Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 13:21
Seems to me that you're a pathetic rightest. No one I know would celebrate anyone's death. It's just more wishful thinking to justify the rightwing's warped love of all that the right embraces. Starting with rascism and going up from there.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 13:36
Somebody needs to return to Sunday school, as he has apparently forgotten many of his lessons.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 13:40
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Somebody needs to return to Sunday school, as he has apparently forgotten many of his lessons.

Given that affliction seems to affect alot of people on the right, perhaps its not about religion at all. Ying Yang
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 13:40
Originally posted by Norbert Norbert wrote:

Humanity can certainly do without monsters like Ginsburg, who was  a supporter of the incredibly gruesome partial birth abortion.
But  I am not going to cheer her death with ponening a beer for this occasion, I am not a pathetic leftist little loudmouth who celebrated the death of Justice Scalia on these boards a few years ago...
No, what humankind could use worldwide is protection of women's rights from troglodytic knuckle draggers who throughout history believed they had the right to tell women they could not make decisions on what to do with their own bodies. My suggestion to those medieval minds would be to castrate themselves, or better yet, make castration a law for males who cause unwanted pregnancies, who rape, or who cause incest. That way, women no longer have to worry about unnecessary pregnancies or pregnancies that endanger their health. 

And when they drag those offending males off to surgery, I will laugh when they simper and moan about the unfairness of the system, and the injustice of being forced to do something against their will.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 13:41
Yes, such brotherly love from the religious right.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 13:51
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Humanity can certainly do without monsters like Ginsburg, who was  a supporter of the incredibly gruesome partial birth abortion.
But  I am not going to cheer her death with ponening a beer for this occasion, I am not a pathetic leftist little loudmouth who celebrated the death of Justice Scalia on these boards a few years ago...
No, what humankind could use worldwide is protection of women's rights from troglodytic knuckle draggers who throughout history believed they had the right to tell women they could not make decisions on what to do with their own bodies. My suggestion to those medieval minds would be to castrate themselves, or better yet, make castration a law for males who cause unwanted pregnancies, who rape, or who cause incest. That way, women no longer have to worry about unnecessary pregnancies or pregnancies that endanger their health. 

And when they drag those offending males off to surgery, I will laugh when they simper and moan about the unfairness of the system, and the injustice of being forced to do something against their will.

I was just wondering, where's Greg when you need himLOL?
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:02

Just to inform you about so-called "partial birth abortion":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intact_dilation_and_extraction

Take special notice of the fact that it is not an accepted medical term and on the commonness of this special kind of abortion (0,17% of all abortions in the USA).

Edited by BaldFriede - September 19 2020 at 14:09

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:02
Don't worry Raff, we are all just reacting to a very trying circumstance. We'll get over it.

Edited by SteveG - September 19 2020 at 14:23
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:29
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Don't worry Raff, we are all just reacting to a very trying circumstance. We'll get over it.

Not worried at all. It was a joke between me and Greg (The Dark Elf). As I have lived here for the past 12 years, I am also at least partially affected by RBG's passing, and hope things won't get even worse than they are now. Yesterday I saw a photo of an anti-mask demonstration that took place in Rome a couple of weeks ago, showing a pro-Trump sign held high. It's also in Europe's interest to see the end of this disastrous administration.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:41
Yes, American styled nationalism is taking off in Europe. If that makes any sense. Lol
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:45
ummm..  they perfected right wing nationalism Steve-O..even Brexit got in before Trump... we're a pale facimile of our blame assigning, f**k em and kill them..goose stepping Euro bretheren...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:46
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe" (Albert Einstein).

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:47

I woke up this morning and hoped that this was all a bad dream. it wasn't.

funny.. I woke up this morning.. in the same place we've been for the last 4 years...

and with a song in my head..

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 14:52
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

ummm..  they perfected right wing nationalism Steve-O..even Brexit got in before Trump... we're a pale facimile of our blame assigning, f**k em and kill them..goose stepping Euro bretheren...
Yes, reminds me of when I was on a guided tour of East Berlin which was mostly military parades and grand statues. As the troops goosed stepped by, the cheerful narrator pointed out to us that the nazis did not invent the goose step, they stole it from the Soviets.
He seemed quite proud to point that out.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 15:11

I know Micky, but these European nationalists were wearing MAGA hats.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 15:26
Ah time to open that second bottle of Drambuie. What were we talking about again?
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 15:28
The funny thing is that those people in Europe wave Trump flags, but would run screaming into the night if they got a taste of the average Republican policies, especially as regards healthcare. Anyway, not surprised at the post we are all discussing... Just look where the author is from.

Another funny thing is calling RBG a "monster", when she was a very good friend of Scalia. I swear, the whole world is going crazy!

Edited by Raff - September 19 2020 at 15:29
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 15:35
Yes these poeple think that politians here all want to poison each other, like those in Russia.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 15:46
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I was just wondering, where's Greg when you need himLOL

As you know, I have a daughter in college. She has been raised to be an independent thinker and to rely on her own talent and skills. She has every right to make decisions regarding her health and her life, and not be overruled by some decrepit fundamentalists spewing bronze age mythological nonsense.

I know Micky, but these European nationalists were wearing MAGA hats.

There were thousands of American Nazis and Nazi sympathisers during Hitler's reign of terror. Charles Lindbergh, for instance. Sh*t not only floats, but it sticks together. Which is why it's so hard to get off the bottom of your boot.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 16:24
Yes, but the Nazis were not wearing FDR caps and buttons. A bit of a different dymanic I should think

Edited by SteveG - September 19 2020 at 16:24
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 434>