Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPhaedra, Rubycon? Tangerine Dream Study.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 11:49
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Rubicon and Phaedra are indissociable IMHO. Both come between the completely adventurous Pink Years (Atem and Zeit) and come before the more "symphonic years" (from Ricochet to Force Majeure and beyond)

Phaedra is definitively the album that must come first (it is chronologically anyway), but since it just starts to use sequencers (which provides a beat or rhythm to the music and this was completely absent in Zeit or Atem), but they are still very discreet.

In Rubycon, these sequencers are now the big novelty of the album, although they are not yet plastered all over the place as they would in later albums (not in Ricochet which is a very conventional instruments album). In this way, Rubycon is the easier album of the two, because it provides rhythms

I wouldn't say that beat or rhythm was missing from Atem - how did you miss those pounding drums? Wink

I prefer Rubycon to Phaedra, but not by much. Rubycon sounds warmer than Phaedra, which is eerier and more unsettling.

"The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar.... Now, that's my idea of a good time."
daz2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 13:22
I will have to go with Phaedra Such a beautiful album,although i do love Rubycon
In the constellation of cygnus,There lurks a mysterious force...The black hole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12