Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rating abuse??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 18:24
I have deleted the Seven Impale Summit ratings, one of which was from the hugely prolific dannyb. I would rather additions not be added before, say, a day before the official release or add it on the day, and have raised those concerns before. People had concerns such as adding early helps to promote the albums and this site as well as the promo copies thing, and PA not being behind, but I did not tend to share those concerns. What we really great is if the album could be added in advance, and it could be in a list of coming to PA, and then would be scheduled to automatically be added on the day of release. But I guess I'm dreaming when it comes to this less sophisticated site. It feels silly to so often have to delete ratings, and we have done a lot of them, because albums get added early. But I guess free manpower so who cares? ;)
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 23:16
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I have deleted the Seven Impale Summit ratings, one of which was from the hugely prolific dannyb. I would rather additions not be added before, say, a day before the official release or add it on the day, and have raised those concerns before. People had concerns such as adding early helps to promote the albums and this site as well as the promo copies thing, and PA not being behind, but I did not tend to share those concerns. What we really great is if the album could be added in advance, and it could be in a list of coming to PA, and then would be scheduled to automatically be added on the day of release. But I guess I'm dreaming when it comes to this less sophisticated site. It feels silly to so often have to delete ratings, and we have done a lot of them, because albums get added early. But I guess free manpower so who cares? ;)

True, such situations rub ne the wrong way. maybe it's just me. We rarely know if such ratings or early reviews are legit or something shady is happening. 
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2023 at 00:24
This is not rating abuse by any means BUT, it seems like @Umbilicalsyllables uses the Progarchives star rating mechanisim the same way as the YouTube likes and dislikes (1 star = 👎 ; 5 stars = 👍) and doesn't yet understand the PA rating conventions. :p This actually made me chuckle a little. xDDDD

Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2023 at 00:33
That would be considered abuse at RYM. At TYM I would reduce the trust rank of  the user, since it skews the averages.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2023 at 00:47
^^ well, it looks like abuse, so admins should look into this. 

Edited by Cristi - June 14 2023 at 00:47
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2023 at 17:52
The Chronicles of Father Robin release that comes out in September already has a rating.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - June 29 2023 at 17:54
newdawnofprog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdawnofprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2023 at 23:06
TCOFR box set was released on June 23, and of course it features all 3 albums. Karisma records will start to release the albums one by one starting September 15th.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2023 at 01:32
Thinking about rating the band 20% lower for having agreed to such a twisted marketing scheme ...

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - June 30 2023 at 01:33
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2023 at 02:09
Originally posted by newdawnofprog newdawnofprog wrote:

TCOFR box set was released on June 23, and of course it features all 3 albums. Karisma records will start to release the albums one by one starting September 15th.
According to PA, the box set will be released in October. The only release so far, according to PA, is the single "Twilight Fields".
newdawnofprog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdawnofprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2023 at 02:23
You can check out their page, they have posted all of the informations about the release dates. Only thing available now is the box set, while other formats of the book 1- digital, CD and vinyl will be released on Karisma in the fall. Cheers.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2023 at 05:48
^ This is rather confusing. Confused Anyway, I just updated the page.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 01:11
This user gives entire discographies either 1 star or 5 five stars. Weird... Confused
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 09:08
Yeah he's listened to Swans discography enough to give everything one star
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 09:32
^ and ^^

He joined this site on 9/30/2021 and his last visit was on the same day so he just joined, quickly rated those, then left. I will delete them.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 09:34
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^ and ^^

He joined this site on 9/30/2021 and his last visit was on the same day so he just joined, quickly rated those, then left. I will delete them.

Thumbs Up
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2024 at 00:09
What do you think of this user?

Nearly 16,000 ratings and like 99% of them are 5 stars

Strangely the stats saw last visit 6/24/2015 yet many ratings for new albums

Totally confusing

Rating abuse? I doubt this user has really listened to all these given the ratings

4 stars*SHELS Laurentian's Atoll(rating only)
5 stars*SHELS Plains Of The Purple Buffalo(rating only)
5 stars*SHELS Sea Of The Dying Dhow(rating only)
4 stars*SHELS Wingsfortheirsmiles(rating only)
5 stars.O.RANG Fields And Waves(rating only)
5 stars.O.RANG Herd Of Instinct(rating only)
4 stars.O.RANG Spoor EP(rating only)
5 stars10CC ...Meanwhile(rating only)
5 stars10CC 10cc Live in Concert(rating only)
5 stars10CC Alive(rating only)
5 stars10CC Bloody Tourists(rating only)
5 stars10CC Greatest Hits 1972- 1978(rating only)
5 stars10CC Il Grande Rock(rating only)
5 stars10CC King Biscuit Flower Hour(rating only)
5 stars10CC Live And Let Live (rating only)
5 stars10CC Mirror Mirror(rating only)
5 stars10CC The Very Best of 10cc(rating only)
5 stars14 BIS 14 Bis(rating only)
5 stars1980 1980(rating only)
5 stars2112 Alterando Las Divisiones(rating only)
5 stars2112 El Maravilloso Circo De Los Hermanos Lombardi(rating only)
5 stars2112 Glory Lies Ahead(rating only)
5 stars2112 Intro(rating only)
5 stars2112 Nuestro Mejor Fracaso(rating only)
5 stars22 You Are Creating(rating only)
5 stars25 YARD SCREAMER Blacklight(rating only)
5 stars25 YARD SCREAMER Keep Sending Signals(rating only)
5 stars25 YARD SCREAMER Natural Satellite(rating only)
5 stars25 YARD SCREAMER Nemesis(rating only)
5 stars25 YARD SCREAMER Something That Serves to Warn or Remind(rating only)
5 stars25 YARD SCREAMER Until All Are One(rating only)

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'87310d3088619673',t:'MTcxMjkwMjIwOC4yMzcwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Edited by siLLy puPPy - April 12 2024 at 00:10

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2024 at 00:50
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

What do you think of this user?

Nearly 16,000 ratings and like 99% of them are 5 stars

Strangely the stats saw last visit 6/24/2015 yet many ratings for new albums

Totally confusing

I think the date of his last visit applies to a forum visit, not a rating. I've seen this before.
Anyway, this guy must be an excessive music lover if he has listened to almost a quarter of PA's entire album content and a minimum average subgenre rating of 4.77.

Edited by someone_else - April 12 2024 at 00:51
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2024 at 01:51
^ It's ok to just rate one's favorite releases and not bother with mediocre albums, but I really doubt that one could listen to tens of thousands of releases to end up with that many favorites LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234