Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Four Studio Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: Who has the best overall?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
27 [25.96%]
1 [0.96%]
10 [9.62%]
10 [9.62%]
5 [4.81%]
11 [10.58%]
25 [24.04%]
12 [11.54%]
2 [1.92%]
1 [0.96%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 02:34
You know... I had to really think about this but the first 4 Marillion albums with Fish for me are very special .. I voted Marillion, Followed close with King Crimson and Genesis and ELP. But Marillions first 4 albums were all very consistent.  Tongue

Edited by Enchant X - March 25 2020 at 02:44
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 02:10
I've kept it to a round ten bands (arguably the most important in prog) and it does include FGTR so hopefully all the 'Genesis fan boys' won't just press the auto vote button Wink

So the idea is that you treat the first four albums as a block . So in many cases the same as a modern double CD length wise.

For me ELP and Camel have strong entries as obviously does KC . Marillion covers the Fish era so that is strong as well.

Its very seventies orientated so I have included an Other option (EDIT - oh dear forgot to do this in a rush Embarrassed
Let the headaches commence!

BTW - I know many complain about the use of the word 'Best' . It's just your opinion and can be taken as 'most progressive' or most 'important' or however you want to view it. Lets not get too hung up about this.Smile

Edited by richardh - March 26 2020 at 00:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345