Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fabbropel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabbropel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2014 at 02:10
You can get Suono! from their official site www.distilleriedimalto.it
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 13:34
That made for a very long time that I had not listened to this album. The shock. Prodigious. I know that I do not listen to many modern RPI, but the records that I own are the better that I heard for years.

fabbropel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabbropel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 14:20
Thank you for your gentle words.
I'm Fabrizio, member of Distillerie di Malto.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 05:10
I like this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfAxgqkhVkU

fabbropel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabbropel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 05:30
ok
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 09:23
Originally posted by fabbropel fabbropel wrote:

Thank you for your gentle words.
I'm Fabrizio, member of Distillerie di Malto.

Hello Fabrizio,

thanks for the great music!

Do you stills sell the first album via your website?
Could use another copy.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 09:28
Pierre, that Allegri album is one wild ride!  Cool

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 10:11
Yes, Jim, an absolute masterpiece ! Heart I think that it's the better album of modern popular music I(ve heard those last ten years. Not a joke Big smile
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 15:36
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Pierre, that Allegri album is one wild ride! Cool

Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal; : rgb211, 216, 241;">That made for a very long time that I had not listened to this album. The shock. Prodigious. I know that I do not listen to many modern RPI, but the records that I own are the better that I heard for years.</span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal; : rgb211, 216, 241;"></span>

I trust your opinions, guys, so I'll ask Greg Walker if he still has it in stock for my next order!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 15:43
Michael, read the bio/review for an idea first....more of an avant than classic RPI sound....can't remember if you liked those or not

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 16:01
I'm pretty sure I recall you both mentioning it in the past, and I seem to think if I found some sound samples for it?

The RIO/Avant titles can go either way, but I do like a challange.

Jim, I know you're not the biggest fan of the more Neo flavoured Italian acts (although I'm sure I recall some vague comment you made once about starting to come around to them a bit more a year or two back?), but can you (or anyone else on here for that matter!) recommend any that particularly stood out in your mind?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 16:26
And the sound ! Oh the sound.! So delicate and warm. !  
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 17:13
Michael, yes, let me round up a fewBig smile  

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 18:19

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 18:23
Thank you, Jim! Plenty to look into! I'm very greatful, thank you so much!

Are there any particular albums from any of the above that you really cherish?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 18:47
Really cherish?  Honestly, no.   Not my favorite style to begin with....most of the albums I have by these groups are ones that I enjoy occasionally when I'm in this mood.  But certainly none would rise to the level of cherishing. 

That said, I think some of these will surprise people in a good way.  I just did one song sample per band so that it wasn't too time consuming to run through them. 

To all....if any of them really grab you, let us know!Smile

Edited by Finnforest - January 25 2014 at 18:47

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 19:29
Bwahaha, Jim, I actually paused after I wrote that reply and thought `Hmm, I wonder if `cherish' is a little too strong a word....'! I knew right from the start that the Neo stuff doesn't interest you too much!

`Time consuming' would even be how I would describe your effort it providing all those links! I'm very thankful.

I heard a really nice Neo one recently called `Night Watch - Twilight', but sadly it's almost impossible to track down on CD now....Greg Walker doesn't even have it listed on his site, and the sole copy I tracked down is going for $70 US on Ebay!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 20:53
^ I cherish this thread! Wink

I have the Mad Puppets - King Laurin and the Rosegarden.  English lyrics however, but in this case it helps to paint the picture of this concept album's tale.  I enjoy it.

That is quite the list Jim, Thanks!  Will have to check some of those out...
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 04:27
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Bwahaha, Jim, I actually paused after I wrote that reply and thought `Hmm, I wonder if `cherish' is a little too strong a word....'! I knew right from the start that the Neo stuff doesn't interest you too much!

`Time consuming' would even be how I would describe your effort it providing all those links! I'm very thankful.

I heard a really nice Neo one recently called `Night Watch - Twilight', but sadly it's almost impossible to track down on CD now....Greg Walker doesn't even have it listed on his site, and the sole copy I tracked down is going for $70 US on Ebay!

http://www.amazon.de/Twilight-Night-Watch/dp/B00005S1SM/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1390731815&sr=1-2&keywords=Night+watch

Treasure Box by Greenwall is a very good Album and I would recommend it.

Narrow Pass now feature the original male singer from Eris Pluvia and will have a new Album out this year.

https://myspace.com/allegrileprotti

Edited by TheH - January 26 2014 at 04:32
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 04:55
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

http://www.amazon.de/Twilight-Night-Watch/dp/B00005S1SM/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1390731815&sr=1-2&keywords=Night+watch

Treasure Box by Greenwall is a very good Album and I would recommend it.

Narrow Pass now feature the original male singer from Eris Pluvia and will have a new Album out this year.

https://myspace.com/allegrileprotti

Damn, THEH, Thank you! Very hard to understand that site, does anyone want to please order me one of the second hand copies and I can send them a personal Paypal payment?!

If anyone can help, please just send me a private message!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 358>