Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Collaborative music project ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2024 at 16:36
I seem to have some experience in the Space Rock (got added to PA today) so I'm all up for this!
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2024 at 17:05
Originally posted by Megistus Megistus wrote:

Originally posted by Valdez1 Valdez1 wrote:

Im Game!

You can email me the drums as a wav. file because I use NCH Mixpad.  Or send them as working files 

(I might be able to open em.)

It would be nice if you could make a separate Wav. for your drum tracks, and a separate wav. for your layered music.  Just the two.      

If you send the whole mix as a wav. I can work with it too, but there is not a whole lot of room left.

I spied a little magic in your style at 3:00 to 3:35 or so, Maybe I could expound on that nice riffing there.

It would be fun.

New to this thread. Was active here many years ago and just came back!
Looking to collaborate in some way.

[email protected]   My Name is Rick.

Hey Rick!  Do keep us all informed of what you do with this tune. I'm happy to contribute guitar and/or mixing skills.

Hi Megistus!   I just made some quick place marks and sound samples. Thanks for the welcome.  This is a fantastic and difficult composition. Hoping I can contribute a bit. 

I took a copy of the YouTube vid and put few sample piano notes on the song to see if he's interested in the style, sound and placement...  just a quick sample!!  By no means a project work... Mainly to see if THE STYLE & PIANO SOUND is what he envisions. His song moves in many directions in 4 minutes.  I would need a few days to practice and get into it to lay down something I'd be content with. I didn't work on levels or anything... You can play it here...

I only had an hour. I believe I can make it nice!  I just need to hear the song many times more to get the feel for the changes and keys. lol ...  Out of time today... Ill work on it tomorrow if MortSaulFan Wants to proceed.

Edited by Valdez1 - February 15 2024 at 12:15
Megistus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megistus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2024 at 19:10
Thanks for sharing that, nice piano sound! Here's my short jam session with it....

I agree there's some interesting progressions in there. Melting pot of different stuff -- the keys seem to suggest a funky vibe, whereas the horns are more ethereal (love those horns, what a sound!). Be nice to create contrast between the two.

Anyway, I'm not sure at this stage if we're taking just the drums or if the horns/keys/bass are available as stems... be good to hear MortSaulFan's thoughts on all this.

I had a fun jam this evening anyway :)
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2024 at 19:58
Megistus!   That was awesome! I’m honestly thinking that this track would work better with guitar than piano…

The bass seems finished to me. There needs to be more air in the track but it will sound good with guitar on top. Piano might be a bit much. Where did he get the horn sounds? I’ll work on it some more for fun tomorrow.

Edited by Valdez1 - February 14 2024 at 20:07
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2024 at 20:22
Megistus… I have a track that I played guitar on abysmally and would love a better player … are you interested? You are talented. I’m ok with you just playing alongside my wav. And then mixing the two togetheri. You would have to listen to the track as is. Then I could send you a guitar free file.   It’s kind of a silly avant- jazz track.
Megistus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megistus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2024 at 21:07

Megistus… I have a track that I played guitar on abysmally and would love a better player … are you interested? You are talented. I’m ok with you just playing alongside my wav. And then mixing the two togetheri. You would have to listen to the track as is. Then I could send you a guitar free file.   It’s kind of a silly avant- jazz track.

Hey, thanks for the compliment. I don't mind taking a look and see if i can contribute something, send me a PM :)
GUD77 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUD77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2024 at 12:08
I just added some drums to Dreams of Eastern Snow, O had some spare time today so I figured id just try jaming a bit too it. Didnt really know what I was doing in part 2 but I liked part 3, I think if you extended that with some synths it could be a real good.

Had some trouble lining the drums up with the track and its not mixed at all so it sounds a bit weird imo. LMK what you guys think
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2024 at 23:57
I like how the drums sound especially on part 1. It reminds to a track that I really like: "Tsunami" by the Dutch band "35007". I think this part should be extended.  
On part 3 I was thinking about some bass to harmonize the guitar. I'll try to do something during the weekend.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2024 at 13:54
I've added organ to track #3, but just to give an idea about what I have in mind. Hopefully a propr keyboardist will join to replace it.

My bass is broken. I must replace a wire.
GUD77 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUD77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2024 at 11:39
Hey, just checking in but it seems were putting this thing on hold. I'm still down if someone else has any ideas, just a shame we didn't get too far.
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2024 at 12:01
Oh yes. I'll see if I can contribute something later today, I've been busy working on my second album.
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2024 at 08:30
Good to see this thread still alive
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2024 at 07:10
I've got a 12 string, and I know how to use it, which track do you think would work with 12 string the best?

VA7synth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA7synth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2024 at 09:11
I want to collaborate, anyone up for it? 
Megistus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megistus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2024 at 09:14
Hey folks, been away from this for a while (time constraints!)... but really like the new contributions :)

re the 12 string... maybe song #1 in the main groove after the intro?

rhythm chords are D, G, D, C

I might be a while before I can make any more meaningful contributions, but I'll try to find some time...

certainly not 'on hold' in my mind... but there's no rush either, right??
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2024 at 09:30
Originally posted by VA7synth VA7synth wrote:

I want to collaborate, anyone up for it? 

Sure, I can PM you the link to the first song, we're working over on Bandlab

Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2024 at 00:06
Hey Megistus. Thanks for the help on my stuff. sounds great.  I tried to sing on one and it may or may not have worked out. vocals are hard to mix.   It's at bandcamp called 'The Waves'.  have a laugh!  
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2024 at 10:15

Hey Megistus. Thanks for the help on my stuff. sounds great.  I tried to sing on one and it may or may not have worked out. vocals are hard to mix.   It's at bandcamp called 'The Waves'.  have a laugh!  
Ok Bandcamp, but which page?
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2024 at 13:08
Hi all, is this project dying?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2024 at 13:21
I hope not, I've been crazy busy recently. Life happens, I keep meaning to add stuff to at least one of the songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>