Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZut un Feu Rouge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zut un Feu Rouge
    Posted: October 28 2010 at 06:57

I discovered this Swedish band after I had been intrigued by the name and they soon became a favorite of mine. Despite obvious similarities with Henry Cow, Debile Menthol or Etron Fou Leloublan, they are seldom mentioned as a major RIO act, in fact there's currently no review for them on the site. 

Their music takes you to unusual places and does it in a way that is pleasant to the ears, never hurrying things and always keeping a strong (RIOtively-speaking) focus on the melody. I don't understand a word of Swedish but listening to them never fails to make me smile. There is something humorous and warm about their music. The way the instruments interact is tight and imaginative, and odd too, sometimes I'd think they're playing and singing in reverse mode.

My best experience was listening to them in a cold Belgian airport at 4 am waiting for a bus that would not come before 8 am. They sure sparkled my night... Star

I would recommend the Explain this Country compilation as it combines their 2 studio albums (both of which are rather short) and the Sju Sovare suite which is at least as worthy of hearing as the studio material.

Edited by mosni lamf - October 28 2010 at 06:58
-Hitler was a vegetarian.
-Bring me coffee or tea.
-Why don't you eat carrots?
-Eat that question.
lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 17:29

Zut je ne les connais pas

"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 19:39
I remember this band from the eval charts of the RIO team, always been meaning to look into them.  Thanks for the reminder, going to order this now.
 Post Reply Post Reply