Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Porcupine Tree New Album and Tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2022 at 20:42
Hi,

Honestly, with so much new music coming around, waiting for Godot to come home with some coffee, I'm not sure that it will happen, and we're adding more "hope" this or that to it, than it's worth the thought or idea.

I am of the opinion that SW can not do PT anymore. He will do another version of SW and the PT folks that are coming along, are merely along for the ride ... with the free money they get! I can't blame them, but feeling they will come up with something like they did 20 years ago, is really a drag for me ... there isn't a band out there that has done that ... other than Djam Karet in my book, still creative and different after all these years!

For SW, and PT in its latest form (their last 3 or 4 albums) it was all about SW's songs, and the tripping, and far out moments the band had which was the stuff that we liked the most, was pretty much gone in favor of "more lyrics" that supposedly mean something and are important. More like self-important, I would think, and that's his role in the rock music world. I'm OK with that, but don't expect me to spend a cent when there is so much great music that ... we're not listening to ... because of things like this!

We've lost the sense of adventure in progressive music. All we can do is look for the second coming ... of someone or other!

Edited by moshkito - January 06 2022 at 20:42
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Michael919 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Michael919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2022 at 17:05
Is anyone else going to ignore all the single releases in order to take in the whole album at once in June? It's going to be hard, but that's my plan! I've waited this long, what's another 6 months?
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 10:22
I really want to hear and see them, so I hope they come to South California.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2021 at 10:23
Originally posted by Audion Audion wrote:

Porcupine Tree new album Closure/Continuation will be released in June 2022.  European tour dates start October 2022.  New single/video Harridan released  Big smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW5v4Ohxk5k&list=PLzhfgETbPF7g8XBkZHFnmLnkfckqctrXD

Already got my tickets for Amsterdam.  Didn't think they would have a reunion.   
I have the new album on pre-order.......Hoping for a US tour, SW loves Seattle so I'm hoping they make it here. I am fine with Nick Beggs, he's a monster bass player and already tours with SW solo material and they play PT material also.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2021 at 19:54
Originally posted by Audion Audion wrote:

Porcupine Tree new album Closure/Continuation will be released in June 2022.  European tour dates start October 2022.  New single/video Harridan released  Big smile

Hi,

I noticed that Colin is not on the pictures for the show ... I would imagine that the band will use Nick Beggs since his ability is probably better suited to help the band other than just bass guitar playing ... but you already know it will sound different. 

I thought the single was more of a SW song, than something that PT would do ... which had more trippy long stuff and pieces, which I think SW will do away with for PT as he did in their last 3 or 4 albums. But Colin not being there ... you might see why ... one thing he released was very interesting, but I seriously doubt many PT fans will ever touch it ... it was jazz'y as heck and I doubt that SW wants anything to do with that!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Audion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2021 at 13:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW5v4Ohxk5k&list=PLzhfgETbPF7g8XBkZHFnmLnkfckqctrXD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345