Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - whats your personal most pefect song ever recordd?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhats your personal most pefect song ever recordd?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:37
Sorry for a boring and cliched answer, but there's a reason that Close to the Edge is a prog treasure - the title track comes as close to perfection as anything I've heard.
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:36
Thick as a Brick pt 1 surely!!
moreitsythanyou View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:35
Reckoner by Radiohead is the most perfect song of all time. It has the greatest combination of other-worldly atmosphere and intense melody.
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Squonkman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:29
Awaken by Yes and Suppers Ready by Genesis would have to be in the discussion, but I will have to think about it longer before I commit.
laplace View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:28
nothing beats Henry Cow's "Beautiful as the Moon / Terrible as an Army with Banners" in terms of progression, well-judged improv-to-structure ratio, ability to haunt and overall life-enhancing correctness in music. Nothing, not even bloody Magma. o:)
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:28
Originally posted by TR!P TR!P wrote:

so, out'a all the prog bands out there, past to present, which single track do you think is perfect in every way?

now, i dont mean perfect in the technical sence, i dont mean just because a song ticks all the boxes as in it has a good intro, middle, end, solo, chours, etc.

i just mean, in your own personal opinion, which track do you feel is just flawless/perfect/immaculate, and why?

personly, i think "goodbye blue sky" by Floyd, from 'The Wall' has to be my pick, its just perfect to me, not too long, not toooo short, sounds absolutly beautiful, and is just a pleasure to listen to, great vocal arangements, nice sweet guitar, i cant find anything wrong with it

so whats yours?

Whoa- I wasnt necissarily thinking of that song, but Floyd was the first band that popped in my head. When I think of the track you selected- yes, it does seem perfect.

There is another song that comes to mind, it's a Perfect Circle song from their first album- song number 5 or 6? The slower one....

keiser willhelm View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:22
i like how this poll was made by me
I dont know about 'perfect song but close to the edge comes pretty close . . . lol
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:20
Les Porches De Notre Dame - Maneige

Utterly great song, merging classical, jazz and rock elements flawlessly, building up carefully to an incredibly dense polyphonic conclusion.
TR!P View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 16:15
so, out'a all the prog bands out there, past to present, which single track do you think is perfect in every way?

now, i dont mean perfect in the technical sence, i dont mean just because a song ticks all the boxes as in it has a good intro, middle, end, solo, chours, etc.

i just mean, in your own personal opinion, which track do you feel is just flawless/perfect/immaculate, and why?

personly, i think "goodbye blue sky" by Floyd, from 'The Wall' has to be my pick, its just perfect to me, not too long, not toooo short, sounds absolutly beautiful, and is just a pleasure to listen to, great vocal arangements, nice sweet guitar, i cant find anything wrong with it

so whats yours?
join communism
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234