Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your fave Miles Davis Fusion albums?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 07:02
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

But it looks to me like Miles' fusion work is less popular around here than I imagined.
I think many here knows In a Silent Way, Bitches Brew and not much more.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 07:49
Hi,

I can't say, honestly, that I listen to Miles for any "fusion" whatsoever ... you go for Miles, because IT IS MILES and you appreciate his ability to do whatever comes to mind at any time and place in his music.

The individuality is what makes it for me ... not the "fusion". For me, all music is some kind of "fusion" anyway!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 08:19
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I can't say, honestly, that I listen to Miles for any "fusion" whatsoever ... you go for Miles, because IT IS MILES and you appreciate his ability to do whatever comes to mind at any time and place in his music.

The individuality is what makes it for me ... not the "fusion". For me, all music is some kind of "fusion" anyway!
The "Fusion" here basically means "Electric Miles". As Miles himself famously said to Nancy Reagan
-
"Well, I've changed the course of music five or six times. What have you done except f**k the president?"

-meaning it's not about our favorite be bop, modal jazz or post bop-Miles albums, although those obviously "fuse stuff" too. So did Les Baxter and Martin Denny, but they are not Fusion with a capital F. We're discussing the period when he changed the course of music starting around 1968-1969 - which lasted till his (temporary) retirement, in 1975. Which I'm sure you already know.

Edited by Saperlipopette! - November 22 2022 at 08:42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12