Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBaseball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 57>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 21:51
It's nice seeing the Rays doing so well, it looks like all of those young players are finally paying off for their team.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 21:52
it is about time..   and it is nice to see ...  with my Tigers in the toilet.. I've been watching the Rays closely.  We'll see how long they hang around this year.. but next year.. yowsers..  
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 00:32
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Yanks win 6-5

Thats 5 straight wins now
close wins, blowouts, pitchers duels, come from behind...they've done it all

yeah.. those Mariners are a real powerhouse LOL

just wait till they face  the Rays again. and real pitching. .and some of the the best new talent in the league.. they'll be back to scraping up 2 runs a game hahhahha

ye of lil faith
This exact thing happened last year recall? The Yanks hit an easy stretch of game that got the fire lit under them. Then they got hot, I remember them sweeping the Red Sox (not exactly a weak pitching team)
Just you wait my friend!
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 02:35
Torre's boys finally got one from the Cards and it only took 10 innings to do it.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 08:35
My prediction was a titch off.  The Tigers managed to score 1 run on a Carlos Guillen solo home run.  Otherwise, the most terrifying right handed hitting offense in the league was meek and therefore, "shall inherit the earth".  All these right-handed power hitters were supposed to make left-handed pitchers lose sleep and quake in their cleats while standing on the mound.  With Minnesota no longer having Johan Santana (and I am not certain where Liriano is at this point) Minnesota was supposed to be a cakewalk.  Instead the Tigers made two shoo-in hall-of-famers out of Kevin Slowey and yesterday's pitcher, Perkins. (I didn't even catch his first name).  I have no idea who these guys are but they made the Tigers look like Little Leaguers (and that is an insult to Little Leaguers everywhere).

Edited by rushfan4 - May 26 2008 at 08:37
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 08:38

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Yanks win 6-5

Thats 5 straight wins now
close wins, blowouts, pitchers duels, come from behind...they've done it all

yeah.. those Mariners are a real powerhouse LOL

just wait till they face  the Rays again. and real pitching. .and some of the the best new talent in the league.. they'll be back to scraping up 2 runs a game hahhahha

ye of lil faith
This exact thing happened last year recall? The Yanks hit an easy stretch of game that got the fire lit under them. Then they got hot, I remember them sweeping the Red Sox (not exactly a weak pitching team)
Just you wait my friend!

actually I hope you are right...  Baseball is best when the Yank's are in the thick of it...  for those who love them.. and  those that hate them LOLClap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 08:45
Actually, I am quite happy seeing the Yankees in last place and the Rays in 1st place (not sure if they're still there.  I haven't checked the standings in awhile since I know right where the Tigers are, and it is quite painful).  There is at least some mild pleasure in seeing the Yankees fans suffer along with us.  Although, I suspect when it is all said and done they will be in the thick of it come September, and we will be trading them Magglio Ordonez for "prospects".  After all, the Tigers have acted as the Yankees back-up Minor League system for a number of years now.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 08:47
hahahah. that they have Scott...  I don't know why... but I haven't written the Tigers off yet.. maybe because no one has really run away in the division yet...  one hot streak.. .. a simple matter of playing up to their potential should get them back in the thick of things themselves...  that is .. if they do so before the break. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 08:52
We can only hope.  The starting pitching staff has looked pretty good one time through the lineup so maybe there is hope.  They can't seem to get all aspects of the game working at the same time yet.  The bullpen has looked decent most of the year, but the hitting and starting pitching have stunk.  Finally, the starting pitching has looked decent and the bullpen f**ked up two games this weekend.  Although, both times surprisingly were not Todd "The Roller Coaster" Jones.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 08:56
hahhahha.. I know.. It has been nice to see Verlander finally throwing some quality innings.. now only to see the bullpen go to sh*t.   Let's hope they do put it all together.  Leyland is a hell of a coach..   he'll get them turned around. . hopefully in enough time though.
rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 11:53
I'd be scared as a Tigers fan because a) the Tigers are sucking and b) Cleveland has sure gotten their act together (best pitching staff in the league?).  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 11:55
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

Dammit, the shortstops on my fantasy team are taking a beating.  J.J. Hardy has done badly, Erick Aybar only did well for a short time.  And now Clint Barmes and Jeff Keppinger are both hurt.  I think I'll just leave the spot empty since the available shortstops all suck....

Shortstop is razor-thin this year.  There really aren't many good ones.  I actually feel somewhat comfortable with Edgar Renteria at short LOL

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 12:04
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

I'd be scared as a Tigers fan because a) the Tigers are sucking and b) Cleveland has sure gotten their act together (best pitching staff in the league?).  

worried yes... but not about the Indians LOL ...  the Tigers  are only 6.5 games out.. as BADLY as they have played..

CENTRALWLPCTGBHOMEROADRSRASTRKL10
Chicago Sox2722.551-13-914-13218181Won 18-2
Minnesota2525.5002.516-129-13227243Won 15-5
Cleveland2327.4604.515-148-13202188Lost 12-8
Kansas City2129.4206.510-1211-17179227Lost 72-8
Detroit2129.4206.512-149-15246264Lost 15-5

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 12:05
I think the Indians have MASSIVE potential.  Now that CC's pitching well again they've probably got the best staff in baseball.  

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 12:08
didn't Carmona get hurt when they just got swept by the White Sox.  haven't heard about his status.. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 12:15
I thought so.. Carmona is on the 15 day DL.. big 4 game set with the Sox. Rooting for the Indians.. don't want the White Sox getting too far out in front... just in case the Tigers do pull their heads out of their asses hahaha

Edited by micky - May 26 2008 at 12:16
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 12:54

I think the Indians have MASSIVE potential.  Now that CC's pitching well again they've probably got the best staff in baseball.  

The AL Central is up for grabs. When the last place team is only 6.5 games out and it is not even the All-Star break anything can and will happen. Even the Royals have a shot this year.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 13:27
It's definitely gonna be one of the more interesting divisions this year.  

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 11:13

It's definitely gonna be one of the more interesting divisions this year.  

along with the east....

I think we can begin to really think that the Rays are for real... the O's are definitely improved.. the Yankee's.. well.. they have too much talent to be a last place team.  Great stuff this year
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 12:27
Damn, the Phillies offense is on fire, 42 runs in the last 3 games! ShockedBig%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 57>