Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My New Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New Blog
    Posted: March 28 2022 at 13:22
Given that this was initiated by a PM exchange with one of PA’s esteemed admins, I trust that the great and the good will allow me to announce to the (prog) world that I have, after much thought, decided to set up my own blog site, where I will, in future, publish my reviews and not here on Prog Archives.

The site is at www.lazland.org.

There are only a couple of album reviews at the moment, but one of them you will not see on PA because nobody wanted to add them to the site. In addition, there are book reviews, including Mark Kelly’s autobiography, and my top ten list for 2021.

It has taken me quite a bit of time to set this up and get it to something like the format I wanted (difficult as a bit of a technophobe), and I intend to update it with new reviews and new content at least twice weekly.

So, enjoy. Comments from PA colleagues are welcome. Just PM me - I will put some other contact details on the site shortly, including on Facebook. This will be an organic thing as I am still very busy with my day job and hectic social life, but I am pretty excited about it. Ego is a wonderful thing!

Enjoy!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 13:58
^ Looks good! I'm not one who reads many reviews (not here not elsewhere), but I hope your blog will be read by many. Plug it here when there is something new! I also hope you will remain active here, because your contributions on these forums are much valued and appreciated.
Beer

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 14:25
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

^ Looks good! I'm not one who reads many reviews (not here not elsewhere), but I hope your blog will be read by many. Plug it here when there is something new! I also hope you will remain active here, because your contributions on these forums are much valued and appreciated.
Beer

Thank you, Kees. Yes I will carry on posting here. I just wanted the freedom to review and comment under my own rules and nobody else’s.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 14:44
Best of luck Steve. I will try to drop by when I get a spare minute and I will also put a link to your blog on JMA.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 20:25
Hi,

I'm looking up Mark Kelly's book now ... 

Many books reviewed, and check this link, and it has 3 sections, the bottom one being books of interest. The site also includes over 500 foreign film reviews with about 150 of them I have to redo by taking away the old settings.

https://pedrosena.com/musicreviews.htm

BTW, shouldn't the blog be moved to the BLOG section? I had not even thought about that, since it is not exactly a blog, but I suppose that all those reviews would make it a "blog" ... but I'm not sure that this site is as interested in film, theater and the musicians as artists.

Edited by moshkito - March 28 2022 at 20:27
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 20:47
Looks great so far. Will you be adding a comment section, or is that too labor intensive (given trolls, spam and what not)? Would have loved to drop a line. Congratulations!

P.S. My nearly-dear certainly-departed ex-wife is from Valetta.

Edited by The Dark Elf - March 28 2022 at 20:50
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 00:13
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Best of luck Steve. I will try to drop by when I get a spare minute and I will also put a link to your blog on JMA.

Thanks John. I really appreciate that.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 00:21
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Looks great so far. Will you be adding a comment section, or is that too labor intensive (given trolls, spam and what not)? Would have loved to drop a line. Congratulations!

Thanks, Greg. I will be adding a “contact me” link probably at the weekend, mainly for artists wanting stuff reviewed, but also for anybody wanting to say anything about a review & etc. As far as a general comment section is concerned, so like a forum, that will require a lot more thought on my part. I will probably start adding a humorous “news of the week” section, but in terms of political comment I need to be very careful given my occupation and the fact that my name is on the site. Accepting some of the trolling comments that we see on PA, for example, could land me in some trouble, so I will probably keep it to the email address link and publish comments from friends such as yourself after I have had the chance to view them first (I know I don’t need to with you, but you take my point).

I didn’t realise you had been married to a Maltese lady. That photograph on my site is one of perhaps my favourite place in the world and where I want to spend far more time when I retire in a couple of years.
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 06:10
I'll check your site out, Steve! Hope it will be like this (see the image):

The Honesty Bookshops in Hay-on-Wye, Wales
FO-c-Hj0-X0-A0cgs-F

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 06:29
^ We have an honesty bookshop like that in my village too, although not quite on the same scale as Hay-on-Wye. It only has one small shelf of books. Unhappy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 07:02
Here is my blurb for your site. It is a 'sticky topic' in our General Music section. 'Sticky' of course means it stays at the top of the list, it does not mean what some of you are thinking.
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29543&title=new-progressive-rock-review-site

Edited by Easy Money - March 29 2022 at 07:02
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 08:29
Good luck Steve, and smooth sailing.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 09:45
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Thanks, Greg. I will be adding a “contact me” link probably at the weekend, mainly for artists wanting stuff reviewed, but also for anybody wanting to say anything about a review & etc. As far as a general comment section is concerned, so like a forum, that will require a lot more thought on my part. I will probably start adding a humorous “news of the week” section, but in terms of political comment I need to be very careful given my occupation and the fact that my name is on the site. Accepting some of the trolling comments that we see on PA, for example, could land me in some trouble, so I will probably keep it to the email address link and publish comments from friends such as yourself after I have had the chance to view them first (I know I don’t need to with you, but you take my point).

I didn’t realise you had been married to a Maltese lady. That photograph on my site is one of perhaps my favourite place in the world and where I want to spend far more time when I retire in a couple of years.
I think you are on the right track here. Nobody likes trolls and political propaganda.

Edited by Easy Money - March 30 2022 at 18:07
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2022 at 13:51
Updated tonight with Tull and BBT reviews, plus a contact button if anybody wants to reach me.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2022 at 13:54
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

I'll check your site out, Steve! Hope it will be like this (see the image):

The Honesty Bookshops in Hay-on-Wye, Wales
FO-c-Hj0-X0-A0cgs-F

I love that. Hay on Wye is simply divine.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2022 at 16:39

Given that this was initiated by a PM exchange with one of PA’s esteemed admins, I trust that the great and the good will allow me to announce to the (prog) world that I have, after much thought, decided to set up my own blog site, where I will, in future, publish my reviews and not here on Prog Archives.

There are only a couple of album reviews at the moment, but one of them you will not see on PA because nobody wanted to add them to the site. In addition, there are book reviews, including Mark Kelly’s autobiography, and my top ten list for 2021.

It has taken me quite a bit of time to set this up and get it to something like the format I wanted (difficult as a bit of a technophobe), and I intend to update it with new reviews and new content at least twice weekly.

So, enjoy. Comments from PA colleagues are welcome. Just PM me - I will put some other contact details on the site shortly, including on Facebook. This will be an organic thing as I am still very busy with my day job and hectic social life, but I am pretty excited about it. Ego is a wonderful thing!

Enjoy!
Very cool my friend and kudos to you for doing this, quite an undertaking I am sure. Will go and check it our for sure Thumbs Up
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2022 at 00:21
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Enjoy!
Very cool my friend and kudos to you for doing this, quite an undertaking I am sure. Will go and check it our for sure Thumbs Up

And I can confirm that the “Contact Lazland” button works! Thanks José!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2022 at 09:21

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Enjoy!

And I can confirm that the “Contact Lazland” button works! Thanks José!
Handshake
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2022 at 11:54
Updated with interviews with Three Colours Dark, Panic Room, Edison’s Children, and Sylvan. In addition, real ale of the week and news of the week.

Next album reviews, hopefully uploaded tomorrow, will be Nordic Giants and Toundra.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2022 at 14:34
 Updated with the start of a new project to list my top ten albums for all years. 2021 completed tonight, and will look to do this at least once a week until I get to 1969. There are links to tracks and I have included reviews.

New book review, The Best Catholics In The World, real ale of the week, and a sports news post re Tiger.

Presently listening to new TFK, Tangerine Dream, and The Foxholes to review in the next week, I hope.

Bloody hard work this blog malarkey!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>