Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 13:43
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Originally posted by Sumdeus Sumdeus wrote:

god, progmetaller, I truly hate your opinions on KC :P

The Yes Album for me here, I dig the other two but their not on the same tier for me, although Lizard comes close. But Yes Album is my favorite Yes record.

god, progmetaller, I truly hate your opinions on KC :P 

can i ask why????
I don't think Mr. Sumdeus chose the right words. I think what he meant was that he hates your guts. And nobody around here likes anybody else's guts, especially when it comes down to arrogance and mockery of somebody else's favorite band/artist. Stern Smile Plus, I don't understand the purpose of your condescending quote.

If you (or anyone else) can't put up with honest opinions which are critical of your favourite band, I respectfully suggest that you don't visit the site. No band has a monopoly on admiration. I also do not like King Crimson's music at all and will say so whenever the issue arises if I feel it to be appropriate. Noone on here has the right to censor the views of others. I've recently seen reviews of some Steve Hackett albums (and others) with which I have disagreed vehemently, but you cannot pick and choose the taste of those who post. Tastes differ; live with it.

What IS unacceptable is to descend into personal abuse of someone over their musical taste; anyone who lowers themselves to that level has no place here.
I understand that and I agree with everything you said, but none of it has to do with what I was meaning to deliver. It's one thing to say something. How you say it as another thing. What I was trying to deliver here is that it's never a good idea to rub attitude against other people. Again, some things are better left unsaid. There is absolutely no need to rub it in with a multitude of threads and force people to tolerate it.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 28 2012 at 13:44
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 13:55

^ Yeah, but you have to have to have to have to have to have to hold some criticism in check. Some things are better left unsaid. You don't see me dancin'-n'-prancin' 'round, going "Rush blows four characters", do you?

you can say whatever you want about any artist. Plus, My opinions should be of no importance to you
Then don't make them look like they are, like you did in the OP. Everyone's opinion is of equal importance. No need to rub it in with several threads.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 14:06

^ Yeah, but you have to have to have to have to have to have to hold some criticism in check. Some things are better left unsaid. You don't see me dancin'-n'-prancin' 'round, going "Rush blows four characters", do you?

you can say whatever you want about any artist. Plus, My opinions should be of no importance to you
Then don't make them look like they are, like you did in the OP. Everyone's opinion is of equal importance. No need to rub it in with several threads.

I'm not looking like I am Stern Smile And my opinion should be of no importance, who cares what I have to say. If the majority of people like a certain band then they like a band
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 14:45
^ You are not looking like you are ... what?

Anyway, I've made my point clear about rubbing your opinion in our faces. My whole idea was that it just wasn't necessary to start three-four threads with that. This is a people's forum. Yes, you don't like KC and Fripp; we get it. I don't like In the Wake of Poseidon, but I don't go about the forum, shouting it in every thread. 

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 28 2012 at 14:47
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 15:41
Welcome to the Dayvenkirq-PM2112 Discussion Thread. 

You may look, but please do not touch. Disturbing the animals while they compete could be disastrous and is strongly discouraged. This process is natural but the length and extent of it cannot be predetermined. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 16:51
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 16:57
I can imagine you falling to the ground in unbearable pain.
It was just that hilarious, wasn't it?
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 17:13
^ No, that was actually my Animal Planet impression.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 28 2012 at 17:26
snowsnow View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 06:18
The Yes album - by a mile.

Don't like King Crimson and Nursery Cryme is far too patchy. I think Yes hit their stride with this one - Genesis wouldn't until Foxtrot (IMHO)
QuestionableScum View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 11:50
Lizard with the Yes Album as a close second.

Nursery Cryme is very uneven, and even though I am not a huge fan of Yes, the Yes album is quite solid, but not as awesome as Lizard.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 15:56
The Yes album, Nursery Cryme, (some great songs but suffers from really bad production) and 
Lizard--a KC snoozefestLOL
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 19:23

I don't think Mr. Sumdeus chose the right words. I think what he meant was that he hates your guts. And nobody
around here likes anybody else's guts, especially when it comes down to
arrogance and mockery of somebody else's favorite band/artist. Stern Smile Plus, I don't understand the purpose of your condescending quote.
nah I truly meant his opinions, just something about this part of the OP made me lol"Cirkus-***** 5 Stars Great SongIndoor Games(feat, Stewie Griffin)** Off beat guitars and instruments are lameHappy Family** sound the same as Indoor GamesLady Of The Dancing Water***** another great songLizard*** fails as an epic"I
dunno, just find it really comical to imagine someone writing off
something like Indoor Games as "off beat instruments are lame" or Lizard
as simply "fails as an epic", whatever that mean. it reminds me of those reviews you find every once in a while where you just feel like the person listening was just searching for any possible reason to dislike something, like a doom metal review that starts with "i never 'got' doom metal or why they play slow"@Hercules I don't think Dayvenkirq is upset that someone doesn't like
KC, pretty sure his issue is with progmetaller's condescending attitude

But that's how I hear the music and I'm not gonna hold it back. I'm gonna lett loose the criticism no matter who the artist isStern Smile

As a matter of fact I quiet agree with the song "Lizard" failing as an epic. It doesn't quiet sound like a unified song to me, it rather sounds like 4 songs that follow the same toppic. Plus, I only like the first 2 parts, the last 2 are rather boring.
ten years after View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 20:53
A hard choice between The Yes Album and Nursey Cryme.  The Yes Album has 4 all tiime classic tracks and NC only 2. 

However, the other tracks on NC are mostly very good.

Also, the Yes Album tracks all have better versions on Yessongs with the result that I rarely listen to the studio album.

In the end I can't make up my mind so no vote.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 22:39
The Yes Album, my favorite album of theirs.It does things for me the others don't.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 00:15
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I don't think Mr. Sumdeus chose the right words. I think what he meant was that he hates your guts. And nobody
around here likes anybody else's guts, especially when it comes down to
arrogance and mockery of somebody else's favorite band/artist. Stern Smile Plus, I don't understand the purpose of your condescending quote.
nah I truly meant his opinions, just something about this part of the OP made me lol"Cirkus-***** 5 Stars Great SongIndoor Games(feat, Stewie Griffin)** Off beat guitars and instruments are lameHappy Family** sound the same as Indoor GamesLady Of The Dancing Water***** another great songLizard*** fails as an epic"I
dunno, just find it really comical to imagine someone writing off
something like Indoor Games as "off beat instruments are lame" or Lizard
as simply "fails as an epic", whatever that mean. it reminds me of those reviews you find every once in a while where you just feel like the person listening was just searching for any possible reason to dislike something, like a doom metal review that starts with "i never 'got' doom metal or why they play slow"@Hercules I don't think Dayvenkirq is upset that someone doesn't like
KC, pretty sure his issue is with progmetaller's condescending attitude

But that's how I hear the music and I'm not gonna hold it back. I'm gonna lett loose the criticism no matter who the artist isStern Smile

As a matter of fact I quiet agree with the song "Lizard" failing as an epic. It doesn't quiet sound like a unified song to me, it rather sounds like 4 songs that follow the same toppic. Plus, I only like the first 2 parts, the last 2 are rather boring.

thank you for agreeing not many people have the balls to admit this, others will obviously get hurt by it Davyenkirq(cough!!)
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 00:59
^ That's not true. Everyone here has enough balls to admit what they like and what they don't like. Regardless of what most of the people here thinks I don't have a problem admiting that Supper's ready or The Lamb doesn't impress me too much. That's my opinion and you have yours, it's not math, no right or wrong. I hope you'll get that sometime.
Raccoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 01:20
I'm tempted to choose Lizard (also, stunned at how few voted for Lizard!!)

Genesis is my favorite band (but Nursery Cryme isn't among my favorites from the band), The Yes Album is one of my favorite Yes albums (every song is amazing--Starship Trooper is breathtaking), but Lizard, oh Lizard... Many are ripping on Indoor Games and Happy Family, but these are amazing compositions!! Super interesting, unique (how could you not love that quiet, weird break on Indoor Games at 2:18?!) .. Sure, the beat is a strange one, but KC itself is an acquired taste, is it not?

Lizard took me years to acquire the taste, but lately it's been my most played KC album. Gotta vote for that crazy Lizard! Beer
      Check out my FREE album: A one-man project   The Distant Dynasty

https://distantdynasty.bandcamp.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 01:53

thank you for agreeing not many people have the balls to admit this, others will obviously get hurt by it Davyenkirq(cough!!)
I'm sorry, but a part of this sentence does not make sense. Get hurt by what? Why is the pronoun followed by a proper noun at the end of the sentence?

As for the cough, ... see a doctor.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 30 2012 at 01:57
HarbouringTheSoul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 05:34

Oh yes, I'm sure Dayvenkirk disagrees with you only because he's too chicken to admit that you're right and not because... oh, I don't know... he actually likes "Lizard"? You obviously seem to think that what you say is "edgy" and "provocative" when it fact it's just rude and annoying. You're free to have your own opinion and voice it, but you can do it without pissing everybody off.
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 07:10
Nursery Cryme gets my vote since it is my favorite Genesis album, although The Yes Album is excellent. Lizard is pretty good, especially Cirkus, but overall Gordon's voice just doesn't jibe with me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>