Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You know it's 1975 when...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 06:57
^ Willie and crew stayed at a hotel I worked at in Longview Tx. After they checked out, another bellman and myself rushed to his room to get what was left in the ashtrays before the maids got there.

Edited by Easy Money - June 21 2020 at 06:59
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 07:05
I have many fantasies John.. crossed off a many in wilder youth.. but some sadly I never managed to cross off..oh yes.. #1..an invite to the tour bus and smoking with Willlie. 

My blood red Willie and not trusting those that don't smoke dope T-shirt is not just one of favorite shirts.. but a favorite of my office on casual Fridays...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 07:41
Willie is a funny guy. He couldn't find the stairs so he jumped from the second floor to the ground with all the maids screaming for him to not do it out of fear for his safety.
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 08:20
fear of his safety?  Yes I can see that.  

He isn't just 'famous' ..he's pure Americana John..not merely a musical legend.. but a cultural one. There have  only two musicians I have truly idolized.. not just for their music and talents as I do with Jack and Duane...but the lives they led.  George was one.. Willie is the other. He is a true American icon and treasure. The last remaining one we have I believe.. truly larger than life.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 08:41
Who is Jack and George?
Jack Daniels?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 09:00
ConfusedLOL

there is only one 'George' just as there is only John, Paul and Ringo..

and Jack.. yeah... there really only is one Jack...

Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 09:05
Doing some further reading, I just learned that Gahan Wilson died last year, age 89. He did some famous National Lampoon covers in the 70's, and his comic strip 'Nuts' - wonderful, often macabre memories of childhood - was one of the longest running in the magazine's history. Maybe second only to Shary Flenniken's 'Trots and Bonnie' - which is actually finally coming out in book form this year.

Believe me Pope Paul, my toes are clean
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 09:37
Re Micky: George Harrison?!? Really?? Maybe there is a joke here I am not getting, I was thinking George Jones. George Clinton would have been acceptable too.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 09:50
not a joke ...  that would mean I actually had a sense of humor... 

you say 'George' in terms of rock music and even here in the 3rd of the 21st.. the vast majority know exactly who you mean.

as far as Jack... I assumed my man lust of him was as well known as my homoertoic love of Duane but I'd give you a pass on not knowing that.  You're a keyboardist.. not a f**king bassist LOLHeart
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 10:03
You've mentioned Jack many times in the past, but George kind of surprised me, oh well.
Jack is cool, Hot Tuna, jamming with Jimi etc.
Jimi, now there is a first name no one will have to explain for a couple more centuries, same for Miles.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 10:14
first name only rock royalty indeed which George is as much (if not more) a part of..  

surprised..  I could see that John. even as long as we've conversed here.  For me he is as much personal as musical .. he was a gateway to not just my personal salvation.. but to my survival... and that I don't often talk about. While I joke about some aspects of my past.. others I keep tight rein on .. even Raff knows I won't talk to her about some aspects of it. Things only those that have been through can understand. I'll never forget a personal symmetry of when Lennon was murdered and helping console my mother who just broke down upon hearing the news.. and the ridicule and abuse my ex threw at me when I broke down when Harrison died. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 10:41
I hear ya, there are a couple song lyrics here and there that had a huge impact on me, but it would all sound silly and trite here on an open forum.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 10:46
exactly BeerHeart
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 10:59
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Re Micky: George Harrison?!? Really?? Maybe there is a joke here I am not getting, I was thinking George Jones. George Clinton would have been acceptable too.

George Jones?Confused

You ask anyone who has ever listened to a rock album to name a famous musician named George, it will never be George Jones. Perhaps someone living in a trailer in the foothills of Appalachia might say George Jones, but even that is doubtful. 

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 11:24
hahahah.. well in John's defense Greg.. he knows I am not just the biggest country music fan on the forum.

I am probably the ONLY one LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 11:25
^ I was going on his Willie Nelson Americana reference there.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 11:28
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

hahahah.. well in John's defense Greg.. he knows I am not just the biggest country music fan on the forum.

I am probably the ONLY one LOL
Although my tastes run more towards jazz and RnB, I do like some early country and I knew you did too. It goes with the Jack Daniels.

Edited by Easy Money - June 21 2020 at 11:32
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 11:30
^ Well, better George Jones than Boy George. LOL
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 11:34
Yes, John, Paul, Ringo and Boy George.   
EDIT: Music history a couple centuries from now.

Edited by Easy Money - June 21 2020 at 11:39
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 11:40
*spits hot tea on monitor*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>