FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2023 at 21:16
The Sixth Commandment 4 episodes

A true story from less than 10 years ago, set in leafy suburbia, 'something' very dark and unsavoury lurks. This is very grim stuff. Quality drama but you need to be in the mood to watch. 8/10
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2023 at 15:01
Just caught the first 2 episodes of The Peripheral. Brilliant, intelligent sci-fi - I wished I'd watched it sooner.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2023 at 07:22
Would be interested to hear an opinion about The Sixth Commandment. I've only watched the first episode but it's as dark as it gets to a point it probbaly should carry some sort of 'warning'. My family have watched this and rave about it as they do also about Wolf mentioned above (I've not started)

Personally just finished Rabbit Hole with Keifer Sutherland and Charles Dance. Well made conspiracy nonsense that best you let wash over you and attempt not decipher the convoluted plot. Maybe a generous 7/10 for star power but basically a 'time filler' ever there was one.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2023 at 05:23
Finished Wolf last night on the BBC. God show but quite weird 8/10. Also completed The Power of Parker. Brilliant, I love it and it's great to get that early 90s feel. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2023 at 18:51
Hijack 7 episodes 2023

Thoroughly enjoyable thriller series with a British cast including Idris Elba, Eve Myles, Neil Stuke and Holly Aird. Full of twists and turns you have to be fully awake for this! 8/10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2023 at 04:46
Did the 6 episodes of series 2 of Good Omens over a couple of nights. A very enjoyable watch but not as good as the first series. You can see the work that went into it but the main story was a bit weak and was mixed in with too much history stuff. 7/10
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2023 at 01:25
I recently binge watched The Tripods.
There were supposed to be three series but Robert Powell znd Michael Grafe cancelled the 3rd so the TV version of the story ended on an unresolved cliffhanger
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2023 at 15:15
I finished Futurama for the third or fourth time last March. It seems there is a new season this year, the first in like ten or so years. The first episode was awful. And judging by titles if the rest of the episodes, it's not going to be very good moving forward either - they're way too topical and the premier was way too meta. Also, I think Billy West may be getting a little too old for this; he's straining hard and I don't think characters sound really that great right now. The animation itself is spot on. But this makes me nervous about the show's near perfect legacy...

Edited by bardberic - July 29 2023 at 15:40
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2023 at 09:57
16 rather crap episodes of Series 7 of Fear the Walking Dead completed last night. I'll probably start watching the second series of Good Omens next.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2023 at 10:51
The Offer

This limited series drama from Paramount looks at the making of the Godfather from the book by Alan Ruddy (the producer) and details his run ins with the Mafia among other things. Very entertaining , great cast and quite emotional in some respects. Miles Teller is superb as Ruddy especially. 9/10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2023 at 05:59
Finally catching up with Series 7 of Fear the Walking Dead (SE08 is on at the moment). Also I've found out that The Walking Dead: Dead City with Negan and Maggie is on too - and The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon starts in September - in France of all places lol,
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2023 at 01:43
No Escape (7 episodes)

Plenty of tension in this limited series adaption of a popular thriller book. 2 young UK women are fleeing the country for reasons unknown and hitch a ride on a small yacht in The Philippines. Another Paramount + success making it currently my favourite streaming platform. 8/10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2023 at 10:34
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

I recently binge watched the 70s BBC Science Fiction drama Survivors. Now making a start on the audio recordings shich continue the story.

One of only 3 TV series I've re-watched in entirety (the other 2 being Blake's Seven and GOT) . I love an apocalypse drama in general (Silo and Last Of Us are also great)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2023 at 07:29
Westworld Series 4. Series 1 was brilliant, 2 and 3 not so much - it all got too confusing so I've been putting off watching this, the final, series (cancelled after this). It's better than series 2 and 3, but still confusing. Half way through now then I can forget about it after 4 more eps.
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2023 at 07:13
Catch-22
Blackadder season 2
Creature Comforts season 1

All great! Catch-22 was a positive surprise. I thought I'll try and watch the first episode but got sucked in and watched the whole thing. Maybe even as good as the movie? At least more thorough. I thought Creature Comforts was a kids' show and watched it with my 10 year old. Ermm Well, she liked it anyway and so did I. 
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2023 at 06:13
I recently binge watched the 70s BBC Science Fiction drama Survivors. Now making a start on the audio recordings shich continue the story.
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2023 at 02:59
De 12 van Oldenheim - 1 season / 13 episodes (Netherlands): A really good mystery/drama. Interesting story, intriguing mystery with a satisfactory revelation, finely crafted plot, and solid acting. 8.5/10
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2023 at 00:31
I literally just finished The Devil is a Part-Timer Season 2 like 20 minutes ago. My god the animation was a step down from season 1 and the plot has become generic and boring. I just found out that season 3 literally started yesterday, too. I will watch it, only to finish the series, but I just hope it doesn't drag like season 2...
Jalouis View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jalouis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 23:38
I just finished watching FUBAR. I liked it a lot ‼️
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2023 at 09:38
DS9 was generally considered the best of the Star Trek spin offs' and delved a lot into spirituality as I remember and the origins of the universe. Had wonderfully big ideas and well realised characters. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>