Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hackett Selling England/ Spectral Mornings??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallaceWard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hackett Selling England/ Spectral Mornings??
    Posted: February 15 2020 at 15:29
Has anyone seen a recent review of this tour, especially the order of the two albums played? ( I can't sit for very long, and won't mind missing S. Mornings.) 
thanks
ForestFriend View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestFriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 16:49
Not sure if he's changing anything for the 2020 dates (looks like he starts that portion of the tour later this month), but according to the setlists from the 2019 shows, he played Spectral Mornings (not actually the full album, but highlights) for the first set, and Selling England (the full album) started the second set.

I haven't seen him since 2010 (which was a very enjoyable show by the way - and this was before he started focusing heavily on Genesis material), so I can't comment on his current tour.
zeuhl1 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
RPI Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeuhl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2020 at 18:15
I saw one of the last shows of the tour before it was canceled. Here is the setlist:
  1. Set 1:
  2. (acoustic trio version)
  3. (without ending section)
  4. Set 2 (Selling England by the Pound):
  5. (Genesis song)
  6. (Genesis song)
  7. (Genesis song)
  8. (Genesis song)
  9. (Genesis song)
  10. (Genesis song)
  11. (Genesis song)
  12. (Genesis song)
  13. Encore:
  14. (Genesis song)                                                                                                                                                      The best bit was Hackett before Deja Vu where he said 'this was a song that was supposed to be on Selling England but "it was replaced by a *ahem* Phil Collins song. I got outvoted, even Gabriel voted for the Collins song."  He shook his head and they launched into an amazing song that never got finished during the sessions. Let's just say that it would impress any Genesis fan of the era. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2020 at 02:13
Originally posted by zeuhl1 zeuhl1 wrote:

The best bit was Hackett before Deja Vu where he said 'this was a song that was supposed to be on Selling England but "it was replaced by a *ahem* Phil Collins song. I got outvoted, even Gabriel voted for the Collins song."  He shook his head and they launched into an amazing song that never got finished during the sessions. Let's just say that it would impress any Genesis fan of the era. 
If only they'd known the trouble that the Collins song would cause on PA, they might have voted differently.
 Post Reply Post Reply