Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Prog Geeks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Prog Geeks
    Posted: December 14 2022 at 16:31
The Band Geeks:- One of the best prog tribute bands you're ever likely to hear, especially when they have legendary YES frontman Jon Anderson performing classic Yessongs in place of their regular frontwoman. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 15 2022 at 04:18
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2022 at 04:05
YES, it's The Band Geeks again, performing Roundabout, this time without Jon Anderson, but still sounding great! Clap

The Band Geeks are (left to right):- Andy Graziano; Rob Kipp; Andy Ascolese; Richie Castellano; Chris Clark; & Anne Marie Nacchio on vocals.

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 15 2022 at 04:07
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2022 at 04:49
That's a brilliant version of Roundabout, even if it is identical to the original.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2022 at 04:51
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

The Band Geeks:- One of the best prog tribute bands you're ever likely to hear, especially when they have legendary YES frontman Jon Anderson performing classic Yessongs in place of their regular frontwoman. Smile

That's very impressive, not least that Anderson can still sing the end bit of Heart of the Sunrise!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2022 at 08:31
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

That's a brilliant version of Roundabout, even if it is identical to the original.

Here's another classic Yessong that comes Close to the Edge of being almost as good as the original version. Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2022 at 02:49
The Band Geeks cover Siberian Khatru incognito with their faces partially covered. Isn't that Boris Johnson on the drums with his unruly mop of blonde hair? Geek

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2022 at 08:46
Antoine Baril isn't one of The Band Geeks but he is a prog geek and he's better-known as One Man Yes!

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 16 2022 at 11:02
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2022 at 11:27
Turn It On Again! More sensational music from multi-talented, multi-instrumentalist Antoine Baril and this time he's One Man Genesis! And Then They Were One.....

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 16 2022 at 11:29
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2022 at 16:30
YES - Heart of the Sunrise Heart

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2022 at 05:20
A group of young, up-and-coming prog geeks cover Loved by the Sun, the Legendary song by Jon Anderson & Tangerine Dream.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2022 at 06:51
And You & I know this classic Yessong off by heart. Heart

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2022 at 12:14
That's a pretty amazing version of And You And I. I mean, it's pretty much note for note the same as the original but the vocals are great (especially the lead) and I've heard Yes play it worse on many occasions.

This is why And You And I is the greatest prog song of them all. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2022 at 12:34

That's a pretty amazing version of And You And I. I mean, it's pretty much note for note the same as the original but the vocals are great (especially the lead) and I've heard Yes play it worse on many occasions.

Yes, and The Band Geeks' frontwoman Anne Marie Nacchio sounds to me like Jon Anderson singing in a higher octave. Smile

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2022 at 06:45

Yes, and The Band Geeks' frontwoman Anne Marie Nacchio sounds to me like Jon Anderson singing in a higher octave. Smile

Actually it's probably the same key as the original. Another great version though.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2022 at 07:26

Actually it's probably the same key as the original. Another great version though.
Yes, Anne Marie sings in the same key, but in a higher octave. Wink

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2022 at 08:59

Yes, Anne Marie sings in the same key, but in a higher octave. Wink

I doubt very much that it's an octave higher than Anderson.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2022 at 06:24
^ You may well be right.

===============

The Band Geeks cover The Calling by YES, from the 1994 album "Talk" - my third-favourite YES album. Thumbs Up

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2022 at 06:20
You may be wondering by now if The Band Geeks cover any other bands besides YES? Yes, they do. They cover Led Zeppelin too! I'm gonna leave you with this song...

I'm sure Anne Marie is singing in a higher octave than Robert Plant. Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 15:17
Prepare to ascend the Stairway to Heaven as the Prog Geeks have a new album out soon featuring Jon Anderson. Yes, it's True! Look out for Boris Johnson on keyboards in the video below. Well, it's someone with an unruly mop of blonde hair anyway. Tongue

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - May 09 2024 at 15:18
 Post Reply Post Reply