Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Republican Thunderdome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 13:29
Republicans have been a W.A.A.C. party since Nixon but it's gotten worse as they see their once firm majority continue to dissolve.   It must be hard for sociopathic criminals to lose elections.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 11:12
Thanks for sharing Kees. Can't disagree withe writer's assessment. I find it scary with the direction of the Republican Party. Moreover, combating these tactics could well undermine Democrats as well in the process. The deterioration of democratic principles because of the "win at all cost" mentality is frightening.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 10:49
This Guardian article seems to me quite a good assessment of the state of the Republican party nowadays and thus where the US of A are heading...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2023 at 08:34
^And T***p is so desperate to get re-elected to avoid the inevitable onslaught of legal peril that he will torch anyone who stands in his way. I'm happy to have a front row seat for that.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2023 at 04:36
I thought it was hilarious how Biden got the Republicans to take social security off the chopping block during the state of the union address. And he did it with such ease. Pretty good for an old coot. Nonetheless, I'm sure they won't give up on that, but it won't look in good in the press now that they're "publicly committed."

But yeah, you're right. Americans get what they deserve if they keep voting in clowns (and dangerous ones I might add) like Santos, Green, Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, DeSantis, and trump.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2023 at 16:56
Considering the depth of Republican criminality and corruption, I wouldn't count on this somehow signaling they are "eating themselves alive"... not yet.   The far Right will do anything if they think they're losing.   Especially if they think they're losing their credibility over the long term, which of course they are.

Ultimately it's who people vote for---  you can't subvert an election without getting some pesky attention as a Fascist criminal.   If New Yorkers vote for a George Santos, they get a George Santos.   If Arkansans vote for a  Sarah Huckabee they get a Sarah Huckabee.   If the country votes Trump back in or gives DeSantis "a chance", then that's who we're stuck with for four years.

Edited by Atavachron - February 08 2023 at 16:58
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2023 at 14:08
Figured I start a thread now since the next two years are gonna be whack !!!
Post your thoughts on the R's eating themselves alive. They wanted civil war, they got it...within their own house.

Read on !

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415