Print Page | Close Window

I don't like Neo Prog, change my mind

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
Forum Description: Discuss specific prog bands and their members or a specific sub-genre
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122644
Printed Date: April 29 2024 at 06:23
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I don't like Neo Prog, change my mind
Posted By: softandwet
Subject: I don't like Neo Prog, change my mind
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 17:55
I am waiting for you...

-------------
So don’t evade the surgeon’s blade
Cos the answer could be in your mind
Maybe one cut and we’ll find
We’re just a wavelength behind

But we are entwined

And I know what you need

Replies:
Posted By: YESESIS
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 18:02
I got nothin.

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 18:21
I don't even know what Neo-prog is.........so no need to wait for me.

-------------

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 18:21
Nah you're right, no need to change.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 18:58
I was not expecting that lmao

-------------

But we are entwined

And I know what you need

Posted By: YESESIS
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 19:02
Originally posted by softandwet softandwet wrote:

I was not expecting that lmao

Don't worry, the neo fans will be here soon enough. Just be patient.

Posted By: dougmcauliffe
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 19:26
Don’t blame you. I like Road Of Bones and Misplaced Childhood and I leave it at that.

-------------
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 19:57
Have you heard Sanguine Hum, The Psychedelic Ensemble, Frost*, Subsignal, or Sylvan?

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 20:14
I rather liked an album included in the Neo-Prog category, Marc Ceccotti's Sometimes Around Saturn, but I'm not a fan of Neo-Prog. It is a divisive genre, but then so are favourites of mine such as RIO and Avant Prog, Krautrock, Kosmische generally, Indo-Prog/Raga Rock and Zeuhl. I don't expect people to like or try to like that which I like, but I am happy when I manage to recommend something that does appeal and am even happier when I get a recommendation that appeals. À chacun son goût. :)

By the way, with the way that you phrased the topic, it can come across like you might not be the kind of person to give Neo-Prog recommendations a fair hearing. Like it's framed as a challenge to others, when I would hope that this is a sincere desire to challenge yourself, which is being approached with an open mind and ears, a booty ready to shake (if that's your thing), and with a positive attitude. Then maybe the recommendations will be more likely to work for you.

I know I like to try to step out of my comfort zone now-and-then. I'm not the one to help, but I wish you all the best of discovery.

EDIT: It would help if you would list, with some diversity, your favourite kinds of music/bands/albums. There is diversity in all of the categories here, and recommendations work best when tailored to a person's individual tastes. At least say something about the qualities of music that you like and don't like, otherwise it's going to be a crapshoot.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 20:18
Honestly, why should we care? Give it a try and if it doesn't float your boat, sail on, amigo!

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Posted By: Awesoreno
Date Posted: April 03 2020 at 20:20
I think the "Neo-Prog" category is becoming a bit of a grab-bag term anyway. There's already sort of a difference in how it's defined here as opposed to on Wikipedia. On Wiki, it includes bands from the 90s symph revival bands like Spock's Beard, Flower Kings, etc. And even on this site, I feel like the lines have been blurred. I listened to albums by Airbag recently, which is listed in Neo-Prog. Sounds NOTHING like any of the other Neo-Prog bands the sub-genre was initially pioneered by. I think it belongs in Crossover to be honest. And that's to say nothing of how bands change over time. The honored progenitors of the sub-genre, Marillion, IQ, Pendragon, and the like, sound very different in the 80s and 90s than they do now. Try comparing Fugazi to F.E.A.R., or Tales From the Lush Attic to The Road of Bones. Almost a different band for each example. I know I'm not really doing anything to change your mind, and I don't really care. Your opinions are yours to keep and I respect your attempts at edginess on this site. But I don't even know how Neo-Prog is defined nowadays.

Posted By: Frenetic Zetetic
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 01:34
Neo Prog? That's the band that did Light Side of The Sun record, correct? Cool

-------------

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 01:44
I generally don't like Neo but I'm a huge Pendragon fan so that would be my recommendation, in the past decade or so they moved away from their classic Neo sound with a fuller and heavier sound, still being melodic and emotional, I advise to go for Pure .

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 03:06
We don't know what Neo-Prog you've heard genius, convince yourself.Ermm

-------------

Posted By: Mascodagama
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 03:14
Well, it's not a genre which is renowned for its obscurity or the esoteric nature of its appeal. People don't generally scratch their head over it for years and then eventually see the light; it's fairly accessible music and what you hear is what you get. If you don't like what you hear then it's probably best to just move on.

-------------
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
http://bandcamp.com/jpillbox" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp Profile

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 03:14
I can suggest : Pendragon, I.Q. , lArena, Marillion etc. but if you don’t like them now, you’re not gonna like them ever.... and

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 04:48
I think I don't like Neo Prog because it is way too outdated and has a very 80-90ish sound : too much clearness, a lack of emotion, a digital sound (not an analogic one). This is definitely not my cup of tea for a 70's prog lover as me but the fact is that I don't dislike 80's and 90's music but I like it punk, so the Neo Prog domain is maybe too Pop for me, too clean. I don't know. But I feel like making a mistake when I see the high ratings of Neo Prog albums such as IQ's, Marillion's or Flower King's.

-------------

But we are entwined

And I know what you need

Posted By: Cristi
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 04:52

I am waiting for you...

I don't have to change your mind about anything music related, we all have different taste, like different things.

Why don't you like neo-prog? What have you listened to that made you dislike it?
Maybe you started with the wrong band, wrong album, some godawful stuff, every subgenre has them.

For example I love Marillion, whether it's with Fish or Hogarth and a few other bands, but I haven't discovered a good neo-prog band in years, these days I just listen to the ones I like and I'm glad when a neo band I enjoy releases something new, like Pendragon did recently.

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 04:56

I think I don't like Neo Prog because it is way too outdated and has a very 80-90ish sound : too much clearness, a lack of emotion, a digital sound (not an analogic one). This is definitely not my cup of tea for a 70's prog lover as me but the fact is that I don't dislike 80's and 90's music but I like it punk, so the Neo Prog domain is maybe too Pop for me, too clean. I don't know. But I feel like making a mistake when I see the high ratings of Neo Prog albums such as IQ's, Marillion's or Flower King's.

we posted in the same time.
Thanks for explaining why you dislike it.

You are making no mistake, it's perfectly fine not to like it, no harm done.

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 05:05
Check out Somewhere but Yesterday by Citizen Cain . It's so good that it's not even labeled as Neo Prog on PA.

-------------
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!

Posted By: M27Barney
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 05:19
Neo prog....bad genre grouping IMHO...however as my old wise grandma used to tell me....
"There are none so blind as those that won't see. ."

-------------
Play me my song.....Here it comes again.......

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 06:24
I’m not a massive fan of Neo, but I love Pendragon, Spock’s Beard and Magenta.

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 06:26
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

When did Spock's Beard become neo prog? Wink

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 06:36
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

When did Spock's Beard become neo prog? Wink
Dunno, I just lump them in with that (silly) sub-sub genre.

Posted By: Passionist
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:10
Personally this has become my all time favourite genre, and I can easily tell, what goes into it and what not, when I'm listening to new stuff.

What I understand is that you've been listening to the cliches that started the genre back in the day. Although most of it is really good stuff and I get back to it again and again, I want to be the one to recommend to actually take a look at what's going on at this very moment.

F.E.A.R was the one album that actually made me leave everything and travel to see Marillion live. They're working on a new album as we speak, too, and I'm sure it'll be brilliant.

Gazpacho hasn't released new material in a while, but there's a new album coming very soon, and their latest is amazingly atmospheric. Give it a spin.

If you do want to check out some new stuff, maybe give This Winter Machine a chance? I know they draw a lot from Marillions (etc.) early work, but have a modern touch and some skills, especially in song writing. They released 2 albums within 2 years and are writing a new one as we speak, if I understood correctly.

So forget the ones with best reviews. The albums have been there for a while now for fanboys to bathe them with praise. That's the problem with a niche genre. Sure they're good too, but I'd suggest checking the newer material. Neo is not just the 80's anymore.

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:17
Gazpacho aren’t Neo by any stretch to me. I have Demon and I will never purchase any more of theirs. I don’t mind it, but I don’t care for it much either.

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:18
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Check out Somewhere but Yesterday by Citizen Cain . It's so good that it's not even labeled as Neo Prog on PA.

I gave up on this band, I remember them being a Genesis pastiche.
I'm gonna give them another chance, see how I feel about them now.

Posted By: Passionist
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:29

Gazpacho aren’t Neo by any stretch to me. I have Demon and I will never purchase any more of theirs. I don’t mind it, but I don’t care for it much either.

I mean, yeah, I think they're fine under crossover, but that's the problem with neo really. It's basically full of old bands that repeat the same songs from the 80's but with a lot of heavy guitar and angst (IQ, Pendragon, Arena, what ever). But if you consider Marillion, after '91 and Holidays in Eden, neoprog, then I think Gazpacho fits in as well as a lot of crossover does. I guess that's why they don't like the term neoprog either.

Man, I used to be a real prog head, but looking at the classifications here, it seems all my bands have been moved to crossover. I'm pretty sure Pure Reason Revolution was neo as well, when their first album came out. That's how I used to find new bands, checking the neo list one by one.

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:38
Personally I consider Neal Morse either Neo Prog or Crossover prog. I think he fits there better than symphonic prog imo.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:44
Originally posted by Passionist Passionist wrote:

I mean, yeah, I think they're fine under crossover, but that's the problem with neo really. It's basically full of old bands that repeat the same songs from the 80's but with a lot of heavy guitar and angst (IQ, Pendragon, Arena, what ever). But if you consider Marillion, after '91 and Holidays in Eden, neoprog, then I think Gazpacho fits in as well as a lot of crossover does. I guess that's why they don't like the term neoprog either.

Man, I used to be a real prog head, but looking at the classifications here, it seems all my bands have been moved to crossover. I'm pretty sure Pure Reason Revolution was neo as well, when their first album came out. That's how I used to find new bands, checking the neo list one by one.
my opinion is they are crossover, like Pineapple Thief and Radiohead. Unfortunately, they are too derivative of these two Crossover masters. Marillion, post-Brave, have become that very Crossover niche of Prog. Naturally, I love it when they stretch out.

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 08:10
Can Phideaux be considered as a Neo Prog band?

-------------

But we are entwined

And I know what you need

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 08:12

no, crossover prog

if you're not sure what neo-prog is, check out the neo-prog page on PA (obviously).

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 08:55

A lack of emotion isn't how I'd describe a lot of Neo-Prog, it can be very dramatic and emotional. I'm a very reserved type of person and am uncomfortable expressing my emotions in public (at this forum I feel a little more comfortable opening up), so the emotionality of much Neo-Prog was rather off-putting to me. And I'm not a big fan of symphonic Prog or most crossover prog, or melodic rock/AOR or arena rock type things, so it wasn't a natural fit.

When you posted, I assumed that you would have tried to explore the PA category quite a bit already, and we'd be looking for more obscure bands and lesser-known albums. Christi mentioned this above, but see: http://www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=18" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=18

Marillion, IQ, Pendragon, Arena, and Magenta are some of the biggest names. Sometimes, as others have mentioned, that which is included in Neo_Prog here I would have thought of as Crossover first -- the categories cross over, as it does with symphonic, heavy prog etc.,that's kind of prog's nature. Like with every category at PA, there is music included that I enjoy (there would be a lot if I took the time).

I suggest going through that Neo-Prog page I linked to above, and check out the top Neo_prog albums chart: http://www.progarchives.com/top-prog-albums.asp?ssubgenres=18&salbumtypes=1&syears=&scountries=&sminratings=1&smaxratings=0&sminavgratings=1&smaxresults=250&x=0&y=0#list" rel="nofollow - CLICK HERE FOR LIST . Then maybe you can tell us which of those bands and albums you've explored. Also,maybe list your top ten favourite bands so that we can find ones that should appeal to the same tastes. I do think it's more up to you to change your own mind if you want to, you do that with research, trying to understand it, and listening to plenty.

While I'm sure given enough time,and that you are a good listener and commenting on the suggestions thoroughly, people could find music you like in the category, that wouldn't make a fan of the category. Well, it could lead to you finding more and more to like. But you have to be willing to put the time and effort into it.Obviously it helps if you already know how it is we define it at this site and know representative of it albums. I actually think it's a category I could like a lot more than I used to think I could (I did explore it quite well, but my tastes were narrower back then, and in fact more experimental/ out there than they generally are now).

Looking at the rateyourmusic Neo-Prog chart: https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Neo-Prog&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=" rel="nofollow - CLICK , I like one of the big names, Twelth Night (I enjoyed Fact and Fiction). EDIT: a reason why I like rate your music charts is because they classify by the album rather than by act -- acts might show a diversity of styles across albums, but at PA we can't label or multi-label albums (except in reviews and bios) and just label bands.

One that was once recommended to me that I enjoyed was The Watch (helped that I like Genesis). My favourite was Discipline in Neo-Prog, but then it got moved to Symphonic Prog. I liked Unfolded Like Staircase, which is Symph, but I guess it's Disciplines debut which might be best described as Neo-Prog. I like various Marillion, and have found IQ that I like....

-------------

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:10
The only advice I would give is to consider the music on its merits, not its sub-genre category on this site.

In terms of the new classification, Marillion ceased being a neo band as long ago as the early nineties, certainly with the release of Brave. Their music sweeps a broad spectrum of intelligent rock music, and an earlier post mentioned FEAR. This is exceptional, and as far away from neo as you are likely to get.

Ditto Pendragon. Until the latest, incredible, release, they had moved into far heavier territory with the past four or so releases. The latest one is simply an emotional tour de force.

For consistent sound, IQ have not moved far from their roots, and if you never did like them, recent releases will not change your mind.

The sub-genre classifications in this site are simply far too narrow to provide you with the depth and breadth of most long-standing artists we have. Again, for example, Floyd. They could never be described as a psych band post Meddle, ever.

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:13

And there is your problem......Who cares!! Do you like Phideaux? If you do then what is the problem? Why insert a musical category buffer that not many people even consider a genre anymore.

So many people lose out on simply sitting down and listen to music without having to FIRST categorize it, then decide if its worthy of a spin.

Honestly, neo-prog is not a genre of music but a period in time and that period has come and gone. 

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:18
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

And there is your problem......Who cares!! Do you like Phideaux? If you do then what is the problem? Why insert a musical category buffer that not many people even consider a genre anymore.

So many people lose out on simply sitting down and listen to music without having to FIRST categorize it, then decide if its worthy of a spin.

Honestly, neo-prog is not a genre of music but a period in time and that period has come and gone. 

I would not say it's gone, otherwise how can anyone explain the rise of Polish neo-prog. Even Riverside were influenced by it earlier in their career, their early albums.

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:18

Right on! 

Softandwet... have you listened to any of the recommendations you were given?

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:31
I'm no expert in Neo-Prog, but I have associated it with certain sounds, rather than just thinking of it as a temporal thing. Looking at rateyourmusic, which has multi-genre tagging for albums (and is very far from perfect as different people make different associations), the first two by Phideaux, Fiendish and Ghost Story are described as Progressive Rock first, then as the lesser categorisation Neo-Prog. Number 7 is described as Progressive Rock, Symphonic Prog first, then as Neo-Prog as the lesser classification. One gets psych as the lesser category on one album. The primary band genres for Phideaux's music at rateyourmusic are Progressive Rock, Symphonic Prog, Art Rock.

Lots of acts cross styles on an individual album, and different albums by an act will be classified rather differently. Diversity is something of a hallmark of Prog, so one can expect Prog artists to bring in various approaches.

Different people make different associations with music, and is is said, nomenclature is the bane of the archivist.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:37
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I would not say it's gone, otherwise how can anyone explain the rise of Polish neo-prog. Even Riverside were influenced by it earlier in their career, their early albums.
I suspect if there is Polish neo-prog, Riverside would know about it. Everything I have read on Riverside and who influenced them always they point to Dream Theater, Rush, Yes, Marillion and a lot of heavy metal like Iron Maiden, Slayer and Black Sabbath. This is what I hear in Riverside's albums, pretty much all of them.

The problem I see with Neo-prog is a large % of bands that got dumped there are no longer there with their new output. So what might be correct to be in Neo-prog is only because of a time frame, neo to me is a forced categorization.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:41
My personal perspective is that it's better to try to classify music on the album or even track level commonly rather than classifying bands, which may well have diverse discographies.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:47
Categories or subgenres or whatever you want to call them are good for figuring out what you like and can give you a rough idea(sometimes very rough)as to what something sounds like. I think sometimes people use it as a crutch though to avoid discovering something they might otherwise possibly be into. I'm guilty of this myself as I tend to stay away from stuff labelled "RIO" or "avant" as well as maybe a few other genres. So it because a matter of convenience but it can be taken too far imo. If you think you might like something listen to it on youtube regardless of how it's labelled here. 

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:58
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

My personal perspective is that it's better to try to classify music on the album or even track level commonly rather than classifying bands, which may well have diverse discographies.
I can follow this rationale much better than the dumping rationale........ie, I Think I'm Going Bald is nothing like The Necromancer.
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 10:08

I can follow this rationale much better than the dumping rationale........ie, I Think I'm Going Bald is nothing like The Necromancer.
LOL

True. And keeping with Caress of Steel, "Lakeside Park" is little like "Bastille Day". Thank you, by the way, you just chose my album to listen to again -- love that album, been too long.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 10:39

LOL

True. And keeping with Caress of Steel, "Lakeside Park" is little like "Bastille Day". Thank you, by the way, you just chose my album to listen to again -- love that album, been too long.
I spun it twice last night....also thanks to another forum and thread on the album. We discussed the awesomeness of the album and that got me in the same mentality as you.

I think of that album and in the context of their whole catalog, I remain amazed. 

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 12:40
Riverside...now there is a mighty fine band...prog metal if you ask me more prog than metal tho....not neo prog...???

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 14:14
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Riverside...now there is a mighty fine band...prog metal if you ask me more prog than metal tho....not neo prog...???

Nobody said Riverside is neo-prog. I said they were influenced by it (big difference) on their early albums, I for one hear Marillion and even IQ on their first 3 albums. That's all.

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 16:00
Okay, after seeing nothing but glowing reviews for the new pendragon album, I just ordered the CD. Perhaps this will change my mind on Neo Prog

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 16:14
I wouldn't order based on reviews unless the descriptions in the reviews make it look like it should be the kinds of music I like (oh, in some categories I love I wouldn't be that worried). I'd be particularly wary if it's in a category that I haven't liked.

I'm commonly more interested in the details of specific reviews (say if it references music I like) than some general sense of them, or quantity.   I'm more interested in the descriptions of the music than how much people like the albums commonly (the descriptions and reference points are what get me interested-- that demonstrates to me if this should be music up my alley).

Also, there are some reviewers I trust more than others because I know we share similar tastes. There is a fanboy mentality often when it comes to reviews of new albums. I made the mistake of getting a few albums that people seemed to be raving about not long before I joined this site, and had only myself to blame when the music didn't at all appeal. I now almost always try to listen before I buy -- well, except when it comes to second-hand vinyls, which I might buy just because of the cover. I have found that you can often judge a book or an album quite well by the cover, contrary to popular cliché.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 16:23
I'm not super picky when it comes to music but I guess i'm taking a risk anyways. It has a good review from BrufordFreak and hes a reviewer I often find myself agreeing with so I figure eh, what the hell. Also, maybe its silly, but If I actually buy a physical copy I find I am more likely to keep re-listening to it even if I don't initially like it as a way to get my moneys worth. So i'm excited to try this band out!

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 16:26
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I'm not super picky when it comes to music but I guess i'm taking a risk anyways. It has a good review from BrufordFreak and hes a reviewer I often find myself agreeing with so I figure eh, what the hell. Also, maybe its silly, but If I actually buy a physical copy I find I am more likely to keep re-listening to it even if I don't initially like it as a way to get my moneys worth. So i'm excited to try this band out!

well, you like Camel, you might enjoy Pendragon's last work.

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 16:37

Now I'm thinking I might give it a try too, but then there are some games for the Switch that I'd rather buy first, including a Breath of the Wild expansion pack. Hmm, games first, Neo-Prog later.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 16:55

Now I'm thinking I might give it a try too, but then there are some games for the Switch that I'd rather buy first, including a Breath of the Wild expansion pack. Hmm, games first, Neo-Prog later.

If its the motorcycle DLC I say 100% go for it

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 17:13

If its the motorcycle DLC I say 100% go for it

It is, the Champion's Ballad, and will do. :)

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 01:00
The last few Pendragon were one spin and no WOW (so in the one spin bin) like the new IQ ...will get the new one for my birthday...

-------------

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 01:05

the early IQ albums (Tales From The Lush Attic and The Wake) were a bit rough ( not clean and polished as you suggest) and there was also a bit of a punk vibe going on with the band. I can't imagine these 2 albums could be described as 'pop'.
After that it did change certainly and there is more polish to the music.

A lot of people don't like Neo Prog and you have explained some of the reasoning.

For me it works well when the vocals are strong and there is plenty of atmosphere. I don't need music to sound 'rough' but I'm wondering that if you don't like music sounding too 'clean' then how do you get on with a lot of prog rock that was made in the seventies? It's not as if ELP, Yes, Genesis or Tull were particularly punkish in any way shape or form.

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 02:38
Soft and wet....you cannot possibly like DSOTM then...😂

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 03:09
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Soft and wet....you cannot possibly like DSOTM then...😂

that's off topic
Dead

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 04:26
Change your mind? Why? Is there something wrong with the one you have? All I know is i was a fan of Marillion with Script For A Jester's Tear and then didn't really follow any albums after that.  We are talking pre-internet days after all. Then a friend I made on AOL reintroduced me to them.  This was after Afraid Of Sunlight came out, which I think is still my favorite.  I really liked Brave as well.  Got to know some of the albums after Script and there are a few I really like and some that are men. I think I may have heard some IQ when AOL had a progressive rock streaming station but they never caught on.  I just recently heard their new 2019 album and I am liking that one a lot.  So if you really want to be convinced, start there. Wink If not don't sweat it.  Ii doubt it will ever be one of my favorite sub-genres and I really don't care.  I know what I like and I like what I know.

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 05:09
I am probably not the best person to win you over to the Neo side...but I do like me some early Marillion, IQ as well as the post punky outfit I always seem to forget from around the same time..errr..the singer’s name is something with Mann methinks
Aaanyway once in a while I come across artists that I like...like I and Thou fx:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_vHNHMOpIKA

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 06:28
^ Geoff Mann - Twelfth Night 👍🏼

Posted By: wiz_d_kidd
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 07:42
The Psychedelic Ensemble is not neo-prog -- despite his mis-classification on this site. He is clearly symphonic, more so than most other bands classified as symphonic.

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 07:53
Originally posted by wiz_d_kidd wiz_d_kidd wrote:

The Psychedelic Ensemble is not neo-prog -- despite his mis-classification on this site. He is clearly symphonic, more so than most other bands classified as symphonic.

There's a few bands on here who I strongly feel are in the wrong category. One that comes to mind off the top of my head is Echolyn. They are here under symphonic but other than their first two albums that doesn't really apply to them much at all. A better category would be ecelectic or even crossover. 

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 08:51

There's a few bands on here who I strongly feel are in the wrong category. One that comes to mind off the top of my head is Echolyn. They are here under symphonic but other than their first two albums that doesn't really apply to them much at all. A better category would be ecelectic or even crossover. 
I guess the key there is "first two albums" I don't know how easy it is for or even a priority with all the new music going on out there for admins to move an artist after they have been put into a category.  Not a criticism but sometimes we all neglect housekeeping heheheheh.  But this is why I try not to get too hung up on the categories.  For some artists it is easier than other.  And after all, wouldn't be boring if all the artists just behaved and stuck to making music that fit their category? Wink

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Shadowyzard
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 08:57

I am waiting for you...

Here are two standout and obscure songs, the latter is from your country. IDK if they'll change your mind, but they are from two of my favourite albums labelled as neo prog.

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 09:47

That's what Logan and I were discussing earlier here. Looking at tracks in some cases rather than whole albums and lumping them into a category.
I've said pretty much all new music that we call prog can be labeled Crossover/Crossover Prog, I also like the label Eclectic.
But one thing I dislike a lot is allowing the label/tag to dictate the music, again what I mentioned earlier to the OP, forget about Neo-prog and just listen to the bands. I think we get lost, we think Echolyn and IQ are trying to create neo-prog music.

-------------

Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 10:35
Ok so this thread has inspired me to give Neo another go. Nothing really grabbed me in the past in this sub-genre but seeing as nowadays I can handle and even enjoy 80's production now's the time! 

I tried out IQ - The Wake for a few minutes on YouTube just before but the sound quality was woeful so I'm currently listening to IQ - Ever. It's not bad. The vocals are sometimes edging to that power metal ballpark that I don't like, but at least it's well-sung. Musically not upsetting at all. Few nice hooks here and there... 

-------------
https://gabebuller.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - New album!
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 11:04

That's what Logan and I were discussing earlier here. Looking at tracks in some cases rather than whole albums and lumping them into a category.
I've said pretty much all new music that we call prog can be labeled Crossover/Crossover Prog, I also like the label Eclectic.
But one thing I dislike a lot is allowing the label/tag to dictate the music, again what I mentioned earlier to the OP, forget about Neo-prog and just listen to the bands. I think we get lost, we think Echolyn and IQ are trying to create neo-prog music.

It's a good point.

Sometimes we box ourselves in too much with genre expectations. And while informative labeling can help to discover music, it's also important just to take music as it comes, and try to appreciate it for what it is, not what you want it to be or what you expect it to be. Anyway, "allowing the label/tag to dictate the music" is not what I'd call a progressive mindset.

Originally posted by irrelevant irrelevant wrote:

Ok so this thread has inspired me to give Neo another go. Nothing really grabbed me in the past in this sub-genre but seeing as nowadays I can handle and even enjoy 80's production now's the time! 

I tried out IQ - The Wake for a few minutes on YouTube just before but the sound quality was woeful so I'm currently listening to IQ - Ever. It's not bad. The vocals are sometimes edging to that power metal ballpark that I don't like, but at least it's well-sung. Musically not upsetting at all. Few nice hooks here and there... 

Speaking of hooks:

And no, I'm not recommending this as Neo-Prog (or calling it Neo-Prog) or recommending it at all. That's an AOR/ arena rock type song that reminds me of Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" and other such music. Many bands take different musical approaches over time and on the same album.

-------------

Posted By: Prog-jester
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 16:07

I think I don't like Neo Prog because it is way too outdated and has a very 80-90ish sound : too much clearness, a lack of emotion, a digital sound (not an analogic one)... Neo Prog domain is maybe too Pop for me...
these are literally my reasons why I still love Neo-Prog Give me some 80s* cheese!

* - I guess I'm in minority here but I prefer to see Neo-Prog as purely 80s/80s-influenced thing only. You got the OGs like Marillion, IQ, Pendragon etc, and then you got really cool imitators from 90s, 00s and even 10s like Collage, Red Sand and Anubis (bit of a stretch with this one): poppy melodies, cheesy synths, song-oriented structures, etc-etc-etc. And again, I'm loving it!

Hence I don't get why some people call The Flower Kings, Porcupine Tree or The Mars Volta Neo-Prog, only because they're Newer Prog? These bands are million miles away in basically every aspect from my marillions and iluvatars, don't you dare mix them together!

Also it's funny how most 80s music trends have been revived time and time again, from Post-Punk to No Wave, from Synth Pop to Neofolk, yet somehow Neo-Prog is so obscure and impenetrable (is it???) that literally no one even tried to create a quality-level big time ripoff of Fish-era Marillion, apart from maybe few https://arlekin.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - bedroom projects

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 01:32
This is exactly what I was saying. The definition and the bands under that banner are inconsistent. I mentioned before that Wikipedia's definition of neo includes many bands that are labeled as symph, crossover, and even eclectic (and don't get me started on the inconsistencies of the latter two, both have become grab-bag terms). I agree with many of you that we shouldn't get too hung up on labels when it comes to enjoyment. But the SITE should be hung up on labels because one of the goals here is to categorize. This helps people find bands that could potentially meet their interests. Sure, maybe some people scoff at a band and won't listen because it's under a certain label, and that's a shame, but it's their close-minded choice. 

So what to do? Well, we could alter some of the definitions, but that could get really dicey. Take Neo-Prog. I think the definition here is actually very good. It's more exclusionary than Wiki, and that's actually good because it helps you differentiate between bands (and it's not like those bands like Flower Kings, Spock's Beard, Echolyn, etc. don't belong to their own categories). I think it would be a better idea to give bands multiple sub-genre labels where applicable. Someone mentioned Echolyn earlier, and how their first two albums could be labeled symph, but the rest eclectic or crossover. And Marillion, the subject of several earlier comments. Were they Neo-Prog at some point? Hell yes! Later on? Crossover for sure. 

This would help for so many bands, including the founding fathers. Early Tull? Prog Folk. Middle Tull? Prog Folk/Symph. Later Tull? Crossover/Prog Related/Folk. It would certainly make the highest rated album sections a lot less confusing. Brave deserves a spot on some sub-genre's highest rated list, but not Neo (in my opinion, not hating on it, I enjoy Brave, and am neither a Neo hater nor a Neo gate keeper).

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 01:42
While I think the Neo definition doesn't need to change, I actually think some of the sub-genres here also need to either be split up, or have some sub-sub-categories. Take Heavy Prog. May Blitz, and Haken??? The earlier bands (Deep Purple-esque) should be separated from the post-Rush kind of bands. Plus, Haken's newest albums are straight Prog Metal. Another band that could use the treatment I posted on just above.

I don't mean to seem exclusionary. I am in no way saying "_____ doesn't belong in ______ because [reason that is more based on not liking the band despite liking other bands of the sub-genre]." I just think this can clear up confusion. Probably because I'm just pedantic. I realize this kind of stuff isn't easy to just implement on the spot, too.

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 01:52
Originally posted by Awesoreno Awesoreno wrote:

While I think the Neo definition doesn't need to change, I actually think some of the sub-genres here also need to either be split up, or have some sub-sub-categories. Take Heavy Prog. May Blitz, and Haken??? The earlier bands (Deep Purple-esque) should be separated from the post-Rush kind of bands. Plus, Haken's newest albums are straight Prog Metal. Another band that could use the treatment I posted on just above.

I don't mean to seem exclusionary. I am in no way saying "_____ doesn't belong in ______ because [reason that is more based on not liking the band despite liking other bands of the sub-genre]." I just think this can clear up confusion. Probably because I'm just pedantic. I realize this kind of stuff isn't easy to just implement on the spot, too.

If you ask me, Haken is a progressive metal band, always been. .

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 05:16

Speaking of hooks:

*Marillion - Hooks in You video*

And no, I'm not recommending this as Neo-Prog (or calling it Neo-Prog) or recommending it at all. That's an AOR/ arena rock type song that reminds me of Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" and other such music. Many bands take different musical approaches over time and on the same album.

Hah! Marillion went full-on AOR huh. Not bad, but I can get down with some of that stuff. The Outfield are one of my favourite bands these days after all... 

Which brings me to an album I re-visited last night: It Bites - The Big Lad in the Windmill
I liked a couple of tracks off this years back when I checked it out. Second, maybe third full listen all that time later and I had a lot of fun! Even went and bought it on Discogs for about $20. Thing is though there isn't a whole lot of prog in it (there are bits and songs here and there) but it's got plenty of that AOR sound. Some of this is laugh-out-loud funny too, a few parts are so ridiculous it had me cackling; they couldn't have been taking this completely seriously and I think that's a plus. Really fun poppy rock record with enough quirky parts to distinguish it. 

So Neo-heads, feel free to recommend me some poppy 80's Neo-Prog!

-------------
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Posted By: Prog-jester
Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 08:07

Brave deserves a spot on some sub-genre's highest rated list, but not Neo
well said

So Neo-heads, feel free to recommend me some poppy 80's Neo-Prog!

definitely these guys are must:

They're from 90s but sound completely 80s. They're definitely my favourite thing Clive Nolan ever done, never heard anyone else loving them as much though but I understand

Also don't miss Twelfth Night and Pallas, early genre creators along with Marillion and IQ:

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 08:16

I also think Deep Purple belongs under Heavy Prog tbh. And Blackstar by David Bowie is a modern prog masterpiece but doesn't get to be compared to the other prog albums which is kinda unfortunate. I mean if Peter Gabriel is Crossover prog I see no reason why Bowie cant be.

-------------

Posted By: essexboyinwales
Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 09:14

Speaking of hooks:

*Marillion - Hooks in You video*

Hah! Marillion went full-on AOR huh. Not bad, but I can get down with some of that stuff. The Outfield are one of my favourite bands these days after all... 

Which brings me to an album I re-visited last night: It Bites - The Big Lad in the Windmill
I liked a couple of tracks off this years back when I checked it out. Second, maybe third full listen all that time later and I had a lot of fun! Even went and bought it on Discogs for about $20. Thing is though there isn't a whole lot of prog in it (there are bits and songs here and there) but it's got plenty of that AOR sound. Some of this is laugh-out-loud funny too, a few parts are so ridiculous it had me cackling; they couldn't have been taking this completely seriously and I think that's a plus. Really fun poppy rock record with enough quirky parts to distinguish it. 

So Neo-heads, feel free to recommend me some poppy 80's Neo-Prog!

Well if you haven't heard Once Around The World by It Bites, that's where you should go next...

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 09:39
^ I did (at least some of it), years ago when I heard the first one. I suppose I should go there next.

-------------

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 10:34

I also think Deep Purple belongs under Heavy Prog tbh. And Blackstar by David Bowie is a modern prog masterpiece but doesn't get to be compared to the other prog albums which is kinda unfortunate. I mean if Peter Gabriel is Crossover prog I see no reason why Bowie cant be.
Bowie is listed as Prog Related, IMO seems accurate for his catalog in total, but when you read both definitions I think he could fit in Crossover too.

What I always had issue with was some of the descriptions in Prog Related. For example Zeppelin and Iron Maiden.....Prog Related discusses what a band was doing early on and how that was not considered prog but may have been, just the prog label did not exist in the 70's. I think the rock world would agree that Zeppelin was a blues band that played with distortion and heavy drums, not till Graffiti and House/Holy did the lyrics become psychy, but not prog. Iron Maiden in the early days was straight up metal, nothing more nothing less and not prog.....but both are listed as Prog-Related.

To me Marillion early days with Fish was as Neo-prog as it gets, with a lot of pop elements in songs like Kayleigh, Freaks and Lady Nina.....Post Fish 90% of the output has been Crossover or Prog Related.

-------------

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 13:40

The Wake was very 'DIY' and does sound like it was recorded in an attic (ironic given the title of their previous album) .
They set up their own studio in the 90's and label (GEP) signing some well known bands such as Threshold and even Spock's Beard! Ever is a much more professional and polished recording compared to anything they did previously although on that side of things I would reckon that The Seventh House is even better so I would go there next or maybe Dark Matter.

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 14:12
A friend of mine just invited me to a Marillion quiz night!! I was like WTF? He claims he thought I liked them. Clearly he hasn't been checking my posts on FB.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 14:33
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

A friend of mine just invited me to a Marillion quiz night!! I was like WTF? He claims he thought I liked them. Clearly he hasn't been checking my posts on FB.

I'd say "Fine", and then add, "I assume that I can expect your presence at my Univers Zero quiz night."

I'm assuming this is an online quiz night, and not a physical get-together as

Let's not get physical, physical
Don't want to get physical...

I'd go to an Olivia Newton John quiz night, but not get physical.

-------------

Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 15:49

I'd say "Fine", and then add, "I assume that I can expect your presence at my Univers Zero quiz night."

I would only get physical with Olivia Newton John. Wink LOL

Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 17:56

I would only get physical with Olivia Newton John. Wink LOL

You're more of a man than me. I'm so worried about COVID-19 that it might override any urge to "let me hear her body talk, her body talk" up close and personal. Now if it was the opportunity to be the filling in a Juice Newton and Sir Isaac Newton sandwich, well, that definitely wouldn't be for me (sorry Isaac, there's just no gravitational attraction).

-------------

Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 19:40

See, if we gave sub-genre listings to different periods, or even album to album, we could be more accurate with artists like David Bowie and Peter Gabriel. The first four Gabriel definitely belong in Crossover, but So? Maybe not so much (not a comment on the quality of the record, mind you). Same deal with Bowie's discography. I know it would be pretty difficult to go album by album, so I'm not about to complain that it hasn't happened yet, but there has to be something that can be done at some point. I know the site has undergone changes in the past.

Date Posted: April 08 2020 at 05:56
^^^We also have kind of blue as the 29th best prog albums of all time. Wonderful record, but everyone and their mom knows that’s just a jazz record. Bitches Brew and In a Silent Way? Hell yeah put them on the top 100 those are awesome progressive albums. I doubt we’ll ever see an overhaul like that but it sure would be nice.

I also feel if Uriah heap is heavy prog than deep purple just has to be.

-------------

Date Posted: April 09 2020 at 07:19
Pendragon Arrived yesterday, just listened to it for the first time. Wow! I really enjoyed that, wasn't sure what to expect. I have to listen a few more times to make a fair judgement but the band really nailed the atmosphere on this album. Favorite track on first listen was Eternal Light.

-------------

Posted By: Emilio Larocca
Date Posted: April 11 2020 at 05:23
Here's a challenge for you -->  https://www.swsleep.net/spiro-nellecosistema/" rel="nofollow - https://www.swsleep.net/spiro-nellecosistema/
Liquid music from Italy.

Posted By: geekfreak
Date Posted: April 12 2020 at 02:13
Neo Prog is just a something journalist called the 80`s prog movement so its still PROG!!!! 

-------------
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: April 12 2020 at 16:50
TBH, Tales from the Lush Attic by IQ is pretty fuсking incredible.

-------------
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!

Posted By: foregonillusions
Date Posted: April 12 2020 at 21:36
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Have you heard Sanguine Hum, The Psychedelic Ensemble, Frost*, Subsignal, or Sylvan?
I love Subsignal, but I'm unsure about their classification of neo-prog.

Date Posted: April 12 2020 at 22:21
Recommendation of the new Pendragon album to all, second listen today and I LOVE IT! Is it 5 stars? Ehhhh im not convinced yet, but its awesome! This is coming from someone who has never heard a pendragon album before this.

-------------

Posted By: geekfreak
Date Posted: April 13 2020 at 00:54

Recommendation of the new Pendragon album to all, second listen today and I LOVE IT! Is it 5 stars? Ehhhh im not convinced yet, but its awesome! This is coming from someone who has never heard a pendragon album before this.

Excellent recommendation I would add IQ Subterranea 

-------------
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<

Posted By: Spacegod87
Date Posted: April 13 2020 at 23:59

I think I don't like Neo Prog because it is way too outdated and has a very 80-90ish sound : too much clearness, a lack of emotion, a digital sound (not an analogic one). This is definitely not my cup of tea for a 70's prog lover as me but the fact is that I don't dislike 80's and 90's music but I like it punk, so the Neo Prog domain is maybe too Pop for me, too clean. I don't know. But I feel like making a mistake when I see the high ratings of Neo Prog albums such as IQ's, Marillion's or Flower King's

No need to change your mind because I 100% agree with you. I don't get the attraction to it either.

Posted By: Green Shield Stamp
Date Posted: April 17 2020 at 13:53
Your mind is your own. If you want to change it, you need to do it yourself. Just because someone else likes something, it won’t make any difference to whether you like it or not.

We spend too much time being told what we should or shouldn’t like by supposed experts and informed critics.

I notice in lots of people’s top lists, they often select what they think they should select rather than what they genuinely like. It’s as if they are afraid not to conform to the accepted critical views: a fear of being perceived as a cultural philistine.

This has given rise to the term ‘guilty pleasure’ - we like something that is uncool, critically-condemned, almost shameful. We reluctantly admit our guilty pleasure with a sheepish, almost apologetic shrug of the shoulders.

Throw off these mind-forged manacles and go your own way!

Buy that 1970s country and western album instead of something by Joy Division and bask in the sunshine of independent thought, regardless of the attitudes and opinions of others.

-------------
Haiku

Writing a poem
With seventeen syllables
Is very diffic....

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: April 17 2020 at 15:26
Originally posted by Green Shield Stamp Green Shield Stamp wrote:

Your mind is your own. If you want to change it, you need to do it yourself. Just because someone else likes something, it won’t make any difference to whether you like it or not.

We spend too much time being told what we should or shouldn’t like by supposed experts and informed critics.

I notice in lots of people’s top lists, they often select what they think they should select rather than what they genuinely like. It’s as if they are afraid not to conform to the accepted critical views: a fear of being perceived as a cultural philistine.

This has given rise to the term ‘guilty pleasure’ - we like something that is uncool, critically-condemned, almost shameful. We reluctantly admit our guilty pleasure with a sheepish, almost apologetic shrug of the shoulders.

Throw off these mind-forged manacles and go your own way!

Buy that 1970s country and western album instead of something by Joy Division and bask in the sunshine of independent thought, regardless of the attitudes and opinions of others.

Refreshingly candid post  Clap

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2020 at 16:25
‘You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink’.......
I would never wish anyone to ‘change my mind’ on anything.
“ I don’t like Maroon 5, change my mind please “

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: April 17 2020 at 18:28
I love it.  But then I grew up with it in the early/mid 80s.  Everybody should listen to what they like, and while I've changed my mind on some less accessible stuff (I used to find Zeuhl and jazz fusion to be rather boring, now I'm a fan of both), but neo is usually pretty accessible and not a taste I would think one would have to acquire.  If it doesn't light your Lucky, it doesn't light your Lucky. 

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Posted By: Kristian_Cole
Date Posted: April 18 2020 at 01:31
If neoprog was marillion then I am confused, because marillion sound like genesis.....who were the originators. It's a paradox!!!

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiQK9_Pf1HLSLjlHsQzdYBg" rel="nofollow - I Animate my muzak here

https://muzakmusick.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - I bandcamp my muzak here

Posted By: TexasKing
Date Posted: April 18 2020 at 02:27
In most cases you have to be a Brit to love Marillion. That band doesn't have a big appeal outside of their homeland, esp. they have a very little appeal to Americans.

Date Posted: April 18 2020 at 03:15
Originally posted by TexasKing TexasKing wrote:

In most cases you have to be a Brit to love Marillion. That band doesn't have a big appeal outside of their homeland, esp. they have a very little appeal to Americans.

And yet when they tour they always gather crowds. 
Have you seen them live, because apparently they are quite popular in the Netherlands. LOL 
There are always Marillion weekends in Holland (and Canada). 

Posted By: Kristian_Cole
Date Posted: April 18 2020 at 05:27
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by TexasKing TexasKing wrote:

And yet when they tour they always gather crowds. 
Have you seen them live, because apparently they are quite popular in the Netherlands. LOL 
The are always Marillion weekends in Holland (and Canada). 

Really? I was totally unaware of that. I know they were big over here but hated by critics.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiQK9_Pf1HLSLjlHsQzdYBg" rel="nofollow - I Animate my muzak here

https://muzakmusick.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - I bandcamp my muzak here

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk