Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2021 at 17:02
Made For Love (Season 1)
Definitely falls under the quirky heading with a real creep factor.
(IMDB)
A young woman, on the run after 10 years in a suffocating marriage to a tech billionaire, suddenly realizes that her husband has implanted a revolutionary monitoring device in her brain that allows him to track her every move.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Mini Series)
Lots of enjoyable moments. It did get a little heavy handed in the area of social justice, but these are the times were living in. Watch for a surprise guest star in the second last episode.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 04:11
Home Before Dark (S1)
The mystery drama Home Before Dark tells the story of Hilde Lisko, a nine-year-old reporter who moves from the big city to her father's small hometown of Erie Harbor. The Apple TV+ series is inspired by the real Hilde Lysiak, who founded her very own news publication, Orange Street News, when she was just seven years old.
My comment - Very enjoyable well made mystery/family based drama . 8/10 . Glad to see a second season on the way!

For All Mankind (S2)
Set in the cold war era, it tells an alternative version of the history of the space race continuing on from Season 1. The US and Russia have both established bases on the moon that may or may not be with peaceful intentions! Very strong on character development and touches on important issues surrounding racial and sexual discrimination. Builds to a dramatic and satisfying season finale. Looking forward to Season 3 when they have Mars in their sights! 9/10

Devils (S1)
10 episodes based on a book by an Italian writer and set at the height of the 2008 financial crash. At the dark heart of the financial centre of Canary Wharf , one such 'Devil' (played by the ever reliable Patrick Dempsey) stands to make a fortune as the Eurozone stands on the brink of collapse. Add to this a mysterious death at his financial institution and various other 'dodgy' characters . Can our 'hero' Massimo help avert the up and coming disaster with the aid of a beautiful female blogger? 
Way too over-cooked and desperately lacking tension , but still lots of fun to be had as it works its way to a reasonably believable conclusion. 7/10 

Line Of Duty (Season 6)
Probably the weakest of the series so far as the every last ounce of juice is squeezed out of the familiar (tired?) formula. Time to put this out to pasture! 6.5/10

essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 07:10
After years of sneaking episodes in here and there when no-one else was around, I finally finished GOT this weekend!!!

I didn't find the ending disappointing at all, and overall the whole thing was an absolute triumph....
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 08:16
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Line Of Duty (Season 6)
Probably the weakest of the series so far as the every last ounce of juice is squeezed out of the familiar (tired?) formula. Time to put this out to pasture! 6.5/10

Up till the last episode I would have disagreed - there were some definite OMG moments and it was all building up to a great climax then Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey, it turned out to be the numpty. When they showed who was being taken into the interview room after they sussed out who was making the spelling mistake (why didn't they do that earlier?) my wife and I both said "oh, it's him" in a disappointed voice.

We need a series 7.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 11:06
Wife and I just finished binge watching Shadow and Bone. She was into it from the start, it took me till the 3rd episode to really get into it. Could be we started at like 9PM and made it to episode 6 at 2AM, finished it the next morning.
Really hoping for a 2nd season very soon but I suspect it will be 2022. Hoping it does not go the way of The Messiah which Netflix cancelled more seasons.
There are 3 books in the Shadow and Bone story, so a good chance it continues.

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 01:06
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Line Of Duty (Season 6)

Up till the last episode I would have disagreed - there were some definite OMG moments and it was all building up to a great climax then Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey, it turned out to be the numpty. When they showed who was being taken into the interview room after they sussed out who was making the spelling mistake (why didn't they do that earlier?) my wife and I both said "oh, it's him" in a disappointed voice.

We need a series 7.

I'm intrigued with Patricia Carmichael's character so that's a big maybe. I think Jed Mercurio boxed himself into a corner with the whole season and there was never going to be a big 'reveal' . He teased us a bit that it may be Hastings but that would have lacked credibility.  In the end it was an enjoyable ride but lacked the tension I was looking for.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 02:36

Line Of Duty (Season 6)

We need a series 7.

I'm intrigued with Patricia Carmichael's character so that's a big maybe. I think Jed Mercurio boxed himself into a corner with the whole season and there was never going to be a big 'reveal' . He teased us a bit that it may be Hastings but that would have lacked credibility.  In the end it was an enjoyable ride but lacked the tension I was looking for.
I agree, Carmichael is a great character. I'm not sure what Mercurio could have done with "H" - who could it have been that would really make you go "wow"?
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 12:46
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Wife and I just finished binge watching Shadow and Bone. She was into it from the start, it took me till the 3rd episode to really get into it. Could be we started at like 9PM and made it to episode 6 at 2AM, finished it the next morning.
Really hoping for a 2nd season very soon but I suspect it will be 2022. Hoping it does not go the way of The Messiah which Netflix cancelled more seasons.

Just started Shadow and Bone and really liking it so far.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 13:03
I recently binge watched Chernobyl
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 13:07
Shadow and Bone was a really good and well made fantasy series that took itself and its audience serios, I saw it as well, enjoyd it very much and just started watching Josh Weedons the Never, its promising and shows Weedons love for steam punk and Dickensian charm, many cool characters, got that Firefly curiousness.

Also finnished Roadkillstarring Hugh Laurie, very gripping and tense political sceme series, sadly no plans for seccond season.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 13:42
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Shadow and Bone was a really good and well made fantasy series that took itself and its audience serios, I saw it as well, enjoyd it very much and just started watching Josh Weedons the Never, its promising and shows Weedons love for steam punk and Dickensian charm, many cool characters, got that Firefly curiousness.

Also finnished Roadkillstarring Hugh Laurie, very gripping and tense political sceme series, sadly no plans for seccond season.

I agree, that was one thing I was impressed about Shadow and Bone, very well made with nice SFX....the fold is awesome!

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 13:43
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Thumbs Up
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 14:12
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

I recently binge watched Chernobyl

Chernobyl was amazing. I picked it up on DVD. Best thing I have watched in a long time. 
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 15:50

I agree, that was one thing I was impressed about Shadow and Bone, very well made with nice SFX....the fold is awesome!
the fold is awesome, wicked and scary
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 20:50
Watching the British drama series "Unforgotten" and it is spellbinding! No trick props or effects, just superlative CAST acting of the highest order, always perfectly scripted as if a sculpture of suspense that engulfs you completely and emotionally. The climaxes are gripping and clever. Wow! 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 20:51

Roadkill was quite the ride indeed, very well played. 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 00:18

Line Of Duty (Season 6)

We need a series 7.

I agree, Carmichael is a great character. I'm not sure what Mercurio could have done with "H" - who could it have been that would really make you go "wow"?

that was indeed the problem!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 00:23
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

I managed about 10 minutes and that was enough, yet another drama with a bunch of English actors straight out of RADA not even remotely feeling like 'real' characters.  I think I've got the hump with Netflix although I did very much enjoy The Lost Pirate Kingdom , a mini docu drama series that was very interesting and informative. However once I finish Breaking Bad I could well be done as it will be an age before Stanger Things 4 arrives!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 00:25
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Watching the British drama series "Unforgotten" and it is spellbinding! No trick props or effects, just superlative CAST acting of the highest order, always perfectly scripted as if a sculpture of suspense that engulfs you completely and emotionally. The climaxes are gripping and clever. Wow! 

yep, one of the best British crime dramas of recent years for sure Clap
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 03:04
Mosaic (HBO 6 episode mini series)

came out in 2018 but only just hit my radar. Sharon Stone stars in this deep psychological drama with a bunch of interesting characters. I liked it a lot and binged it over 3 nights. Solid 8/10.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>