Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 20:12
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Aside from Mitch, who will stay on, any outgoing Senators will get the last laugh.And hell hath no fury like scorned women and Republican senators.

flipping the bird on the way out the door?  I could see that LOL

perhaps they know the ship is sinking.. so why bother trying to save it.  The White House gone.. the Senate pretty much gone (AZ,CO,ME,NC + any others)

so why not.. 

to be honest.. I didn't think that of responsible adults.. but it is the GOP we are taking about here hahah

that said.. as i've said before..  i never have.. never will lose a minute of sleep over this.

Repubians have made great error in predicating what they thnk the court would do..  I think Democrats are doing the same.

even if a pick got rammed though.. that still leaves Roberts and Gorsuch in the middle

would be a 3-2-4

and with years to come of Democrats  filling the vacancies to come

to me Steve.. far too many unknowns.. and false assumptions on how the court MIGHT act to really worry about it.. and with a balance that can change in a heartbeat.

Edited by micky - September 18 2020 at 20:14
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 20:18
Mitch's push to get this through in the next 45 days screams "DONNIE'S GONNA LOSE, WE GOTTA MOVE WHILE WE STILL HAVE A BREATH LEFT !"
Otherwise, why would he care? He's got 4 more years...right?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 20:28
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Aside from Mitch, who will stay on, any outgoing Senators will get the last laugh.And hell hath no fury like scorned women and Republican senators.

perhaps they know the ship is sinking.. so why bother trying to save it.  The White House gone.. the Senate pretty much gone (AZ,CO,ME,NC + any others)

so why not.. 

to be honest.. I didn't think that of responsible adults.. but it is the GOP we are taking about here hahah

that said.. as i've said before..  i never have.. never will lose a minute of sleep over this.

Repubians have made great error in predicating what they thnk the court would do..  I think Democrats are doing the same.

even if a pick got rammed though.. that still leaves Roberts and Gorsuch in the middle

would be a 3-2-4

to me Steve.. far too many unknowns.. and false assumptions on how the court MIGHT act to really worry about it.. and with a balance that can change in a heartbeat.
  Thanks again for keeping me from an attack of the vapours.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 20:30
yeah... but I'll believe he has 50 votes when I see it.

Susan Collins for example.. signs her death warrant in November by supporting this move...as do any of the 4 currently trailing but with still a chance to win...

and she is not the only one...

and this might just tip the scales with others.. in tight but still leading races. Not everyone is blind to what really happened in 2018. I just dont' see McConnell having the support to do this regardless of 'we will f**k the libtards on the way out the door' mentality...

too many cushy jobs and easy careers at stake here.. and i think McConnell will be hearing that from from his caucus in the hours and days to come. 

and besides...  always look at the bright side.. I mean what is this REALLY about...  yep

Roe v. Wade.  Worst that can happen.. they overturn that. So what does that really mean... women do not lose the ability to choose.  The states merely have the right to decide...

and the counter to that..   easy...

make it law.. that freedom to choose.. make it Federal Law.. take it out of the hands of the Supreme Court.. and that which would happen..  probably right after the Voting Rghts Act, and DC and the PR get statehood bills get passed in  early 2021.

Edited by micky - September 18 2020 at 20:32
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 20:48
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

so why not.. 

would be a 3-2-4

Thanks again for keeping me from an attack of the vapours.  

Heart always at your service my dear... calling it as I see it

seems an easy call to me.. but with suicidal bat sh*t crazy Repiublicas and their moronic supporters at the table.. it is hard to call things as they should be when one side is completely detached from the reality we all can see.

you know.. making smart politically savvy moves.. its hard when the other side in addition to wanting to f**k libtards as a theri main and only reason seemingly for existing....also seems to want to make my analysis worthless and put egg all over my face hahah

oh if not for those videos of me in my crazy youth still out there in circulation via favoite ex's (Micky + black dresses/karokee/Jack Daniels/weed = political suicide) 

I would have been a good politician I thinks... LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 20:55

Thanks again for keeping me from an attack of the vapours.  [/QUOTE]

Heart always at your service my dear... calling it as I see it

seems an easy call to me.. but with suicidal bat sh*t crazy Repiublicas and their moronic supporters at the table.. it is hard to call things as they should be when one side is completely detached from the reality we all can see.

you know.. making smart politically savvy moves.. its hard when the other side in addition to wanting to f**k libtards as a theri main and only reason seemingly for existing....also seems to want to make my analysis worthless and put egg all over my face hahah

oh if not for those videos of me in my crazy youth still out there in circulation via favoite ex's (Micky + black dresses/karokee/Jack Daniels/weed = political suicide) 

I would have been a good politician I thinks... LOL
[/QUOTE]  I appreciate your thoughts, seriously, even though I was jokingly referring to "the vapours."  Sometimes I just need to take a deep breath and wait and see what happens.  But it was very jarring today to see that, before RBG's body is even cold.  The man (and many other of his ilk) just lack a conscience.  
Yeah, those old videos of past behaviour can be difficult when one comes into the public eye, lol!

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 21:13
yeah i know what you are saying... sentimentality and respect have long been lost to the passings of Supreme Court justices..

I mean I admit it... that piece of sh*t Scalia wasn't cold before Raff and I were partying.. we weren't the only ones.  I'm sure tonight is a eventful night for underaged boys and pool boys in GOP circle tonight..  it is likely a party going on haha

it comes with the position I guess.... you live and die by the partisan sword you took for yourself... and what that court has nearly become...

all the more reason out of the lot of them.. I respect Roberts the most.. he (and I think Gorsuch is following him) are firewalls to the left and right ideologies that threaten.. really threaten.. to delegitmimize the court.

that has been Roberts greatest fear.. and I think Gorsuch is in the shadows with him.. but might be forced more into the open as a swing vote if a pick does get rammed through.  Institutionalists.. not personal ideologues (regardless if they fall on one's perceived notion of right.. or wrong)

you know.. simply interpreting the law..  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 21:26

yeah i know what you are saying... sentimentality and respect have long been lost to the passings of Supreme Court justices..Throughout our whole society.  Being raised partially by my Victorian grandmother, I have good manners.  There are just some things that are in too much bad taste for me to stomach.  

I mean I admit it... that piece of sh*t Scalia wasn't cold before Raff and I were partying.. we weren't the only ones.  I'm sure tonight is a eventful night for underaged boys and pool boys in GOP circle tonight..  it is likely a party going on haha Previous statement notwithstanding, I do have quite a bit of gallows humour and irreverence at my disposal.  

it comes with the position I guess.... you live and die by the partisan sword you took for yourself... and what that court has nearly become...

all the more reason out of the lot of them.. I respect Roberts the most.. he (and I think Gorsuch is following him) are firewalls to the left and right ideologies that threaten.. really threaten.. to delegitmimize the court.

that has been Roberts greatest fear.. and I think Gorsuch is in the shadows with him.. but might be forced more into the open as a swing vote if a pick does get rammed through.  Institutionalists.. not personal ideologues (regardless if they fall on one's perceived notion of right.. or wrong)

you know.. simply interpreting the law..Which seems like it should be cut and dried, but I know Jewish scholars are still arguing over the details (in the religious sense).  And then you add in more modern mores and values and it gets more confusing (potentially).  Which is why we need balance and why our country was founded on the principals of  democracy and balance of powers, and the separation of church and state.  
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 21:30
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

And the rat b*****d McConnell has already done it....https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/politics/congress-fight-rgb-seat/index.html

No one should be surprised by this.

We (as a collective whole) need to stop being surprised by moves like this. After four years of what is happening, I never want to see the word 'shocked' by any political move from the right. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 21:32
Not shocked, but saddened.  
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 21:47
^ Sorry, I mean that more of a general populace comment, as opposed to referencing you directly. I figured you weren't shocked (it was being discussed at the time). 

anyone for court packing if the dems take the presidency and senate? 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 21:51
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

^ Sorry, I mean that more of a general populace comment, as opposed to referencing you directly. I figured you weren't shocked (it was being discussed at the time). 

anyone for court packing if the dems take the presidency and senate? 
  Oh, I didn't take it personally.  No worries.
As far as "court packing," I just think that the majority of Americans are more for the slightly more liberal viewpoints. That electoral college kind of throws a wrench into majority rules.  But there it is.  
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2020 at 22:58
I hate to spoil the party but all the players will be in office until January 2021. Including all those who are voted out.

Edited by SteveG - September 18 2020 at 23:06
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 00:17
Yes, I'm quite puzzled by this 2-month period. I'm sure there's some logic behind this somewhere, but it just seems like an open invitation to scorched earth tactics.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 03:20
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Mitch McConnell is an honorable man.

To quote from the speech of Anthony in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar": "So are they all, all honourable men".

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 05:54
Yeah, somehow you can tell that William Shakespeare wrote his work before the USA existed.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 06:54
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Yeah, somehow you can tell that William Shakespeare wrote his work before the USA existed.

Unless he was being sarcastic. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 07:40
I woke up this morning and hoped that this was all a bad dream. it wasn't.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 08:27
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Unless he was being sarcastic. 

It is definitely meant to be sarcastic. Anthony wants to stir up a riot, and right from the beginning of his speech he repeatedly calls Brutus, Cassius and the other of Caesar's assassins "honourable men". Towards the end of the speech the angry crowd shouts "They are traitors! Honourable men"!

Here a little excerpt as an example:

"O masters, if I were disposed to stir
Your hearts and minds to mutiny and rage,
I should do Brutus wrong, and Cassius wrong,
Who, you all know, are honourable men:
I will not do them wrong; I rather choose
To wrong the dead, to wrong myself and you,
Than I will wrong such honourable men".

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 12:45
Humanity can certainly do without monsters like Ginsburg, who was  a supporter of the incredibly gruesome partial birth abortion.
But  I am not going to cheer her death with ponening a beer for this occasion, I am not a pathetic leftist little loudmouth who celebrated the death of Justice Scalia on these boards a few years ago...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 434>