Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karnataka New Album "The Gathering Light" Released
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKarnataka New Album "The Gathering Light" Released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karnataka New Album "The Gathering Light" Released
    Posted: December 08 2009 at 04:38

Karnataka are very pleased to announce that a strictly Limited Edition (1000) signed gatefold digipak + 10 page booklet of the new album "The Gathering Light" is available to pre order at the Karnataka online shop NOW!

The standard jewel case  CD release will be available from all online & major record shops early 2010.  

For some teaser tracks & all the latest band info & tour dates check out the bands main site, MySpace & Facebook pages!

Clap

trip999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 14:48
A review of the new album from Karnataka "The Gathering Light" can be found here:

According to the bands Facebook page the album is currently at the pressing plant and should see a release towards the end of January 2010! Tongue

trip999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 17:22

"...British Prog Rock doesn't get better than this......this is KARNATAKA..." Rick Wakeman Feb 2010

Rick Wakeman featured the track Your World from the brand new studio album The Gathering Light on his Saturday Planet Rock show.

ClapTongueClap
lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 18:18

I am curious, did Karnataka release any good album, among all my review Karnataka is the worst rated (I gave indeed the album with butterflies one star), and said to myself that I won't listen to this uninspired music anymore.

"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
trip999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 17:09
"I am curious, did Karnataka release any good album, among all my review Karnataka is the worst rated (I gave indeed the album with butterflies one star), and said to myself that I won't listen to this uninspired music anymore"

Well, that's the beauty of music Forums like this everyone can voice an opinion Smile

I find it a bit sad that someone would not listen to a band at all anymore because of a previous release or performance they didnt like. Confused

I've seen countless bands over the last thirty five odd years, some have always made me want to see or hear more, some have made a fantastic album or given an absolutely stellar live show then the next tour I've seen them they have been been absolutely terrible! That said, I can honestly say I have never written a band off completely & never wanted to hear them again. I guess I'm pretty open minded like that. 

As far as Karnataka goes I only got into them through the live album then went back though there previous work some of which I enjoyed, some I found was not to my taste. Live I saw them once with the old line up & three times so far with the new!

IMO the "New" band is a completely different band to the old one both live & on CD in sound & production & personaly for my taste, a hell of a lot better than previously... but still, it's only my opinion...quite nice that Rick Wakeman has the same one though Wink

Peace,
Trip

lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 17:24
Originally posted by trip999 trip999 wrote:

I find it a bit sad that someone would not listen to a band at all anymore because of a previous release or performance they didnt like. Confused

I am not sado-masochistic, if i don't like a band I will not force myself to listen to it.

I listened to this album on the basis of good reviews (probably the highest rated in their discography) and I was disappointed. I expected folk prog in accordance with their label, and I only heard uninspired AOR (AOR can be good but not here). I also was terribly disappointed by the side project of the vocalist.
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 05:59
I liked The Gathering Light a lot more on the second listen. Really enjoyed what I've heard so far (I only have this and The Delicate Flame Of Desire).

E
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 07:13
I really enjoyed the gathering light cd, more rock and less folk then i had expect from them.Clap
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 19:53
Absolutely love Strange Behaviour so am looking forward to reading some reviews of this and possibly buying.  With a whole new lineup, who knows but Mr. Jones certainly took his time and hopefully that means he did it right.

Edited by johnobvious - February 17 2010 at 19:54
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
 Post Reply Post Reply