Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSade for Post/Math Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 13:57
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

This made my day.  Thank you.

Seconded.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 13:58
This is the first suggestion thread to reach page #3 since quite a while Tongue
Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 14:02

This thread made me actually listen to Sade for the first time in years.
Still great stuff but I believe it is called 'pop'. Well that's only two letters difference from 'prog'. Hence the confusion probably.
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 14:02
What a hillarious thread, you made my day LOL, Sade for post rock ? certainly NOT. Svetonio, you may like her more than Mogwai and Tortoise but that is totaly different thing than being prog and adding her on PA, or worst case scenario adding her to post rock. ''I can add that she is NOT ordinary pop as e.g. Talk Talk'' - well i bet you haven't heard their 'Spirit of Eden' , it contains elements of rock, jazz, classical, and ambient music, and highly influential album on forthcoming post rock movement 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 14:34
Originally posted by Bonnek Bonnek wrote:

Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

When the "post-rock" term was coined, most of the bands it referred to were not progressive bands, but artsy post-punk/new-wave bands, which is why they are not on PA. Of the pioneers, only Bark Psychosis were progressive enough by PA standards; chek this out:

The more you stand by your opinion that Sade is "much more innovative and more interesting an artist than Tortoise and Mogwai all together", the more you only discredit your discernment on judging what is progressive and what not. Which doesn't mean that you can't like Sade more than all the post-rock genre taken together, but that's a completely different thing.

Hej, this one sounds cool, but there's something missing, it's like we could expect Sade to start singing any minute but it doesn't happen LOL
Exactly Clap
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 14:36
I must admit i am biased. I hate her and her type of music. 
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 14:36
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

Well, one can imagine that the same "problem" was with for example Steely Dan; I can bet in hard cash that wasn't easy add!

oh yes, you can bet Smile
Really? Then I will be your friend!

Svetonio .. we can make friends because I like Sade too ... but you put it to an acid test if you are continuing to insist to have her included to post/math LOL

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 14:47
Originally posted by angelmk angelmk wrote:

What a hillarious thread, you made my day LOL, Sade for post rock ? certainly NOT. Svetonio, you may like her more than Mogwai and Tortoise but that is totaly different thing than being prog and adding her on PA, or worst case scenario adding her to post rock. ''I can add that she is NOT ordinary pop as e.g. Talk Talk'' - well i bet you haven't heard their 'Spirit of Eden' , it contains elements of rock, jazz, classical, and ambient music, and highly influential album on forthcoming post rock movement 
Pozdrav Makedoniji! Batke, you can be sure that I heard Talk Talk so many times in 80s. Nothing without some good samples - "It's My Life" issued in the same so called Orvel's 1984 as the great single by Sade aswell - hey batke, alot more people are just  reading this topic than to write comments, but they are gonna to decide Wink

As you can hear, Talk Talk' track is ordinary 80's synth pop music, just made to be a hit. Today it sounds dated.

Sade is quite different, a serious music, it was a fresh air in the stupid 80's! Also timeless, as the jazz version confirmed as well:

Angel, ej idem sad da proslavim i ovu našu Novu godinu u kafanče preko puta! Srećna i berićetna i tebi da bidne batke moj, i zdravlje puno !!! Happy New Year to all!

Edited by Svetonio - January 13 2011 at 16:13
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 14:59

Originally posted by angelmk angelmk wrote:

Pozdrav Makedoniji! Batke, you can be sure that I heard Talk Talk so many times in 80s. Nothing without some good samples - "It's My Life" issued in the same so called Orvel's 1984 as the great single by Sade aswell - hey batke, alot more people are just  reading this topic than to write comments, but they are gonna to decide Wink

LOL

That ^ has nothing to do with the reason why Talk Talk are on PA. If they were to be voted based on that ^, they would get rejected.

Here, try this:

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 15:14

Well, one can imagine that the same "problem" was with for example Steely Dan; I can bet in hard cash that wasn't easy add!

oh yes, you can bet Smile
Really? Then I will be your friend!

Svetonio .. we can make friends because I like Sade too ... but you put it to an acid test if you are continuing to insist to have her included to post/math LOL

Oh no! I am suggesting something because of the same reason why for example I am voting on PA polls - just for fun Cool  I dont expect any adds, but if will be some - thats fine. I am not a musician or roadie from the bands I suggested; so I really dont care are they gonna be added or not. 

Edited by Svetonio - January 13 2011 at 15:49
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 18:08
Svetonio .. this is not the JUST FOR FUN section here, you must know  Approve  this is implemented for dealing with serious submissions, okay? ... because we run a serious website wih the aim to  present serious prog artists ... oh well ... very serious indeed  Wink

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 19:06
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I can't see anything in the opening post - I assume we're talking about the Sade of smooth jazz "Smooth Operator" fame? 

Confused
Surely not?

No, the Marquis de Sharde. Wink
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 05:58

Svetonio .. this is not the JUST FOR FUN section here, you must know  Approve  this is implemented for dealing with serious submissions, okay? ... because we run a serious website wih the aim to  present serious prog artists ... oh well ... very serious indeed  Wink

I swear that no one suggestion which I posted was some kind of bad joking with this esteemed website. If some, or even all my suggestions sounds un-serious or even "joke", then sorry, but this is NOT my problem. Would I send PM with my supposed sugestion to some person in charge for censorship, and if I get green light then to post a suggestion in public, I mean here? I know, I know...Sade haters will say thats such a great idea LOL  Well, except this suggestion, I read not so much negative comments on some other stuff I suggested; on contrary - one band, Tripcycle, was almost added.
So I think that is nothing wrong because I have fun here. It doesnt mean that PA is silly website or something! Regards!

Edited by Svetonio - January 14 2011 at 06:01
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 06:33
So you're saying this whole suggestion was a joke? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123