FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The PA Happy Birthday Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The PA Happy Birthday Thread
    Posted: May 27 2022 at 04:26
^ Thanks, but I won't remind you: I stopped celebrating my birthdays when I turned 23 (however, that didn't help not to get older, strangely).

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2022 at 04:21
Belated best wishes to Richard and Kees. If you remind me, you can have the appropriate treatment next year.

Richard, my 60th will be something special, and only two and a half years to go, because that will be the glorious day I am freed from the shackles of the department I so lovingly serve.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2022 at 04:10
Belated happy birthdays to all who want to receive that. I actually saw the light of day at the same time (or day, at least) as Jared. Honestly, I don't remember a thing of that moment, but I doubt we popped out of the same mum...

Beer

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2022 at 03:08
Its a bit sad when you have to wish yourself a belated happy birthday but I passed the 60 mark 10 days ago. Quite pleased that I share a birthday with one of my favourite people - a certain Mr Rick Wakeman, although he is a tad older than me Big smile
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:25
^HugHug
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 09:45
Well, I haven't done this for an awful long time. I must stress that this post is NOT the full-time return of this extraordinarily silly, but quite good fun whilst it lasted, thread, because I am too busy with my other projects, but I did want to post a little happy birthday to two very good friends on the forum here.

On Tuesday, it was Jared's birthday. Jared Butcher lives in the lovely county of Herefordshire, a place where cows are cows, proud of it, and humanity comes a very distant second in terms of importance. Jared was 54 on Tuesday. He is incredibly knowledgeable about our genre and, indeed, went orf to see the resurrected Karnataka, a band not too far from the Lazland parish, as a treat. Lucky fellow! Jared lists his interests as historical heritage, world cinema (this is code for watching a load of old French luvvies shagging themselves silly in the name of nouveau art), classical, metal, and rock moosic. Jared is employed as a Council Reablement worker, which is modern corporate bollocks code for a carer - he deserves our gratitude as one of the many who put themselves in the frontline during that bloody awful lurgy period.

And so to JD. It is JD's birthday today. Happy birthday, my dear old chap, and old is absolutely the operative word here, because JD Dinsdale popped out of Mummy's private parts an incredible 64 years ago today. Very excitingly, JD is an entrepreneur, you know, one of those chaps who does business things, makes piles of bunce, and no doubt waxes lyrical about it at the 19th hole of the local golf club.

And, in an exclusive for the PA Happy Birthday Thread (It's not even on the world's finest website, www.lazland.org he says in yet another shameless self-promotion exercise) you too can now enjoy JD's efforts. Take a look at this; https://www.whitepinemedia.ca/ Now, this is culture at its highest level. It's even got Latin on it, so probably only those lovely German Baldies will be able to understand a bleeding word of it, but that doesn't stop us admiring it, oh no!

In fact, JD did very kindly send me a calendar a wee while back, and his photography on it was stunning.

So, this lovely, award winning thread (voted Most Annoying Thread In The World 2020 by the German School of Philosophy) wishes our very good friends HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks for your support, chaps, and, indeed, I send all of my lovely friends here on PA my love and thanks for supporting my new website, even if I haven't featured you on this thread. If you want in, you are going to have to tell me it is your birthday Wink
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 13:13
Whew !! Thumbs Up
I was getting real close to firing off a PM to see if he was ok.
He does a bang up job and I think we all appreciate his efforts.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 12:25
^^ Thanks Steve! Good to hear.

Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 12:15
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'm happy to report that all is well with Steve Laz. He dropped me a line to say that, unfortunately, with his PA posts sometimes life gets in the way. So, he's taking a break, but will return as soon as time permits. Hooray!

Glad to hear it. He was nice enough to include me in his birthday posts last month,  Very kind of him. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 12:00
I'm happy to report that all is well with Steve Laz. He dropped me a line to say that, unfortunately, with his PA posts sometimes life gets in the way. So, he's taking a break, but will return as soon as time permits. Hooray!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 04:30
Honestly I was a bit worried about Steve's (Laz) absence, but thought it could be related to the "atmosphere" where being "funny & entertaining" would/might seem outplaced or "inhuman". Also, I thought the other Steve (with a G Tongue) would know if there's something to be worried about Laz's absence.

Plus, Laz is doing some really "demanding" stuff here. Perhaps he just gave a break, eh? Embarrassed
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2021 at 09:32
I figured he was either on holiday or had a computer kack.
Looks like he hasn't posted since May 8.
LAZ MAN...ARE YOU OUT THERE BROTHER !!
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2021 at 09:00
Is everything OK, Laz? The PABT is worryingly silent, although you deserve of course a holiday and/or a week at the pub without celebrating the aging of other people...

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 10:01
Ah, saved these for Sunday before the Sunday roast. A weekend ritual now;
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 13:14
We are very late posting in tonight’s PABT thread, owing to the fact that Thursday is the pub night for Mr Laz. Beer heaven, talking of which we are visiting the cradle of civilisation this evening.

Parsafayal, which is not a reference to a rather stern Germanic operatic figure, joined our throbbing throng in October 2011, and did hang about for a couple of years before disappearing without bothering us with his opinions on a single occasion. His signature was suitably revolutionary, reading “Together We Stand, Divided ed We Fall”. A passage all of us lonely prog titans can relate to when standing up to the modern world of pop pap, I am sure.

Parsa has a fair old list of interests as well, namely “a Guitar, Music, Cinema, Books, and Philosophy”.

Parsa Fayal celebrates his 30th birthday in that beardy Ayatollah province formerly known as Persia, but these days known as the favourite whipping boy of all decent minded westerners, Iran.

A search for our departed brother finds that he is, in fact, pretty active in the music world, although this was well after his registration. Here is an article about him and his musical brother in Power of ProgIranian Electronica/Space Rock duo SIX DAYS END Announce October 16th as the Release Date for their debut Album “In Between Two Nothings” | Power of Prog. Some really professional and detailed stuff on there.

Our hero also has a Sadderthanever page at Six Days End - Home | Facebook 

And, very excitingly, we also have an elastic band site where we can listen to our prog brothers, and wonder why they are not on our hallowed site.Music | Six Days End On arriving home from the glorious boozer, I have had a wee listen to In Between Two Nothings, and it really is rather good stuff. Iranian prog, brought to you by the finest prog birthday thread in Islamodom. Give it a listen. For those of you who are the digital electronic prog Collabs, get them on the site!

On this thread, sometimes it is nice to take the piss. Sometimes, we like to visit the world of long lost personages who reside in the hilarious corporate world. But occasionally we bring to you some very talented and brave former members, and, on a serious note, I can only really imagine the challenges that Parsa and his friend must have in what is the epitome of theocracy on God’s earth. Good on him, and give his music a listen, whilst lamenting the fact that even Svetonio missed out on recommending him to The Persian Hallowed Halls of Progdom.

Happy birthday sir! Stay clear of beardy yobbos, please!

Elsewhere, no collab news to impart. Tonight’s post was brought to you in partnership with Doombar and Greene King Ales. Happy days, my friends! 

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 12:11
Today on The PABT, now confirmed as the number one happy day visited thread in Progdom, we provide an exclusive service to our hungry masses. I might also add the hungry masses who hail from Blighty and find themselves in The Land of the Free, although native Yankee personages are also very welcome to come aboard. There is absolutely no discrimination on this thread, oh no! We love everybody and share that love far and wide. 

On 16 October 2011, Orianoskin joined our happy gathering, and stayed with us for all of two months without troubling the admin censors hereabouts or even attempting to send us a Latin verse. The chappy who registered celebrates his 34th birthday today, and hails from Catasauqua in Pennsylvania. Let us first consider this wonderfully named metropolis, in true PABT fashion. It is known locally as Catty, so plenty of pussy no doubt to be found in town. It’s mayor is the altogether wonderful Barbara A. Schlegel who is responsible for keeping the good citizens safe and well. On its website, I really would heartily recommend that you take a wee gander at The Iron Works, which thankfully is not a smelting plant thingy, but a wonderful shopping and dining destination, or at least will be when it is complete. Catasauqua – Welcome to the Borough of Catasauqua

Our dear departed brother did not, in fact, come here to wax lyrical about whether Rush are prog, and not even to annoy Ivan, regrettably. Nope, he is simply the latest in a long and proud line of capitalists attempting to flog the prog masses his wares, but what a service he purports to provide. For his homepage is a link to The British Food Depot where you can order all your favorite English and British foods online right here in the USA! Yes, be still your beating hearts! Ditch the Bog Mac! Don’t transition to The Burger Queen! On this site, you can buy Oxo cubes! Oh yes, that crucial component of all stock right over there in Brave Land. Here it is British Food Depot - Shop For British Foods In The USA And don’t just take it from them, oh no, because  250,000+ Orders, 35,000+ Reviewers and 170,000+ Customers Can't Be Wrong!

Well, just how true is this bold statement? Well, before you rush out to order your Walkers Crisps (go for the beef and onion - delicious) or Aero bar (an orgasmic experience, believe me), you might want to pay a visit to one of those public rating site thingies. I have, and I really would be in two minds if I were a freeborn American housewife/husband. Take a look at this site, where 60% of reviews are “bad”, although with only 10 reviews we really should take it with a pinch of Saxo Salt The British Food Depot Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of britishfooddepot.com

The Key Principal of the business, or owner to you and I, is a certain John O’Reilly, and I believe that this is our dear departed brother. And in a service unparalleled anywhere else in Prog Forums, you can actually ogle our extraordinarily handsome Blighty brother here British Food Depot - Prepress Services - Catasauqua, PA I would certainly buy a used pork chop from this chap! He used to run a Proper Little Pub in Allentown, but regrettably this closed after no more than a year’s trading. Quite predictable, really, given that 98% of our American cousins prefer the piss water of Bud to good old fashioned English ale. Staggering! I have also found a hit for our friend on a deaf personages site, namely this Orianoskin | Deaf Community but it would appear that he hasn’t posted there, believing instead that the prog masses are more amenable to buying Blighty gravy than those who are hard of hearing. But he has spread his seed on other sites, including one for hairy bikers in The Philippines, of all things Orianoskin | Motorcycle Philippines 

His adventures in Proggerland did not even finish there. He also registered as Walkcotte about the same time, trying to tempt the masses with those aforementioned Walkers Crisps. The ready salted are also quite good by the way. I had some with lunch today.

So! We wish a very happy birthday to our spammy brother! Actually, he flogs spam as well! But I don’t like spam!

Elsewhere, we have no current collabs to report, but if we did, they would almost certainly have expressed their opinion that the position of those three gods from Canada, Rushland, are safe and secure on the site, as they are, indeed, prog, but probably properly situated in Canterbury Scene rather than Heavy Prog on account of the fact they played there live in 1977.

Pip pip! 

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 13:15
Hug
^Huggies from a cold damp JD just waiting for the sun to shine again.
In the words of John Heywood "Many hands make light work."
Then again, he may have been talking about more people holding more candles so he could see better.
I honestly got it second hand myself.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 13:01

Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Best things are shared things! Cheers to all, and to Laz for this wonderful PABT! Beer 

Why, thank you Kees. Today’s was extremely good fun, and most of them are. Glad you enjoy.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 12:59
Best things are shared things! Cheers to all, and to Laz for this wonderful PABT! Beer

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 12:54
And given that JD posted just before me, it is now a three-way PHOTM.

Share the love, as my extraordinary Mrs Laz always says.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>