausible deniability.  

That said, an oligarchy has all the characteristics you mentioned...except a Dictator.  However, the American oligarchy employs the president as a puppet and a patsy.  The population focuses on the President instead of the unelected oligarchy.Wink  

Meet the new Puppet, same as the old puppet. 

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 09:42
^ Yes, it's teetering. Does that mean that Amercans should choose an option that is clearly worse?

Another country where things are not going at their best is the UK: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/17/mps-on-why-they-are-leaving-parliament-standing-down-after-election-conservatives" rel="nofollow - "‘This place is utterly dysfunctional’: MPs on why they’re leaving parliament"

-------------

Posted By: Mirakaze
Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 11:42

^ Sounds plausible. I doubt though that these are the only steps to dictatorship.

How about this:

1) Convince people that your representative system is good. Not perfect (we are all human after all), but good.
2) There is no step 2.

What does your preferred governmental/representative system look like?

-------------
https://mirasnelder.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - Freelance composer, accepting commissions | https://mirasnelder.bandcamp.com/album/altered-acuity" rel="nofollow - New album!

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 12:31
I would say the US is more of a plutocracy than an oligarchy. I suppose it could be both though. However, it's really the super wealthy behind the scenes who are pulling the strings.

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 14:10
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

What does your preferred governmental/representative system look like?

Not sure. We would need to enforce a lot more transparency. We would have to stop the many forms of legalized corruption that are common today (lobbyism, "revolving doors" schemes, immunity from prosecution etc.). There would not be any professional "politicians" anymore, terms would be much shorter, and the general public would have to be much more vigilant.

Not likely to happen in my lifetime. We're not ready Smile

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:13

Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09dKTRT89RDZ3Y5TEdWOG1SY0dWcEdOZ3pudTBzQQ/view?resourcekey=0-A_8BJ15xWtJUOSbid0ZFSg" rel="nofollow - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09dKTRT89RDZ3Y5TEdWOG1SY0dWcEdOZ3pudTBzQQ/view?resourcekey=0-A_8BJ15xWtJUOSbid0ZFSg
Thanks for linking this. I have some respect for the person who wrote this. It is pretty well thought through. The sandpit mathematical equations give it away though. (It is entertaining to spot some more bizarrities here and there, but most of them are probably OK for doing the intended job.)

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:28
^ that stuff gets way more complex than that basic summary document. While the mathematics are above my pay grade, the gist of the entire document is pretty much the playbook for global hegemony. Of course wars depend on changing strategies when needed and i'm sure there have been many alterings of plans over the decades but it's a bonafide blueprint of the intentions of those who think they were created to rule us going through with the proper mechanisms to carry it all to fruition. Most people of the planet still do not realize that a global elite has indeed declared war on the 99% and are escalating their methodologies because of the fact many of us have caught on to what's goin' down.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8670846be80acf51',t:'MTcxMDg4MzM0MC4yNDgwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:54

I was talking about the notion that we don't actually have democracy in the West. Most people I know would dismiss that as a way-out conspiracy theory.
The definition of conspiracy theory is pretty clear. If you say you think there's a conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory, what else? If you don't, then it's not. Are you? Of course there may be real conspiracies, so being a conspiracy theory doesn't make it wrong in itself. I personally am not interested in dismissing anything as "conspiracy theory". I need some better reasons to dismiss something (like understanding the math, what it says and what it doesn't say in the document linked by siLLy puPPy).

Other than that, the view on these things may be different from the position of people who have actively, within the system, done politics, and I know a few of them (even though personally I haven't done much more than peeking in from the outside a bit). Now my take on this is rather ambiguous thinking that the system is full of people with different motivations including personal narcissism, taking advantage, manipulation, but also personal values (if I agree with them or not) and the honest drive to achieve something or at least represent the voters. I don't think a conspiracy is needed to explain corruption and dysfunctionality, as these things pop up even on the most marginal occasions where people come together and have to negotiate something political. As I said before, it is totally clear that voting doesn't achieve much. Being voted for can achieve more and does so on occasion, but it also comes with lots of potential for being frustrated and corrupted. And of course some players will try their best to take advantage, and they will organise themselves, so there are for sure conspiracies to be found, except that I believe that there will be human political games all the way up, with alliances breaking up and regrouping, treason, disorganisation and failure, and new conspiracies against the conspirators, besides the odd success. 

As I wrote, for me democracy is a gradual thing, there is no "true ideal democracy" to be categorically distinguished from what we have. Even where democracy is organised at a harmless level where only very local decisions are made very directly by the people, you can already see all the human traits that make democracy such a mess (and in fact make all forms of governance a mess although when it just comes to being less messy, dictatorship may in fact be ahead of democracy unless the dictator themselves are messy, for which there are of course many examples).

So I'm fine with much criticism of Western democracy and for sure I'm not going to deny that some rich global players have far too much power. I also like the idea that direct voting on all kinds of thing such as in Switzerland would be nice, although the Swiss system in many respects shows all the signs of corruption that you find in other democracies. But I doubt that we will see a democracy that is democratic and nice enough for you to actually call it a democracy, not because some people behind the scenes wouldn't allow it (not denying that there may be some who'd like to stop it), also because people would quickly mess it up anyway. 
I guess we'll get by with whatever we have ... after all, as individuals we cannot change the system. Not by trying to educate people (because the system controls education and information), 
Yeah well, I hear this all the time, and all the time, strangely, I hear people complain that they are not allowed to say what they are just saying. Wink 

I haven't been censored by "the system" yet, and I do education (and I have some views that some don't like). But then maybe what I say is so useful for "the system" that it doesn't see any reason in stopping me, or maybe I'm just one of the controllers myself, who knows? Tongue

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 15:58

^ that stuff gets way more complex than that basic summary document. While the mathematics are above my pay grade, the gist of the entire document is pretty much the playbook for global hegemony. Of course wars depend on changing strategies when needed and i'm sure there have been many alterings of plans over the decades but it's a bonafide blueprint of the intentions of those who think they were created to rule us going through with the proper mechanisms to carry it all to fruition. Most people of the planet still do not realize that a global elite has indeed declared war on the 99% and are escalating their methodologies because of the fact many of us have caught on to what's goin' down. 
Nothing in the document provides any evidence that what is claimed to be intended there is actually doable, and if they want to start from these formulae, then good luck to them, I can still sleep well. Tongue (PS I realise they claim it has already started long ago, but no wonder that I haven't seen much of it in the meantime.)

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:09

Nothing in the document provides any evidence that what is claimed to be intended there is actually doable, and if they want to start from these formulae, then good luck to them, I can still sleep well. Tongue (PS I realise they claim it has already started long ago, but no wonder that I haven't seen much of it in the meantime.)

It was an insider's document that was leaked to the public in 1979. They don't need to convince themselves. It's a blueprint for a game plan, not a court document. Not only is it all doable, they are actually rolling it out. Things like cell phones and computers actually are dual use technologies that can be weaponized if necessary. The targeting of individuals is silent and untraceable. Frequencies have long been known to be beneficial or destructive depending on the resonance. They have basically hacked our biology and weaponized commonly available technologies to stifle true human advancement which means democracy or the will of the people cannot exist while these technologies can alter the results of elections, target political leaders and coercing them into compliance and to keep us sick and unhealthy simply by targeting us with frequencies that simulate disease. All of this is quite provable simply by reading the hundreds of patents that have emerged since at least the 1950s. There are ways to counteract the effects of these nefarious plans but it's up to every individual to comprehend the magnitude and protect him / herself accordingly. It's always been the few wanting to control the many. Only the games and sophistication has changed.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8670bf86fabb15d4',t:'MTcxMDg4NTc2MS4yMjYwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:14

Another country where things are not going at their best is the UK: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/17/mps-on-why-they-are-leaving-parliament-standing-down-after-election-conservatives" rel="nofollow - "‘This place is utterly dysfunctional’: MPs on why they’re leaving parliament"
Also read this, I must have too much time today. Actually to me it doesn't shout out that the situation is particularly bad now compared to the past. OK there are some reasonably new symptoms (social media), but then there is also some progress mentioned, and how some things were even worse in the past. Sad to see Caroline Lucas go, unsurprisingly (given my political leanings) I always liked her, and she says a few generally critical things, but even those apply by and large as much to the past as to the present.

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:20

Not only is it all doable, they are actually rolling it out.  
Quite a number of things mentioned there are clearly not happening, not by 1979, not now. But OK, it may be I'm too blind and manipulated myself to see them. The other stuff, fair enough, I know you believe this and you have mentioned your long research on this stuff often enough. And I can only encourage you to go on posting links and stuff because as I wrote earlier, I do read the odd thing and build my own opinion. Which may differ from yours though Wink

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 16:48
^ You're not blind, just matured & thoughtful.   Just because a conspiracy theory exists doesn't mean it's real.   And just because it may be real doesn't mean it's functional.

All angry young men at some point think they've discovered the hidden answer.    

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 17:04

Not only is it all doable, they are actually rolling it out.  
Quite a number of things mentioned there are clearly not happening, not by 1979, not now. But OK, it may be I'm too blind and manipulated myself to see them. The other stuff, fair enough, I know you believe this and you have mentioned your long research on this stuff often enough. And I can only encourage you to go on posting links and stuff because as I wrote earlier, I do read the odd thing and build my own opinion. Which may differ from yours though Wink

This is a music site. I just want to let people know these things exist. It's not the place for endless links and debates about this stuff. If my words resonate with anyone then they will seek these things out and come to their own conclusions. I'm just telling you that what i have researched and what i have read as patents, as legislation, as law DOES correspond to much of what that report prognosticated decades ago. For those who delve into these conspiracy facts, there is really no debate about the veracity of it all. Only those who have not yet familiarized themselves with it will display skepticism. I'm the most skeptical of all needing 100% tangible evidence for anything to fully believe it and in this case i've seen the goods. You should really spend more time watching the lectures of top scientists of DARPA and other intelligence agencies explaining these things in excruciating detail and revealing how they subtly include many things in earmarks that are in legislation. By only reading the odd thing or two you're not amassing the bulk of the bigger picture. If everyone ignores all of this then they can kiss anything remotely "democratic" goodbye. We have been warned since the 50s about all of this so this is hardly anything new. BTW the bulk of these researchers are well in their 70s and 80s. Instead of burning out on drugs in the 60s they actually went to work and researched the wealth of suppressed knowledge out there.

Recommended book that does an excellent job of explaining all this with patents, footnotes and references beyond your wildest dreams. All verifiable and easily tracked down through patents and public records.

http://www.amazon.com/Geoengineered-Transhumanism-Environment-Electromagnetics-Nanotechnology/dp/0578927055" rel="nofollow - https://www.amazon.com/Geoengineered-Transhumanism-Environment-Electromagnetics-Nanotechnology/dp/0578927055

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'86710d41096367ad',t:'MTcxMDg4ODk0NC45MTkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2024 at 18:57
"It shoots situations instead of bullets, propelled by data processing, instead of chemical reaction(explosion), originating from bits of data instead of grains of gunpowder, from a computer instead of a gun, operated by a computer programmer intead of a marksman, under the orders of a banking magnate instead of a military general.   

It makes no obvious explosive noises, causes no obvious physical or mental injuries, and does not obviously interfere with anyone's daily social life".

As someone who's been researching conspiracy theories much of my life, I'd point out any source taking information & cues from Behold a Pale Horse should be taken with a grain of salt, Bill Cooper was a well-intentioned but disturbed man who insisted John Kennedy was shot by his limousine driver.   

If you're gonna get into global conspiracies, post-war German Fascists are far more likely candidates--- I mean if you're an International Criminal Network intent on terrorizing and ruling the World, using methods that are "causing no obvious physical or mental injuries and does not interfere with anyone's daily social life", then you're failing badly.

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 01:39

^ You're not blind, just matured & thoughtful.   Just because a conspiracy theory exists doesn't mean it's real.   And just because it may be real doesn't mean it's functional.

It's so funny to see posts like this along with that Kennedy quote. Always makes my day LOL

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 01:48

I guess we'll get by with whatever we have ... after all, as individuals we cannot change the system. Not by trying to educate people (because the system controls education and information), 
Yeah well, I hear this all the time, and all the time, strangely, I hear people complain that they are not allowed to say what they are just saying. Wink 

Twisting my words ... well, thanks for engaging, but I'll quit before we get to the name-calling.

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 02:47

It's so funny to see posts like this along with that Kennedy quote. Always makes my day LOL

Of course it makes your day--- but then, you took this statement personally, which makes mine.

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 02:52
^ I didn't ... but if thinking it did made your day, it shows me what kind of person you are. That does not make my day (I don't thrive on negativity), but it validates some of my assumptions. Smile

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 03:37

Twisting my words ... well, thanks for engaging, but I'll quit before we get to the name-calling.
Given the amount of polemic in some of your postings you react very touchily if somebody doesn't play 100% nice with you. It's a controversial exchange and some fun must be allowed. OK fair enough, my wording puts you in a box together with some people from whom I've heard similar things from which I have seen this kind of behaviour, and you may not want to be in that box. But then I didn't say that it was you personally who did this. Name calling is not my game and you can end whenever you want. 

The point is, "the system" doesn't apparently control information enough that you can't hear and see people complaining about "the system" all over the place.

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 03:49
^ Nice, you're almost into name-calling territory. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 03:54
For the record: In discussions like these, nuances matter. There is a difference between saying that for society at large information and education is controlled by the ruling powers, and saying that people "aren't allowed to say what they are saying". Being misrepresented in that way is not surprising, and I'm not offended by that (anymore), I'm just tired of wasting a lot of time just to go around in circles and end up being asked to defend claims I never made. 

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 05:01

Of course it makes your day--- but then, you took this statement personally, which makes mine.

I'm not so sure JFK is all that quotable a person (he was POTUS after all) in general, though this particular one (in David's sig) does provoke thoughts & opinions. WackoPinchEvil Smile

Stern Smile

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 05:47
Hi,

I was thinking that this thread is teetering.!!!

I am of the opinion that not having alternative sources of media and information, everything we are "told" seems the same, and nothing ever changes, and the same people get elected, and then all the fans get to go see the star in the street ... and go over to the store to get another vape to get high on.

None of us, has a good enough idea of what is going on, and the disagreements are scary ... why? It makes the problem worse! When no one agrees on anything because they are all the masters of their idea, then the ability to get together and solve something is not there ... and this is the case in America, compounded with the continued rise of the religious fervor, despite a Constitution that wanted to keep it out of the way ... after seeing so many problems all over the world with it.

They say times change ... actually they don't ... we just get a new shirt or hat ... and still can not agree with anyone ... for much of anything. It's all memememememememe ... and in a democracy, the mememememe has to go!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 06:05
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I'm not so sure JFK is all that quotable a person (he was POTUS after all) in general, though this particular one (in David's sig) does provoke thoughts & opinions. WackoPinchEvil Smile

I'm not a fan of JFK in particular - after all, he was a politician, as you said. I don't care particularly much for RFK Jr., for the same reason.

ButI do like this one quote, and I'm amused that it is being used as a signature by someone who is continuously preaching obedience to official authorities and ridiculing people who are not just going along with "the current thing". I'm not at all angry or personally offended by this, I just find it entertaining. In the past there were times when I was indeed taking these things too seriously. The problem IS deadly serious, but like a proper stoic I no longer get frustrated about things I cannot change. 

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 06:11

5) The dictator needs to convince his followers that they are powerless victims and he is here to give them a voice.
"And you'll be winning so much that you'll get tired of winning". - Adolf Hitler. 

-------------

Posted By: MortSahlFan
Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 11:05
JFK was very different than RFK, who was like his father.. He was silent until Senator Eugene McCarthy (not Sen. Joe McCarthy, who RFK worked for) came in and primaried a sitting President of his own party (LBJ, 68) which was unheard of.. Imagine Bernie doing it to Obama in 2012.... McCarthy ran on ending the war in Vietnam, for moral reasons. Did so well in the 1st primary (NH) that LBJ announced on TV he would not seek re-election.. Then RFK suddenly is against Vietnam.. Trendy. Opportunist, just like his son.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 16:55

The point is, "the system" doesn't apparently control information enough that you can't hear and see people complaining about "the system" all over the place.

"The system" is set up in a way that makes it immune to this type of complaining. It has been perfected over decades (almost centuries), and since the 1960s we have learned so much more about psychology and how to control people.

To quote Aldous Huxley:
"The perfect dictatorship would have the appearance of a democracy, but would basically be a prison without walls in which the prisoners would not even dream of escaping. It would essentially be a system of slavery where, through consumption and entertainment.... "

Combine that with what Noam Chomsky said:
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum...."

So yes, we are allowed to criticise our society (and its leaders), but that does not threaten the system in any way ... it's expected, anticipated and essentially neutralised by how the system is set up.

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 18:46
What would be "not acceptable opinion" for the system? I have free access to lots of stuff, including communist, revolutionary from left and right, questioning everything that seemingly keeps the system alive. siLLy puPPy can do their research and post all kinds of stuff, and you can do that, too... What about your opinion as voiced here? Is that still "acceptable" for the system in your sense? Chomsky and Huxley are not censored as far as I know. Do you know things to say that would bring you behind bars or worse because it would threaten the system? Then of course there *are* some "wrong" things that you better don't say in one community, but then you can find another community in the same country that defends these "wrong" things. Do you think "the system" is safe these days? (And if it worked like that, why would Putin need to kill opponents?)

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 18:49

"The system" is set up in a way that makes it immune to this type of complaining. It has been perfected over decades (almost centuries), and since the 1960s we have learned so much more about psychology and how to control people.

To quote Aldous Huxley:
"The perfect dictatorship would have the appearance of a democracy, but would basically be a prison without walls in which the prisoners would not even dream of escaping. It would essentially be a system of slavery where, through consumption and entertainment.... "

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum...."

So yes, we are allowed to criticise our society (and its leaders), but that does not threaten the system in any way ... it's expected, anticipated and essentially neutralised by how the system is set up.

Outstanding quotes.  Speaking of JFK...Aldous Huxley died on the same day as JFK.Wink

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 20:03
Originally posted by MortSahlFan MortSahlFan wrote:

JFK was very different than RFK, who was like his father.. He was silent until Senator Eugene McCarthy (not Sen. Joe McCarthy, who RFK worked for) came in and primaried a sitting President of his own party (LBJ, 68) which was unheard of.. Imagine Bernie doing it to Obama in 2012.... McCarthy ran on ending the war in Vietnam, for moral reasons. Did so well in the 1st primary (NH) that LBJ announced on TV he would not seek re-election.. Then RFK suddenly is against Vietnam.. Trendy. Opportunist, just like his son.

I very much doubt LBJ's rejection of a second term had anything to do with Eugene McCarthy running for president.   A man as ambitious and governmentally astute as Lyndon Johnson doesn't throw-in the towel just because some upstart peacenik wants to be Prez.   Besides, McCarthy ran several more times for president and was unsuccessful, so we see he was not a serious threat to the juggernaut that was Lyndon Baines Johnson.   No way.

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 20:15
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

To quote Aldous Huxley:

Outstanding quotes.  Speaking of JFK...Aldous Huxley died on the same day as JFK.Wink[/DIV

Well then all you global Technocratic Elite-conspiracy hawks have us coming and going, don't you.   I mean why do or say or think anything independently... it's useless anyway and is all factored into the decades-long systemic control of mankind !!

You all must be living a dark existence.   Life's way too short for that.

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 21:08
^ facing and understanding the darkness is exactly what is required to bask in the light. Understanding control mechanisms of those trying to enslave us allows us to defend ourselves from the chains they try to shackle us with. The students at Hogwarts studied the dark arts not to participate in them or keel over from depression but rather to learn how the enemy operates in order to implement a self-defense. Without a broader comprehension of the system science approach that integrates all branches of knowledge into one and how it can be weaponized guarantees that one remains in an adolescent state and therefore easy pickins for those who only view you as their prey. True happiness results from self-autonomy where interfering forces are rendered neutralized.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'867ab288ad7b2513',t:'MTcxMDk5MDA4Ni45MTIwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2024 at 22:16
Harry Potter?   Okay, well I'll skip my own Sith reference and simply say   You think darkness is your ally?-- you merely adopted the dark, I was born in it, molded by it.   I didn't see light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding.

-------------

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 01:29

What would be "not acceptable opinion" for the system? I have free access to lots of stuff, including communist, revolutionary from left and right, questioning everything that seemingly keeps the system alive. siLLy puPPy can do their research and post all kinds of stuff, and you can do that, too... What about your opinion as voiced here? Is that still "acceptable" for the system in your sense? Chomsky and Huxley are not censored as far as I know. Do you know things to say that would bring you behind bars or worse because it would threaten the system? Then of course there *are* some "wrong" things that you better don't say in one community, but then you can find another community in the same country that defends these "wrong" things. Do you think "the system" is safe these days? (And if it worked like that, why would Putin need to kill opponents?)

You're still not getting my main point: As long as these comments do not lead to any actions, "the system" does not care. That's why I jokingly said "dictatorship 10.0". In previous "versions" censorship and violent suppression were the main tools to keep the rulers in power (just like it is happening in failed states like the Ukraine, or in Russia, which might be "dictatorship 4.0"). The more modern versions are beyond that. Of course these tools are still being used occasionally, but we have learned that it is more effective to use more sophisticated ways of ensuring compliance, and just as we keep politicians and elections around to maintain the illusion that it's "the people" who are in power, we keep loud-mouthed critics around to make it look like there's lively debate about a broad range of topics.

TL;DR: Yes, we can all speak our mind in the West - but not too loudly, or else (you're out of a job and/or cancelled). And occasionally we get to choose between a douche and a turd sandwich. Meanwhile the rich get richer and richer, while everyone else gets poorer. Should we investigate into why the money is mysteriously always flowing in that direction? No, that would be crazy-talk. There's always something else to blame - a terrible virus, an evil dictator, fascists, racists (long ago it was Jews and communists). But it's NEVER those who keep getting richer.  

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 01:39

Well then all you global Technocratic Elite-conspiracy hawks 

It's not a conspiracy theory, the US are on record stating that they seek to dominate the world. Call it a "uni-polar world view" or a "rules based world order" if you will, but that does not change what it is. And it is at odds with the idea of freedom and liberty. It's a bit like Islam even, which is being described as the "religion of peace" by its proponents, but when you dig deeper you find out that this "peace" is a euphemism for conquest and suppression - peace by unconditional surrender. 

You all must be living a dark existence.   Life's way too short for that.

Life is suffering - and I'm not a religious person, but I think that this is one thing that religions get right. Life is a struggle, and you can try to ignore it, focus on enjoying it to the fullest (hedonism), but in the end you will die just like those of us who take it a little more seriously. "Objectively" it does not matter. Personally I try to adopt a stoic mindset where I'm aware of all the dark problems in the world, but I'm focusing on the things I can affect in a positive way (which would be my family and friends).

And of course music helps a lot Smile

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 04:49
The New York Times read this thread, so now they come with an opinion piece:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/21/opinion/democracy-solidarity-trump.html" rel="nofollow - : Solidarity!

Quote Though we rarely speak about it as such, solidarity is a concept as fundamental to democracy as its better-known cousins: equality, freedom and justice. Solidarity is simultaneously a bond that holds society together and a force that propels it forward. After all, when people feel connected, they are more willing to work together, to share resources and to have one another’s backs. Solidarity weaves us into a larger and more resilient “we” through the precious and powerful sense that even though we are different, our lives and our fates are connected.

But well, as long as "me" is more important than "we"...

-------------

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 06:16
So what specifically is "the system" stopping some of you from doing that you wish you could do?

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 06:49

Harry Potter?   Okay, well I'll skip my own Sith reference and simply say   You think darkness is your ally?-- you merely adopted the dark, I was born in it, molded by it.   I didn't see light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding.

You don't comprehend allegories of larger spiritual systems. Every mystery school, every spiritual system, every martial art, every science recognizes the roles of both dark and light and researches all aspects as to navigate the universe under one's own volition. Harry Potter was all subterfuge for spiritual science concepts.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'867e0a93fa6615f5',t:'MTcxMTAyNTE1MC4xNTYwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 07:10

So what specifically is "the system" stopping some of you from doing that you wish you could do?

That's a nice leading question that sounds like it was formulated by a "fan" of the system to prove that it's great (feel free correct me if I'm wrong).

Let's turn it around: What specifically could one do to change "the system"? Also a leading question, and the answer is obvious: Vote. Except that we are voting between douches and turd sandwiches, or in other words: We can vote within the system, but not whether to keep the system. That is out of the question.

So to answer your leading question: The one thing we wish we could do but cannot is to abolish the system. 

Posted By: Archisorcerus
Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 07:25
GJCs-Xvsbc-AACEy-D

-------------

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 07:38
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

GJCs-Xvsbc-AACEy-D
Very Zen. I like it!

-------------

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 07:54
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

GJCs-Xvsbc-AACEy-D

Yes, that's part of my strategy (the stoic mindset). The other part is that I am still aware of the problem, and I'm not sweeping it under the rug. 

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 09:30

You're still not getting my main point: As long as these comments do not lead to any actions, "the system" does not care. That's why I jokingly said "dictatorship 10.0". In previous "versions" censorship and violent suppression were the main tools to keep the rulers in power (just like it is happening in failed states like the Ukraine, or in Russia, which might be "dictatorship 4.0"). The more modern versions are beyond that. Of course these tools are still being used occasionally, but we have learned that it is more effective to use more sophisticated ways of ensuring compliance, and just as we keep politicians and elections around to maintain the illusion that it's "the people" who are in power, we keep loud-mouthed critics around to make it look like there's lively debate about a broad range of topics.

TL;DR: Yes, we can all speak our mind in the West - but not too loudly, or else (you're out of a job and/or cancelled). And occasionally we get to choose between a douche and a turd sandwich. Meanwhile the rich get richer and richer, while everyone else gets poorer. Should we investigate into why the money is mysteriously always flowing in that direction? No, that would be crazy-talk. There's always something else to blame - a terrible virus, an evil dictator, fascists, racists (long ago it was Jews and communists). But it's NEVER those who keep getting richer.  
I don't know about you but I have seen and heard a lot of talk about the riches getting richer and how this is a problem and how they have too much power in a democracy. And I have seen candidates and parties on ballot papers that stood for such thoughts.  And then I have seen people protesting against "Covid dictatorship" and getting lots of press coverage, and I have seen people making a lot of noise about how the USA is worse than Putin and really the war is the Americans fault. And these people are on ballots, too (I'm not in the US obviously Wink). They don't normally win, but then in Hungary a friend of Putin wins elections and in Italy an elected minister says "the voting people (of Russia that voted for Putin) are always right". Of course Orban and the right wing friends of Putin on one side and those who want to redistribute wealth or radically change the transport, agricultural, industrial system for reasons of climate change and the like are very different people, all operating more or less openly in a system that you don't think deserves to be called "democracy".

I do get you are saying that all this is not a problem for "the system" as long as "the system" can keep going regardless. Elections are fine as long as people to vote to endanger the system, and this is actually in line with what people think who see themselves as democrats and defend the Western democractic system, namely that democracy has to defend itself and laws will stop parties and candidates that actively aim at overthrowing the system. To what extent can Western democracy accommodate and handle its opponents? This is actually a big issue because these opponents exist and they do make some noise, and if we asked how the best possible democracy should look like, chances are even this will have to take some measures to protect itself. I for one do not rely that the majority of the people will always support the system, whether it deserves to be called a democracy or not.  You seem to rely on this, but then you would *not* call it democracy even if the majority of people supports it.  

It is rather obviously *not* the case that all these things cannot be said. Your postings on this seem to be somewhat ambiguous to me as sometimes you state that dissenting opinions are not a problem but sometimes you seem to be saying they are, or that people don't have access to the relevant information although not only have I access to all kinds of information and my sources are open to pretty much everyone, also *some* Western media in fact make quite some noise about them. 

I think  I'd probably agree with some and maybe most of your ideals, but the implication of what you write seems very pessimistic whereas I'm interested in what could be done given the structures that we have. I take the degree of freedom of information and exchange that we have over an oppressive dictatorship any day. And I'll be up for compromising because if you want to change something in a democracy you've got to do that (even in something that you'd call democracy). As I wrote earlier, I know people who haven't started a successful revolution, but who have influenced laws and changed things within a parliamentary system, even if these things are maybe too small for your idealism.

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 11:37

You don't comprehend allegories of larger spiritual systems. Every mystery school, every spiritual system, every martial art, every science recognizes the roles of both dark and light and researches all aspects as to navigate the universe under one's own volition. Harry Potter was all subterfuge for spiritual science concepts.

Yeah I thought this discussion would eventually get around to mysticism, 'magic', and other terms for the intentional manipulation of people and events.   Having known several 'witches', it's a destructive seduction and a bad road to go down.   I would avoid it at all costs.

As far as "comprehending larger spiritual systems", I'm a lifelong martial arts instructor (Kenpo, a sino-Japanese style from Okinawa), so you're assuming too much.

-------------

Date Posted: March 21 2024 at 17:29

I don't know about you but I have seen and heard a lot of talk about the riches getting richer and how this is a problem and how they have too much power in a democracy. And I have seen candidates and parties on ballot papers that stood for such thoughts.  And then I have seen people protesting against "Covid dictatorship" and getting lots of press coverage, and I have seen people making a lot of noise about how the USA is worse than Putin and really the war is the Americans fault. And these people are on ballots, too (I'm not in the US obviously Wink). They don't normally win, but then in Hungary a friend of Putin wins elections and in Italy an elected minister says "the voting people (of Russia that voted for Putin) are always right". Of course Orban and the right wing friends of Putin on one side and those who want to redistribute wealth or radically change the transport, agricultural, industrial system for reasons of climate change and the like are very different people, all operating more or less openly in a system that you don't think deserves to be called "democracy".

I'm not going to explore any of the 20+ topics you touched on. But yes, I do not think that the system in the West deserves to be called "democracy". If you think it does, sure, you're welcome to your opinion. We've presented our arguments, everyone can make up their own mind.

I do get you are saying that all this is not a problem for "the system" as long as "the system" can keep going regardless. Elections are fine as long as people to vote to endanger the system, and this is actually in line with what people think who see themselves as democrats and defend the Western democractic system, namely that democracy has to defend itself and laws will stop parties and candidates that actively aim at overthrowing the system. To what extent can Western democracy accommodate and handle its opponents? This is actually a big issue because these opponents exist and they do make some noise, and if we asked how the best possible democracy should look like, chances are even this will have to take some measures to protect itself. I for one do not rely that the majority of the people will always support the system, whether it deserves to be called a democracy or not.  You seem to rely on this, but then you would *not* call it democracy even if the majority of people supports it.  

Not sure what you mean, you are contradicting yourself between the sentences. 

What I'm trying to say is that "the system" is designed, either deliberately or as an emergent property, to tolerate open criticism as you describe it. Think of it as a form of "controlled opposition". 

How do you know whether the majority of people supports it? Imagine that we would, hypothetically, allow people to vote on whether to change it, globally. I'm not so sure that the majority would say "sure, let's keep things as they are. Let the rich rule use and cause bloody mayhem all over the planet, sell us snake oil cures for invented diseases or problems ...". 

But of course at this point I'll say once again that I do not have any practical plan for how to fix "the system". 

It is rather obviously *not* the case that all these things cannot be said. Your postings on this seem to be somewhat ambiguous to me as sometimes you state that dissenting opinions are not a problem but sometimes you seem to be saying they are, or that people don't have access to the relevant information although not only have I access to all kinds of information and my sources are open to pretty much everyone, also *some* Western media in fact make quite some noise about them. 

*Sigh* I'm saying that dissenting opinions are not a "problem" for "the system" as long as it is able to deal with them. In Germany (my country of birth) the current government is a total disaster, there is a lot of open criticism. Yet the ruling elite are in no danger whatsoever of being replaced. Remember the douche/turd trick. In a couple of years, when it's time to vote again, people will have the choice between them and some other persons who will be just as incompetent and/or criminal as they are.

That's a problem FOR ME, and for many others. But "the system" goes on, neither the leaders' incompetence or our criticism of them is any concern.

I think  I'd probably agree with some and maybe most of your ideals, but the implication of what you write seems very pessimistic whereas I'm interested in what could be done given the structures that we have. I take the degree of freedom of information and exchange that we have over an oppressive dictatorship any day. And I'll be up for compromising because if you want to change something in a democracy you've got to do that (even in something that you'd call democracy). As I wrote earlier, I know people who haven't started a successful revolution, but who have influenced laws and changed things within a parliamentary system, even if these things are maybe too small for your idealism.

Well, I currently have a nice life. So I could be perfectly content and ignore that all of this is based on incredible amounts of suffering. Each month thousands of people are dying all over the world to keep our rulers in power. That annoys me, but my stoic mindset helps me to keep focused on the things I can affect. 

I don't know what's worse - an openly oppressive dictatorship or a make-believe democracy. Honesty or comfort? Tough call.

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 07:11

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 07:44
Hi,

So sad to see why the topic is important ... no one can agree on anything ... and as a famous writer once said, "...the country that has most freedoms, uses them the least! "

Instead we bicker and disagree on everything. Oh well ... c'est la vie!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 07:51

Yeah I thought this discussion would eventually get around to mysticism, 'magic', and other terms for the intentional manipulation of people and events.   Having known several 'witches', it's a destructive seduction and a bad road to go down.   I would avoid it at all costs.

As far as "comprehending larger spiritual systems", I'm a lifelong martial arts instructor (Kenpo, a sino-Japanese style from Okinawa), so you're assuming too much.

I can only assume how you present yourself. Martial arts is a physical art primarily albeit with a mental componant. The mystical arts encompasses the non-physical phenomena. Why is all this mysticism relevant in a so-called political discussion? Because manipulation of the spiritual realms is very much a part of the control system. The term witch and warlock and sorcerer only refer to those who have mastered the art of manipulating the subtle energetic fields that constitute the human condition. The elites are basically dark psychologists who have guarded secret knowledge and used it to their own advantage. What were the witchhunts all about of the past? Basically it was to extinguish any competition of power structures that were fighting to liberate humanity from the clutches of those who wish to control us in every way. None of this is new in the least. The hunting down of the Cathars and other groups who were a threat to the Vatican's global domination has been in play for millennia and continues to this day. The world government is in fact a black magic system and this is fairly obvious once you dig into the multiple disciplines it requires to comprehend the big picture. Democracy is merely a word that has been used as political terminology to connote humankind's desire for self-autonomy, free of interfering masters however many fail to recognize how a democracy can be hijacked simply because the greater laws of physics and spirit sciences have been withheld from the masses and supplanted by toxic religiosity. It's a sad state of affair, this planet Earth right now but the universe operates like a pendulum and the darkness inevitable becomes day. The fact that things like witchcraft have been deemed evil only proves that those who use these subtle forces of nature against us have succeeded in convincing us that what they practice against us is in fact evil for us to use. There's no such thing as magic, only technologies that have not been sanctioned by the new religion of "scientism" which eschews the true scientific method in order to promote a desired agenda through cherry picking one possible hypothesis out of many. If we truly desire to experience a true democracy then we must close the gap between the power differential between those who have amassed all the power through keeping us from understanding our true nature and the majority who has simply become ossified in a childlike state completely dependent on a father figure called daddy government. As someone who engaged in ecological sciences and environmentalism it became clear upon further deep dives that all the problems have already been solved and what stands in our way of virtually every problem is a handful of power hungry hegemonists who have access to the greater knowledge and those who don't. A true democracy can only function if every participant is on an equal playing field with no faction having a tactical advantage over the others. That has never been the case and remains woefully so to this very day.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8686924f8864cfd5',t:'MTcxMTExNDU5NS44NTYwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();
< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 11:10
Oh, well. I thought I wouldn't react to your posts, but this kind of gibberish has to be contradicted.

From an earlier post:
Quote For those who delve into these conspiracy facts, there is really no debate about the veracity of it all. Only those who have not yet familiarized themselves with it will display skepticism.

So, "conspiracy theories" have become "conspiracy facts". That's a very transparent way of "trumping" the audience... But this is especially a well known strategy of conspiracy theorists: stating that someone who didn't do the "adequate research" or hasn't "familiarized themselves" with all the "knowledge " available cannot understand "the" (i.e. "our") truth and will thus "display skepticism". Thus actually claiming "I'm always right, whatever you say".

Quote The world government...
There is no world government.

Quote The world government is in fact a black magic system and this is fairly obvious once you dig into the multiple disciplines it requires to comprehend the big picture.

This is hilariously ridiculous and can not be verified nor falsified, because it's based on nothing than quicksand. However, the classic conspiracy theorist strategy is then to make believe that one has to "understand multiple disciplines" in order to know that it should be true: a real pseudo-science tactic to exclude all dissension or to qualify dissension as "you have not gone into those multiple disciplines enough to understand". Duh.

Quote Democracy is merely a word that has been used as political terminology to connote humankind's desire for self-autonomy, free of interfering masters however many fail to recognize how a democracy can be hijacked simply because the greater laws of physics and spirit sciences have been withheld from the masses and supplanted by toxic religiosity.

Another statement that is hilariously ridiculous: no knowledge from the natural or human sciences has ever been withheld from "the masses", because that knowledge generally preceeds its political implications. It can be that scientific experiments have been classified, but the scientific knowledge never was!

Quote It's a sad state of affair, this planet Earth right now but the universe operates like a pendulum and the darkness inevitable becomes day. The fact that things like witchcraft have been deemed evil only proves that those who use these subtle forces of nature against us have succeeded in convincing us that what they practice against us is in fact evil for us to use. There's no such thing as magic, only technologies that have not been sanctioned by the new religion of "scientism" which eschews the true scientific method in order to promote a desired agenda through cherry picking one possible hypothesis out of many.

Other than the gibberish... So, just above you claim that "The world government is in fact a black magic system" and now you claim that "there is no such thing as magic...".

Apart from that, you claim that there is a "true scientific method". I've said it before, but scientists who claim to have or pursue "true" scientific methods should be disqualified from being called scientists: there is no such thing as "true science", other than religion or other kinds of believe systems (like conspiracy theories). At the same time you disqualify the "dominant" sciences as "scientism" and adopt your "true scientific method" as the only valid alternative... Really? You think that is a "true" scientific" attitude? I don't think so.

Quote If we truly desire to experience a true democracy then we must close the gap between the power differential between those who have amassed all the power through keeping us from understanding our true nature and the majority who has simply become ossified in a childlike state completely dependent on a father figure called daddy government.

Well, I wouldn't describe it in this way, but here we have probably some understanding: I agree that those who have been in power have been mostly at the service of the other - economicly - powerful. That is, I think that policies in our (Western) democracies have mostly priviliged the elites (stakeholders, big companies, aristocracies, according to the contexts/countries) instead of priviling the citizens. Economy has been the guiding principle in our - capitalist - democracies, where democracy should, in my opinion, find a good balance between economic interests and the interests of the populations. That, I think, is what democracy should be about: a balance between private and public interests.

So, yes...
Quote A true democracy can only function if every participant is on an equal playing field with no faction having a tactical advantage over the others. That has never been the case and remains woefully so to this very day.

...but we can have the ideals and hope to better this, no? Through democratic means, I mean, because personally I don't believe that autocratic, plutocratic, oligarchic, anarchic or other dictatorial systems would be preferable.

Democracy is maybe teetering, that doesn't mean that we have to give it up...

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 12:04
^

Scientific knowledge has been suppressed.  I'm a biologist/RN.  I've seen scientific knowledge suppressed.  I can explain the actual science that was/is suppressed. Science has been suppressed at least since Galileo. 

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 12:21

Oh, well. I thought I wouldn't react to your posts, but this kind of gibberish has to be contradicted.

From an earlier post:
Quote For those who delve into these conspiracy facts, there is really no debate about the veracity of it all. Only those who have not yet familiarized themselves with it will display skepticism.

So, "conspiracy theories" have become "conspiracy facts". That's a very transparent way of "trumping" the audience... But this is especially a well known strategy of conspiracy theorists: stating that someone who didn't do the "adequate research" or hasn't "familiarized themselves" with all the "knowledge " available cannot understand "the" (i.e. "our") truth and will thus "display skepticism". Thus actually claiming "I'm always right, whatever you say".

Quote The world government is in fact a black magic system and this is fairly obvious once you dig into the multiple disciplines it requires to comprehend the big picture.

This is hilariously ridiculous and can not be verified nor falsified, because it's based on nothing than quicksand. However, the classic conspiracy theorist strategy is then to make believe that one has to "understand multiple disciplines" in order to know that it should be true: a real pseudo-science tactic to exclude all dissension or to qualify dissension as "you have not gone into those multiple disciplines enough to understand". Duh.

Quote Democracy is merely a word that has been used as political terminology to connote humankind's desire for self-autonomy, free of interfering masters however many fail to recognize how a democracy can be hijacked simply because the greater laws of physics and spirit sciences have been withheld from the masses and supplanted by toxic religiosity.

Another statement that is hilariously ridiculous: no knowledge from the natural or human sciences has ever been withheld from "the masses", because that knowledge generally preceeds its political implications. It can be that scientific experiments have been classified, but the scientific knowledge never was!

Quote It's a sad state of affair, this planet Earth right now but the universe operates like a pendulum and the darkness inevitable becomes day. The fact that things like witchcraft have been deemed evil only proves that those who use these subtle forces of nature against us have succeeded in convincing us that what they practice against us is in fact evil for us to use. There's no such thing as magic, only technologies that have not been sanctioned by the new religion of "scientism" which eschews the true scientific method in order to promote a desired agenda through cherry picking one possible hypothesis out of many.

Other than the gibberish... So, just above you claim that "The world government is in fact a black magic system" and now you claim that "there is no such thing as magic...".

Apart from that, you claim that there is a "true scientific method". I've said it before, but scientists who claim to have or pursue "true" scientific methods should be disqualified from being called scientists: there is no such thing as "true science", other than religion or other kinds of believe systems (like conspiracy theories). At the same time you disqualify the "dominant" sciences as "scientism" and adopt your "true scientific method" as the only valid alternative... Really? You think that is a "true" scientific" attitude? I don't think so.

Quote If we truly desire to experience a true democracy then we must close the gap between the power differential between those who have amassed all the power through keeping us from understanding our true nature and the majority who has simply become ossified in a childlike state completely dependent on a father figure called daddy government.

Well, I wouldn't describe it in this way, but here we have probably some understanding: I agree that those who have been in power have been mostly at the service of the other - economicly - powerful. That is, I think that policies in our (Western) democracies have mostly priviliged the elites (stakeholders, big companies, aristocracies, according to the contexts/countries) instead of priviling the citizens. Economy has been the guiding principle in our - capitalist - democracies, where democracy should, in my opinion, find a good balance between economic interests and the interests of the populations. That, I think, is what democracy should be about: a balance between private and public interests.

So, yes...
Quote A true democracy can only function if every participant is on an equal playing field with no faction having a tactical advantage over the others. That has never been the case and remains woefully so to this very day.

...but we can have the ideals and hope to better this, no? Through democratic means, I mean, because personally I don't believe that autocratic, plutocratic, oligarchic, anarchic or other dictatorial systems would be preferable.

I give you credit for even responding to this nonsense. I myself would rather not justify such nonsense by even offering a response to it, as spewing this nonsense eventually comes back to bite the tin foil mind that dwells in it.

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 16:52

I don't know what's worse - an openly oppressive dictatorship or a make-believe democracy. Honesty or comfort? Tough call.
There is little comfort in democracy these days and you can see that all over the world. You mention Germany. I'm born there, too. Comfort? Are you joking? Democracy is a mess, and many can't handle it anymore. The idea that "the system" controls everything and everything else doesn't matter on the other hand is a rather simple one, comforting if you want, as you just can throw negativity at everyone who takes responsibility and puts themselves forward to not only do something but stand for being voted on it, while you don't need to take responsibility yourself for anything that happens. And what is your model of an "honest" dictatorship? Putin and his "elections"? Thank you very much. I prefer a system in which George Carlin can talk and have a career.  

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 18:30

From an earlier post:

If you deny patents and public documents that are admissible in every court of law in the friggin world as "theories" then YOU ARE A REALITY DENIER

EVERY nation state adheres to the same legal system governed by the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code). This supersedes any nation state's ability to implement many changes therefore it IS a government that governs all others. Guess what. Every nation signed onto the UCC therefore if they do not adhere to its regulatory system then THEY GET SUED! Duh

Do you know what black magic is? You watch too much Hollywood crap and probably think it's Anton LaVey. Black magic a system of DECEPTION. You can easily discern reality from fiction simply by going to Black's Law Dictionary and start reading definitions of words. They ACTUALLY mean one thing while we THINK they mean another. You wear your ignorance on your sleeve quite well and display your lack of ability to comprehend nuances. Duh

Oh you are so blind! Actually there are MILLIONS of things hidden from humanity. Have your heard of classified info? The government has millions of documents that are classified and that means NOBODY without the highest clearances can access them. Classified info also includes patents that have been deemed "dangerous" to national security or the global financial system. There are dozens if not hundreds of examples of technologies and scientific breakthroughs that have literally been expunged from the public records.  Try reading some encyclopedias before the 1860s and see how different they are from what they tell us now. You'll be quite surprised.

Once again you fail to distinguish nuances and connote one example as referring to everything. And given your statements here also have no tangible references to what would make this crystal clear so you are basically embarrassing yourself with your inability to decipher specific meanings of words that refer to certain subsets of society. If you can't comprehend the difference between "scientific method" and "cherry picking controlled studies and suppressing the rest" then you have clearly never delved beyond what the lamestream media tells you. Try reading some actual medical journals for once and see how it differs from what's broadcasted to the mainstream. Here in the US in 1980 we passed something called The Baye-Dole Act which set up a committee to determine what will receive public funding for scientific research. If it's not conducive to the economic system that keeps the status quo humming along then the it will not receive a single dime. Indie scientists often find swat teams confiscating their lab and research if they happen to stray too far from the status quo. There are many well documented incidents. Too many to count. You missed the entire point. Si vous ne comprenez pas correctement l'anglais, quelqu'un doit-il vous expliquer cela en français ?

So, yes...
[quote]A true democracy can only function if every participant is on an equal playing field with no faction having a tactical advantage over the others. That has never been the case and remains woefully so to this very day.

There will NEVER be a true democracy because there will NEVER be a level playing field. Some people are stronger, more intelligent and born with unthinkable wealth that can buy them every possible mechanism for suppressing others. Add to that a small percentage of the population are clinically diagnosed as psychopaths or sociopaths and feel no empathy for others. Given that many of the elites who control the world are richer, smarter, better connected and have the wealth to implement their will AND many of them are sociopaths so where exactly does this childish hope stem from? Now talk about the ultimate self-delusion of the greatest magnitude. DUH

Why even bother responding when everything apparently goes over your head?

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Mark Twain

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'868a9d393dd715a8',t:'MTcxMTE1Njk4NS44NjcwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 18:44

I give you credit for even responding to this nonsense. I myself would rather not justify such nonsense by even offering a response to it, as spewing this nonsense eventually comes back to bite the tin foil mind that dwells in it.

And you are another hopeless dreamer with your head in the clouds dismissing anything you haven't investigated thoroughly. You are the perfect example of someone who refuses to look at validated evidence because it would change your world view and call it "nonsense" simply to justify your inability to tackle complex topics. Despite the fact it's been verified by courts, military tribunals and verifiable via public documents and patents, it's still all nonsense. Sounds like you're just another REALITY DENIER.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Mark Twain

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'868a7341d9ca7acd',t:'MTcxMTE1NTI2Ni45MzAwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 23:33
^ The UCC is not a global system though. Ermm

Date Posted: March 22 2024 at 23:35

There is little comfort in democracy these days and you can see that all over the world. You mention Germany. I'm born there, too. Comfort? Are you joking? Democracy is a mess, and many can't handle it anymore. The idea that "the system" controls everything and everything else doesn't matter on the other hand is a rather simple one, comforting if you want, as you just can throw negativity at everyone who takes responsibility and puts themselves forward to not only do something but stand for being voted on it, while you don't need to take responsibility yourself for anything that happens. And what is your model of an "honest" dictatorship? Putin and his "elections"? Thank you very much. I prefer a system in which George Carlin can talk and have a career.  

Twisting my words again, thanks a lot. Cheers. With your framing skills, you should become a politician!Clap

EDIT: And thank you for providing an example for how "the system" protects itself. Smile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk