Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 496>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 08:52
^ Both done. Thanks.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 09:07
High Tide's "Precious Cargo" album is listed as a "live" album because it was recorded live in the studio. I don't think you can call that "live" though. many albums that are regarded to be studio albums were recorded the same way, like for example the only album of Arzachel or Amon Düül's "Psychedelic Underground". actually many early Krautrock albums were recorded that way..

a live album is an album that was recorded at a concert in front of an audience. that is not the case with "Precious Cargo", so it should be called a studio album.

Edited by BaldJean - February 24 2014 at 09:07

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 14:37
^ Agreed, and moved. Thanks.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 15:50
^^ Hm, these "live in studio" albums are a tricky thing.
When making studio albums bandsusually record some instruments and vocals separately, make overdubs and other studio wizardry. While live performance is a live performance regardless of the audience presence-absence.

I'm not familiar with HIGH TIDE music, but Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Tide_(band)reads:
"The first retrospective release, Precious Cargo, consists of sessions recorded in 1970 by the original group, but their exact nature is not specified. It has been theorized, however, that they are the rehearsal sessions for their unfinished third album.[4] One song, "The Great Universal Protection Racket"(mislabeled on the album as "Exploration"), had been recorded for Sea Shanties but went unreleased at the time due to space constraints.[3] None of the other six songs were used in any earlier recordings.
The second retrospective album, The Flood, is a collection of demos of various origins. It includes four demos recorded by the original High Tide shortly before their breakup, six demos recorded in 1971 and 1976 by Tony Hill and Peter Pavli with other musicians, and a Peter Pavli solo demo from 1979.

If this info is correct albums "Precious Cargo" (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=7810) and "The Flood" (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=7812) suit better to Compilations.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 16:00
Yeah, perhaps you're right. It sure is a tricky question.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 16:07
^ I propose to move "The Flood" to Compilations. Don't know about "Precious Cargo",.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 16:54
the question is in my opinion not tricky at all. many famous jazz albums were recorded that way, and no-one would consider them to be lve recordings. the same is true for the only album of Arzachel (you can clearly here it when you listen to that album with headphones: also Steve Hillage said so in the liner notes of a reissue of that album) and many early Krautrock albums.

a live album is in my opinion defined as being a recording of a concert played for an audience, so albums recorded live in studio are not live.

and the album is most definitely not a compilation; it was planned for release in 1970 but was for some reason not published before the mid 80s.

the wikipedia entry is, by the way, most definitely wrong about "The Great Universal Protection Racket" being the same as "Exploration"; these tracks have nothing to do with each other, so I don't trust it to be true about the circumstances of that recording. here a link to both of them on youtube ("The Great Universal Protection Racket" was included on a reissue of the second self-titled album of High Tide):

Edited by BaldJean - February 24 2014 at 17:08

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 17:16
Moving "The Flood" to Compilations and leaving "Precious Cargo" in Studio Albums sounds like, to me, the best solution.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 19:36
^ I agree. Flood flowed to Compilations.
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2014 at 04:52
1. http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=6640 Line-up: "- Rune Carlsson / drums, congas, klocka" "klocka" is a pleasant Swedish word it means "bell" in English. As it is an English site I would prefer the latter definition.

2. http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=6642 Line-up: "- Fredrik Norßn / drums". Correct name is "Fredrik Norén"
Per Köhler
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2014 at 06:23
^ Thanks, done.

I see both albums were also released under Swedish titles. Are the songs in Swedish language? If so I think Swedish versions deserve to have separate entries.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 02:46
Hi, I was wondering about the rules regarding entries with changed language as I'm not certain about it. In the case of Bo Hansson it's basically instrumental music so not much more than the song titles are changed. Sagan Om Ringen/Lord of the Rings - Ur Trollkarlens Hatt/Magician's Hat - Mellanväsen/Attic Thoughts Three albums doubled themselves and became six. Can't tell if every reader will pay attention to this
Per Köhler
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 05:59
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=3287 Line-up:

- Christer Åkerberg / acoustic & electric guitars
- Stefan Fredin / bass, vocals
- Mats Lindberg / keyboards, sax
- Dag Lundqvist / drums, backing vocals
Per Köhler
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 08:04
^ Thanks, done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 08:07
Originally posted by Per Köhler Per Köhler wrote:

Hi, I was wondering about the rules regarding entries with changed language as I'm not certain about it. In the case of Bo Hansson it's basically instrumental music so not much more than the song titles are changed. Sagan Om Ringen/Lord of the Rings - Ur Trollkarlens Hatt/Magician's Hat - Mellanväsen/Attic Thoughts Three albums doubled themselves and became six. Can't tell if every reader will pay attention to this 

Many thanks for this info. I'll add at least Swedish titles to existing albums.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 04:28
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=16208 is a LIVE album.

Tracks listing:
A1 Lad Os Sammen Finde Andre (2:19)
A2 Her I Solen (9:02)
A3 Narmest Blå (5:34)
B1 Du Må Andre Hvad Du Vil (13:37)
B2 Senere (3:38)

Releases info:
Vinyl LP Mandragora / Mandragora MGLP 3
CD Karma / KMCD 210108

Line-up:

Leif Roden / vocals, bass
Ole Poulsen / guitar, vocals
Mikael Miller / guitar, vocals
Tom Lunden / keyboards, vocals
Karsten Høst / drums
Per Köhler
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 12:00
^ Done. Thanks.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 00:59
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=6463 belongs to the Boxset & Compilations
Per Köhler
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 02:26
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=6462 belongs to Boxset & Compilations
Per Köhler
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 05:37
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=44833 Excuse Me two mistakes.

Correct track Listing:

1. Midnight Land
2. Got Together

Correct Line-up is:

Jan-Erik Olsson / Bass
    Björn Fredholm / Drums
    Thomaz Gartz / Flute, Drums (2)
    Claes Swanberg / Guitar (2)
    Mecki Bodemark / Organ, Vocals
    Hans Nordström / Saxophone
    Anders Sjöstedt / Trumpet

Per Köhler